Vettel sure Monaco will suit Ferrari

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Scuderia Ferrari

Scuderia Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel is sure that Ferrari will be able to fight for victory at the Monaco Grand Prix, despite being overhauled by Red Bull in Spain.

Vettel finished third at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya as he was beaten to the flag by Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen.

Vettel is nonetheless confident that Ferrari can vanquish Red Bull and provide a challenge to Mercedes.

"I think it should be a strong track for us, we were very competitive last year," he said.

"I think we improved the car in those areas, the areas you need for Monaco, the car is better in terms of ride, kerbing, in general so it should help for Monaco."

Vettel downplayed the form of Red Bull across the weekend in Spain.

"We were as competitive as expected here with the exception of Saturday," he said during in-season testing.

"On Sunday we were in the ballpark but we just struggled to get past. Once we got past - which was not many times in the race - we showed that we were quicker.

"If you get Saturday right then they shouldn’t be too much of a threat. Of course they’ve kept improving, so did we, but I think it’s clear that Saturday didn’t go as well as what we thought and what we hoped.

"If we had qualified a bit higher up then it could have been a different race but would, could, should."

If you liked this post then share it with your friends on social media websites. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest F1 news.