أرشيف وسم ‘ Sauber ’

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2017

Sauber signs Wehrlein for 2017

Pascal Wehrlein will complete Sauber’s driver line-up for the 2017 Formula One World Championship alongside Marcus Ericsson. The 22-year old German has proved his potential in junior single-seater racing, but above all with Mercedes-Benz in the DTM where he drove from 2013 until 2015, breaking record after record: he became the youngest debutant in 2013, the youngest race winner in 2014 and the youngest champion in 2015. “We are very pleased to confirm Pascal Wehrlein as our second race driver for the 2017 Formula One […]

Posted on Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Was Red Bull aggressive enough in Mexico?

Mexico was a strange race for many reasons and doing well was all about taking care not to fall into the trap of believing your own assumptions. Year two in a new venue, there were some assumptions from last year that needed to be debunked. There were 21 overtakes last year. But the reality was that most of those overtakes happened because teams had underestimated the braking requirements at altitude and this year were more prepared, so overtaking was really difficult. And that meant no […]

Posted on Friday, August 26, 2016

2016 Belgian GP - Friday Press Conference

Transcript of the Friday Press Conference organised by the FIA for the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix TEAM REPRESENTATIVES – Christian HORNER (Red Bull Racing), Claire WILLIAMS (Williams), Monisha KALTENBORN (Sauber), Eric BOULLIER (McLaren), Frédéric VASSEUR (Renault), Robert FERNLEY (Force India) PRESS CONFERENCE Eric, if we could start with you please. Let’s start by talking about the updated power unit you’re running in both cars this weekend. Where is it better than the old one and do you have any further reliability worries after what happened […]

Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2016

Ericsson: ‘We can still finish in points’

This Formula 1 season must feel like a copy of 2014 for Sauber. The team is now at the very bottom of the Constructors’ Championship and has yet to score a single point in 2016. The last time the outfit finished a race within the points was 10 months ago at the United States Grand Prix. F1Zone.net caught up with Sauber’s Marcus Ericsson to discuss the team’s lack of performance and how this impacts his own development as a driver. The Swedish driver is used […]

Posted on Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ericsson to require checks before race start

Marcus Ericsson says he will require further medical checks before he is permitted to participate in the British Grand Prix on Sunday. Ericsson lost control of his Sauber C35 during the final practice session and crashed heavily exiting Stowe, with all four corners of his car sustaining damage in the incident. Ericsson extricated himself from the car but was taken to hospital in Oxford as a precaution, before being released after further checks. "It was obviously a huge accident," said Ericsson. "I went a bit […]

Posted on Monday, June 20, 2016

Nasr achieves best 2016 result in Baku

Felipe Nasr says he was "satisfied" with his performance at the European Grand Prix as he and Sauber inched closer to the points. Nasr has endured a difficult 2016 campaign so far but finished in 12th position at the Baku City Circuit, recording his highest classification of the season. "Overall, I am satisfied with my performance," he said. "I fought very hard from the beginning to the end, so we can be pleased with P12. "We maximised our performance on track as well as on […]

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Nasr: Magnussen contact compromised race

Sauber's Felipe Nasr says "unnecessary" contact with Renault's Kevin Magnussen compromised his prospects at the Canadian Grand Prix, as he trailed home in 18th place. Nasr started from 18th on the grid but collided with Magnussen at Turn 3 and was tipped into a spin. Nasr's C35-Ferrari suffered floor damage in the collision and the Brazilian eventually classified a low-key 18th. "It was a disappointing race for me," rued Nasr. "My race start was ok, but then suddenly in Turn 3 I was hit from […]

Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2016

Ericsson hoping for power unit boost

Marcus Ericsson is hopeful that he can make progress across the remainder of the Canadian Grand Prix weekend when Sauber fits a new power unit to his C35-Ferrari. Sauber has struggled throughout the 2016 campaign and has not been able to apply any substantial developments to its challenger since the opening round of the season in Australia. Ericsson was 19th quickest during the second practice session at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, three-tenths of a second and two positions adrift of team-mate Felipe Nasr. "We had […]

Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sauber drivers apologise for 'unacceptable' clash

Sauber drivers Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr have both apologised for their role in the intra-team collision during Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix. Nasr was asked by Sauber to allow Ericsson to pass, albeit with the caveat that the Swede would be require to pull over if he was unable to make progress. As Nasr queried the call, Ericsson attempted an overtaking move which resulted in the pair colliding at La Rascasse, ultimately retiring from the race. Ericsson was given a grid drop for the Canadian […]

Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Ericsson, Kvyat get Canada grid drops

Marcus Ericsson and Daniil Kvyat have both been given three-place grid penalties for the Canadian Grand Prix after instigating separate incidents in Monaco. Ericsson clashed with Sauber team-mate Felipe Nasr at Rascasse, while Kvyat collided with Kevin Magnussen at the same corner. Ericsson and Kvyat were also handed two penalty points for the incidents. Elsewhere, Valtteri Bottas was slapped with a 10 second time penalty and two penalty points for colliding with Esteban Gutierrez, dropping him to 12th place. Pascal Wehrlein also picked up four […]

Posted on Friday, May 27, 2016

Sauber will resolve issues 'shortly'

Sauber Team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn is sure that the operation will be able to solve its challenging predicament "shortly" as it bids to secure its future. Sauber has struggled financially in recent months amid delayed payments, with the issues impacting on-track performance, with no car updates across the past few events. Sauber has yet to score a point in 2016 but when asked for an update on Sauber's situation, Kaltenborn said "we have certain challenges and we are working very hard to overcome the situation […]

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sauber pair eye end to points drought

Sauber drivers Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr are hoping to take advantage of the often unpredictable nature of the Monaco Grand Prix to end the outfit's points drought. Sauber has not finished in the top 10 since last year's Russian Grand Prix, with the team ahead of only Manor in the standings on results countback. Ericsson is confident further opportunities will follow later in the year when Sauber introduces its long-awaited upgrade package, which will not make its debut until at least the Austrian Grand […]