أرشيف وسم ‘ Formula One ’

Posted on Thursday, September 8, 2016

What could F1 takeover mean for the sport?

It’s not every day you switch on your TV or open your web browser, to discover one of the world’s biggest sporting series has been taken over by new owners. This week, such an occasion took place as Liberty Media bought Formula 1, for just over six billion pounds. It had been well rumoured among F1 regulars before the official confirmation came through late on Wednesday night. The deal itself is very interesting and exciting for the future of the sport. Now owned by a […]

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2016

Kvyat: 'No-one can delete the past'

F1Zone.net chats with Daniil Kvyat about the infamous Red Bull seat swap and his experiences with Toro Rosso

Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hulkenberg: Never before has there been a situation like this

Nico Hulkenberg believes that Formula 1 has never faced such uncertainty ahead of the start of the new season. Hulkenberg returns to Force India this year and reckons that the rule changes - which include the introduction of 1.6 litre v6 power units - means that no-one can be sure of the pecking order ahead of the first test at Jerez in two weeks' time. "At the moment, nobody knows how this season and the new cars are going to be," he said. "There are […]

Posted on Friday, January 10, 2014

FIA reveal permanent F1 driver numbers

Quadruple Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel went for five on Friday with the German choosing to have that numeral on his car when he is eventually deposed as number one. Under new regulations for 2014, Formula One drivers will have permanent racing numbers to be used throughout their careers from now on and can choose any between two and 99. The governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) published the official list with some surprises among the selections. Vettel, who will have the number one on […]

Posted on Friday, January 10, 2014

Caterham not ruling out Kobayashi for F1 return

Kamui Kobayashi appears imminently close to securing his return to Formula One. The Japanese lost his Sauber seat at the end of 2012, spending last season as a Ferrari test driver and driving a works Ferrari 458 in the Le Mans series. But Kobayashi, 27, has also collected millions from his fans to offer to a potential F1 race employer, and just before Christmas was spotted at Caterham's factory. When asked about the popular former Toyota and Sauber driver, a Caterham spokesman told Sky: "There […]

Posted on Friday, January 3, 2014

Ferrari president: Raikkonen and Alonso 'could be dangerous'

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has conceded that pairing Kimi Raikkonen with Fernando Alonso for the 2014 season 'could be dangerous'. Ferrari has altered its driver line-up for the first time since the start of 2010 as Raikkonen returns to the team with which he won the 2007 championship, replacing Felipe Massa. Alonso has enjoyed priority over Massa since 2010 and, with Raikkonen also a world champion, Di Montezemolo admits that it is a risky strategy for Ferrari. "Putting together Alonso and Raikkonen could be […]

Posted on Monday, December 30, 2013

Formula 1 sends support to injured Schumacher

The Formula 1 community has emerged to send its support to Michael Schumacher, who is in a critical condition in hospital. Schumacher fell while skiing in the French Alps on Sunday and is in an induced coma in Grenoble. Personalities from the sport sent messages of support to the German, who claimed 91 wins and seven championships in a career spanning 19 seasons. 'Following the serious injuries sustained by Michael Schumacher in a skiing accident yesterday in France, the thoughts and sympathies of all at […]

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013

Raikkonen to get first taste of 2014 Ferrari

Kimi Raikkonen, not the Ferrari incumbent Fernando Alonso, will get the first on-track taste of the Italian team's 2014 car. That is the claim of Italian media sources including La Gazzetta dello Sport, reporting that Finn Raikkonen will debut the new red single seater on the first two test days at Jerez in late January. Spaniard Alonso, who until now has been regarded as Ferrari's clear 'number 1' driver, will make his debut in the 2014 car later in the same test, completing the four-day […]

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013

Lotus thinks most F1 teams struggling

Gerard Lopez, the owner of the Lotus outfit, believes the vast majority of the teams in Formula One are struggling financially. Lotus' problems have had a high profile in 2013, as the Enstone based team thrived with a competitive car but tackled rumours it was struggling to pay its drivers, employees and suppliers. But the Russian website f1news.ru quoted Lopez as insisting: "For 80 per cent of the teams, their financial situation is no better than ours. "If half of those teams say they are […]

Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Ecclestone wants three 'double points' races

The days of the highly controversial new 'double points' rule for the season finale appear numbered. Many fans and drivers have made clear they are not happy with the change, designed to keep the title alive right to the end by offering twice as many points in Abu Dhabi next November. "I think it's wrong," Toro Rosso driver Jean-Eric Vergne told Italy's Corriere dello Sport, "because it devalues the work a driver has done throughout the whole season. "As drivers we are not excited about […]

Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gutierrez completes Sauber 2014 line-up

Mexican Esteban Gutierrez will race with Swiss-based Sauber for a second season next year with Russian teenager Sergey Sirotkin signed as test driver, the Formula One team announced on Saturday. Gutierrez will partner experienced German driver Adrian Sutil, who has moved from Force India to replace Nico Hulkenberg in a direct switch with his compatriot. Sauber also announced the continuation of their sponsorship agreement with Mexican telephone company Telmex, who have backed the racing careers of both Gutierrez and compatriot Sergio Perez. Telmex will remain […]

Posted on Friday, December 20, 2013

Double points could be scrapped, says Montezemolo

Formula One's decision to award double points at the last race of the season could be scrapped after next year's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, if not before, according to Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo. The Italian told reporters attending a Christmas lunch at the Fiorano test track that he was no fan of the controversial rule change that has got fans up in arms and been branded 'absurd' by Red Bull's world champion Sebastian Vettel. "I am not enthusiastic about it, because for me it […]