أرشيف وسم ‘ report ’

Posted on Friday, May 3, 2013

Williams clarifies reports of financial loss

Williams has played down reports it suffered a financial loss last year, insisting instead that it is gearing up to expand. Listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange, the British team this week revealed a pre-tax loss of almost $8 million last year, having turned a profit in 2011. But spokesman James Francis said the financial report could not include almost $15 million in Formula One income. "If that figure had been included we would have turned a loss into a profit," he told the Oxford […]

Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013

Allergy almost sidelined Raikkonen in Bahrain

He ultimately finished second, but Kimi Raikkonen was almost not well enough to contest Sunday's Bahrain grand prix. Finnish sources MTV3 and Turun Sanomat report that the Lotus driver was late for the pre-race driver parade because he was suffering from an allergic reaction. "He gets it 3 or 4 times a year," the 2007 world champion's trainer Mark Arnall admitted. "We have no idea where it came from just before the race, but it affects mainly his skin, and not so much his eyes." […]

Posted on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Webber excluded from qualifying, starts last

Mark Webber has been excluded from the qualifying results for the Chinese Grand Prix. Webber stopped on track during Q2, with Red Bull citing a fuel pressure problem as the cause of his stoppage. The Red Bull driver had originally set the fourteenth quickest time in the session but must now start from the back of the twenty two car grid. A technical error meant that insufficient fuel was delivered to Webber's RB9 during Q2. Webber's car had just 150ml of fuel remaining, rather than […]

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rumour mill considers Webber's successor

As the 'Multi-21' affair races on, the F1 rumour mill is already beginning to churn out potential candidates for Mark Webber's seat. The Australian's entourage and Red Bull have already denied rumours Webber will step down before his current contract finishes, but his future beyond 2013 is much more clouded. There have even been some calling for Sebastian Vettel to be suspended for a race. "It is a very serious affair if you tell a driver to do something and he doesn't do it," McLaren […]

Posted on Friday, March 22, 2013

Rivals suspect Lotus has unfair tyre advantage

As Melbourne winner Kimi Raikkonen continues his top form in Malaysia, Lotus' rivals are beginning to wonder if the team has an unfair advantage. At Sepang, arguably even more than in Australia, the keyword is tyres. "Tyres, tyres, tyres, tyres, tyres," grumbled Red Bull's Mark Webber on Friday. Pirelli's more extreme 2013 product could be clearly seen flicking off the wheels on every one of the 15 corners at Sepang during Friday practice. Yet serenely at the top is Finn Raikkonen. Germany's Auto Motor und […]

Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Vettel extends Red Bull deal through 2016

Sebastian Vettel has extended his contract with Red Bull to the end of the 2016 season, according to Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung. Previously committed to the energy drink-owned squad only to the end of next year, the report said the reigning triple world champion has now inked an extension for 2015 with an 'option' for the following season as well. The report said team boss Christian Horner admitted the news to a small group of insiders in Melbourne. Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko said: "I […]

Posted on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ecclestone wants 22-race calendar in 2014

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed he wants to push out F1's already bustling calendar to 22 races in 2014. This year, with New Jersey's demise, the schedule has dropped from its original 20 grands prix to just nineteen. But Russia is joining the action next season, and F1 business journalist Christian Sylt wrote in a City A.M. report that talks are on with Mexico and Thailand. "Having races in the right place is what matters," F1 chief executive Ecclestone told Sylt. "The teams could probably deal […]

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sutil edges closer to F1 return

Adrian Sutil is set to return to Formula One with Force India this season. Sutil, who sat out 2012 in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair, has beaten hot contender Jules Bianchi to become Paul di Resta's new teammate. Force India is yet to confirm Sutil, although a decision is understood to have been made. "Sutil was in the McLaren simulator yesterday. As of Thursday, he will be in action for the last pre-season test in Barcelona", German media reported. "On 17 March […]

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2013

'Engine maps' trouble for Red Bull, Lotus

Hot on the heels of Williams and Caterham's dubious exhaust exit solutions for 2013, trouble could also be brewing for F1's two other Renault-powered teams. Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that, after Renault and 'works' partner Red Bull were told to cease using certain 'engine maps' last year, the same issue is now back on the table. Correspondent Michael Schmidt also said the similarly Renault-powered Lotus, who according to most pundits has been the second most impressive team of the 2013 pre-season, is also […]

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2013

Razia left out of Marussia's Barcelona test

Luiz Razia, Marussia's second race driver for 2013, has been left out of this week's testing in Barcelona. The situation is causing alarm within Brazil's F1 media ranks, and raising doubts about whether the 23-year-old's new contract is now in doubt, or whether Max Chilton is simply the clear and favoured 'number 1'. Brazilian Razia was scheduled to run for two of the four days in Spain, but Marussia said the programme was changed to exclude Razia because it "made sense to keep Max in […]

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2013

What's it going to be then, eh?

Recent events have focused on the subject of 'pay drivers' in the sport. Rather than being critical, there needs to be focus on why teams have resorted to using them...

Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Ferrari 'quite good' at Jerez says Rosberg

Ferrari appeared to find its way with the new F138 car following a difficult start at Jerez. That is the summary of Mercedes' Nico Rosberg, who told Germany's Sport Bild he noticed Felipe Massa struggling with the new red car at the beginning of the first winter test. "On the first two days," he said, "the Ferrari did not look good." But Brazilian Massa ultimately went on to set the fastest laptime of the entire four-day test. "Obviously, they found a solution to the problem," […]