أرشيف وسم ‘ Otmar Szafnauer ’

Posted on Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Szafnauer: 'Good chance to finish ahead' of Williams

Force India’s Chief Operating Officer Otmar Szafnauer is positive his team could still finish fourth in the championship standings if they will avoid making mistakes in the future races and also limit the damage on those tracks that don’t fit their car. The two-point advantage going into the Italian Grand Prix weekend wasn’t enough to prevent Force India from slipping back behind Williams in the constructors’ championship after Sunday’s race. Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg scored only 5 points in Monza while their direct rival was […]

Posted on Friday, July 24, 2015

Force India to miss second session

Force India will not participate in the second practice session following Sergio Perez's large crash in the opening 90 minutes of running in Hungary, which cost the team an estimated €250,000 worth of damage. Perez's car appeared to suffer a suspension failure as he ran across the kerbs exiting Turn 11 and Perez was pitched towards the inside barriers. Perez's front right wheel dug underneath the chassis and sent the car into a flip, with Perez eventually landing upside down. Perez was able to clamber […]

Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Force India: Fourth would be tremendous

Force India chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer admits that finishing fourth in the 2014 Formula 1 constructors’ championship would be a 'tremendous' result for the Silverstone-based squad. The outfit is behind only 'factory teams' Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari in the standings after the Canadian Grand Prix, having racked up 77 points across the first seven races of the season. Force India's previous best result in the constructors' championship was sixth, which they achieved in 2011 and 2013. "Formula 1 is a difficult game as […]

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2014

Mercedes deserves current success - Szafnauer

Force India chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer says that it will be a difficult proposition for any team to beat Mercedes in 2014. Mercedes has claimed five successive pole positions and race wins ahead of this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix and Szafnauer doubts that the squad will lose their advantage. "The latitude that you have to make aerodynamic changes has got even smaller because the regulations got uptight so that makes it harder," he told F1Zone.net. "Red Bull has a very good car and they […]

Posted on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Force India: Missing Bahrain test a disadvantage

Force India chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer says that missing December's tyre test in Bahrain was a disadvantage for the team. The FIA invited all 11 teams to the three day test in mid-December last year but only four teams took up the offer. Force India began 2013 strongly but struggled once Pirelli tweaked the tyres mid-season. "It's hard to know what those who tested learned, but I'm sure they learned something that we didn't learn, so in that regard we are a bit behind," […]

Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013

Mallya says Force India can still catch McLaren

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya says McLaren remain in sight in their battle for fifth place in the Constructors' Championship. Force India led McLaren for most of the first part of the season, but are now five points behind their rivals. F1Zone Interview: Force India's Otmar Szafnauer But Mallya remains confident that his team can beat their rivals. "It is going to be a close fight, but the good news is that McLaren still aren’t that far ahead," said Mallya. "They only scored one point […]

Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2013

F1Zone.net Interview: Otmar Szafnauer

When Force India first entered Formula 1, their target was simply to beat Super Aguri, a backmarker team that scored 4 points during their entire time in the sport. Today, Force India is battling McLaren, one of the most successful teams in Formula 1 with 12 drivers' championship and 8 constructors' championship titles, for fifth place in the Constructors’ Championship. Prior to the Belgian Grand Prix, Force India was even leading McLaren by two points in the standings. They are now just five points behind […]

Posted on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Red Bull to test Pirelli tyres with 2011 car

Red Bull will conduct a two-day, 1000 kilometre tyre test with Pirelli mid next week in Barcelona. The news revives memories of this year's Mercedes 'test-gate' scandal, but the world champion team will be using a 2011 car, not the title-leading RB9. And the race drivers will not be in action. Instead, it will be test driver Sebastien Buemi alongside 2014 race driver Daniel Ricciardo. Their task, confirmed by Pirelli motor sport boss Paul Hembery, will be to test 2014-specification tyres. But not everyone is […]

Posted on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Force India no longer developing 2013 car

Force India chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer says his team is no longer developing the VJM06, ahead of this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix. Force India is currently in fifth place in the championship but Szafnauer admits that the team does not have the resources to run parallel programmes effectively. "Because we’re such a small team we have stopped developing this year’s car and we’re working on next year’s car" he told F1Zone.net in Belgium. "We can’t do this parallel development, we just don’t have the […]

Posted on Friday, February 1, 2013

Force India unveils the VJM06 at Silverstone

Sahara Force India unveiled its 2013 challenger today as Paul Di Resta pulled the covers off the VJM06 at Silverstone circuit. The VJM06 is the third car to be overseen by Technical Director, Andrew Green, and builds on the strengths of the 2012 car. With stable technical rules the car is more evolution than revolution with the removal of the ‘step’ nose being the most obvious visual change. “The VJM06 doesn’t look massively different to its predecessor, but beneath the skin we’ve looked at every […]

Posted on Monday, October 8, 2012

Massa staying at Ferrari, Hulkenberg to Sauber

Some more pieces of the 2013 'silly season' puzzle are set to fall into place. British broadcaster BBC reports with confidence that, with his return to the podium at Suzuka following a two-year drought, Felipe Massa could have his new contract to stay at Ferrari confirmed "before" this weekend's Korean grand prix. It's a blow for Force India's Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg, who were linked strongly with the Maranello team's potentially vacant cockpit. But Switzerland's Blick newspaper reports that German Hulkenberg has a […]

Posted on Saturday, June 9, 2012

Many favourites for Canada victory

Friday showed there are many favourites for Canadian grand prix victory this weekend. As F1 seeks an unprecedented seventh different winner for its seventh different round of 2012, the top teams will need to keep an eye on dark horses Sauber and Williams, Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports. Much less than a second separates much more than half of the entire field. "Last year it (the gap) was two and a half seconds," said Peter Sauber. Red Bull's Christian Horner predicted: "Q2 is going […]