أرشيف وسم ‘ news ’

Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013

Formula 1 paddock pays tribute to de Villota

Members of the Formula 1 paddock have been paying tribute to Maria de Villota, who has died at the age of 33. De Villota, who survived a horrific testing accident in 2012, was found dead in a hotel room in Seville. Jean Todt: FIA president: "Today is a tragic day for motor sport. My deepest condolences go to the De Villota family. Maria was a fantastic driver, a leading light for women in motor sport and a tireless campaigner for road safety. Above all, she […]

Posted on Friday, October 4, 2013

Raikkonen sure Lotus can be competitive

Kimi Raikkonen says that the Lotus E21 feels strong at the Korea International Circuit, despite the Finn crashing out of first practice during the final minute. Raikkonen lost control of his car exiting the final corner and hit the barriers. His car was repaired in time for Raikkonen to return to action early on in second practice, where he set the eighth fastest time. "Obviously it didn’t help that I destroyed part of the car this morning; maybe I ran out of talent there! It […]

Posted on Friday, October 4, 2013

Sauber extends Ferrari powertrain partnership

Sauber has confirmed that they will continue their partnership with Ferrari into Formula 1's new era in 2014. Ferrari will supply Sauber with a complete powertrain, including engine, gearbox and ERS (Energy Recovery System). "We are pleased to extend our technical partnership with Ferrari taking Sauber into the new era of engines that starts in 2014," said team principal Monisha Kaltenborn. "Ferrari has been a long standing partner of the team, first from 1997 to 2005 and then again from 2010 onwards." "We are proud […]

Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2013

Caterham extends Renault deal for further three years

Caterham has confirmed that they will continue to use Renault power from 2014. The Leafield based team has used Renault engines since the start of 2011 and the partnership will continue into Formula 1's new era in 2014. "This announcement is obviously very good news for our F1 team and is a reflection of the deep bonds that have been created between our two businesses since 2011, particularly with the roadcar project we launched in 2012 between Caterham and Alpine, which is now at an […]

Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Alonso saddened by Ferrari regression

Fernando Alonso says it is 'sad' to see Ferrari slip back after he qualified in seventh place for the Singapore Grand Prix. Alonso has not won since May's Spanish Grand Prix but the Ferrari F138 had demonstrated improvements at low downforce circuits at Spa and Monza, where Alonso finished as runner-up to Sebastian Vettel in both events. But while Alonso said that Ferrari was still pushing in its championship bid, he expressed his disappointment at the regression. "I think we need to be realistic and […]

Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Montezemolo says Alonso will benefit from Raikkonen's return

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo reckons current driver Fernando Alonso will benefit when former driver Kimi Raikkonen returns to the team next season. Raikkonen raced for Ferrari between 2007 and 2009 but was paid off a year early and joined the World Rally Championship. Raikkonen returned to Formula 1 at the start of 2012 with Lotus and last week Ferrari confirmed that the Finn will race for them in 2014 and 2015. Di Montezemolo sees parallels between the return of Raikkonen with that of Niki […]

Posted on Monday, September 16, 2013

Mallya says Force India can still catch McLaren

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya says McLaren remain in sight in their battle for fifth place in the Constructors' Championship. Force India led McLaren for most of the first part of the season, but are now five points behind their rivals. F1Zone Interview: Force India's Otmar Szafnauer But Mallya remains confident that his team can beat their rivals. "It is going to be a close fight, but the good news is that McLaren still aren’t that far ahead," said Mallya. "They only scored one point […]

Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Raikkonen left to finish career at Ferrari says Boullier

Kimi Raikkonen may have returned to Ferrari to finish his Formula One career with a final challenge, according to Lotus team boss Eric Boullier. When Wednesday's news broke, Lotus admitted on Twitter that losing the Finn "hurts a little" -- the quote was attached to a bizarre photo of forceful copulation between two rabbits. But team boss Boullier insists the Enstone based team is not "bitter". In fact, the Frenchman said he understands Raikkonen's decision. "You know, we remain a medium-sized team and there are […]

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Red Bull won't stop me winning insists Ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo insists Red Bull will give him a fair shot at race wins even though his teammate is the multiple world champion Sebastian Vettel. Some believe that, despite the champion team pledging identical equipment and support for the young Australian in 2014, Red Bull chose Ricciardo over a high profile candidate like Kimi Raikkonen in deference to Vettel's likely status next year as a quadruple title winner. Indeed, while "excited" at the prospect of going head-to-head with Vettel in F1's top team, 24-year-old Ricciardo […]

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Marko: Alonso and Raikkonen could 'tear Ferrari apart'

The F1 world is only now waiting for the announcement. It is explosive and significant news, because - at least on paper - Fernando Alonso alongside the Finn is arguably the best driver duo on the grid.

Posted on Monday, September 9, 2013

Renault to woo Alonso to Lotus?

As the Formula One paddock emptied at Monza, one rumour had moved into the realm of fact -- Kimi Raikkonen is returning to Ferrari in 2014. The news was being confidently reported by broadcasters, including Germany's RTL, the major daily Bild, and even perhaps the most respected correspondent in the paddock, Auto Motor und Sport's Michael Schmidt. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo will reportedly inform Felipe Massa that his services are no longer required in a personal meeting at Maranello on Wednesday. It would go […]

Posted on Sunday, September 8, 2013

Red Bull to test Pirelli tyres with 2011 car

Red Bull will conduct a two-day, 1000 kilometre tyre test with Pirelli mid next week in Barcelona. The news revives memories of this year's Mercedes 'test-gate' scandal, but the world champion team will be using a 2011 car, not the title-leading RB9. And the race drivers will not be in action. Instead, it will be test driver Sebastien Buemi alongside 2014 race driver Daniel Ricciardo. Their task, confirmed by Pirelli motor sport boss Paul Hembery, will be to test 2014-specification tyres. But not everyone is […]