أرشيف وسم ‘ mclaren ’

Posted on Friday, October 9, 2015

Alonso vows to attack after grid penalty

Fernando Alonso says he will approach the Russian Grand Prix with an attacking mentality following a 35-place grid penalty for several engine changes. Alonso was set for a 25-place grid drop after Honda elected to use its four remaining development tokens ahead of this weekend's race at the Sochi Autodrom. Honda has now fitted further new components to Alonso's engine and he will start from the back of the grid for his 250th race in Formula 1. "Unfortunately, I have a 35-place grid penalty due […]

Posted on Monday, October 5, 2015

McLaren motivated by Button renewal

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says that the outfit is motivated by the news that Jenson Button will remain with the team into the 2016 campaign. Button's future had been in doubt but last week it was confirmed that he will stay with McLaren, extending his stay with the Honda-powered team into a seventh season. "We confirmed that Jenson will be continuing to race with us next year," Boullier said ahead of the Russian Grand Prix. "The announcements is incredibly motivating for the whole team, […]

Posted on Thursday, October 1, 2015

McLaren confirms Button to stay for 2016

McLaren has ended speculation regarding the future of Jenson Button by confirming that he will remain with the team into 2016. Button's future had been unclear in recent weeks amid suggestion that the 2009 world champion was considering walking away from the sport. Button's contract with McLaren was for two years, with the outfit holding an option to cancel the deal at the end of 2015. McLaren decided not to activate the clause once satisfied that Button was committed to extend his Formula 1 stay […]

Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2015

Alonso 'embarrassed' by McLaren showing

Fernando Alonso says that he was 'a bit embarrassed' by McLaren's showing at the Japanese Grand Prix as he battled to 11th place in front of Honda's home crowd. Alonso voiced his frustration over the team radio during the race, claiming that it was akin to racing with a 'GP2 engine'. "There's not much to enjoy on track," Alonso explained. "Obviously it's frustrating how they overtake you on the straights and then you arrive at the corner and you see them braking late, making mistakes […]

Posted on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Alonso hails 'best lap' at Suzuka

Fernando Alonso hailed "probably the best lap of my career" at Suzuka, despite being restricted to 14th place on the grid. Alonso, who last won at the circuit in 2006, made it through to Q2 at Honda's home event but posted the slowest time, finishing the session ahead of only the non-participating Max Verstappen. "That was probably the best lap of my career around Suzuka," said Alonso. "I could have fitted 100 more sets of tyres to the car, and I probably still wouldn’t have […]

Posted on Friday, September 25, 2015

McLaren convincing Button to stay

McLaren says it is trying to convince Jenson Button to prolong his career in Formula 1, amid suggestions that the Briton is set to retire at the end of 2015. Button has spent six years with McLaren but his future remains uncertain, following speculation that the 2009 champion will walk away from the sport at the end of the year. McLaren Chief Operating Officer Jonathan Neale says that the outfit, which has endured a troublesome 2015 following its reunion with Honda, wants Button to stay […]

Posted on Thursday, September 24, 2015

Button in 'good talks' with McLaren

Jenson Button says he is holding 'good talks' with McLaren as rumours swirl over his future participation in Formula 1. Reports in the British press suggested that Button was set to announce his exit from the sport, but ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix, the 2009 World Champion remained coy on his plans. "Since the last race there’s no more information to give you," he said. "You’re going to have to wait for a little while I’m sorry to say but we’re in good talks, […]

Posted on Sunday, September 6, 2015

Alonso not fussed by Monza retirement

Fernando Alonso says McLaren made a 'wise decision' to retire him from the Italian Grand Prix after suffering from an electrical control board issue. Alonso was catching up with McLaren team-mate Jenson Button during the closing stages of the race but the problem ultimately side lined him, albeit with the pair scrapping over a lowly 14th place. "I got a good start today, then a couple of cars made contact at the first corner, which slowed me down," he said. "Then, at the second chicane, […]

Posted on Thursday, September 3, 2015

McLaren pair set for another grid penalty

McLaren drivers Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button will sustain further engine grid penalties at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix. Honda has confirmed that it intends to change the Internal Combustion Engine [ICE] in both MP4-30s for the ninth time this season. As this is the first time Alonso has used a ninth version of any of the six elements which make up the power unit, the Spaniard will receive a 10 place penalty. Button's car was fitted with a ninth Turbocharger [TC] and Motor Generator […]

Posted on Wednesday, September 2, 2015

McLaren fears 'difficult' Monza weekend

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says that the high-speed nature of the Monza circuit will lead to a difficult Italian Grand Prix for the team. McLaren's power unit supplier Honda has struggled upon its return to Formula 1 this year and Boullier says that while progress has been made, it will not be visible in Italy this weekend. "Spa was a particularly unflattering race for our package, which disappointingly masked many signs of progress we were hoping to see after the summer break," he explained. […]

Posted on Friday, August 28, 2015

Magnussen sure of Formula 1 future

Kevin Magnussen says he has been approached by rival teams over a future race seat, though emphasies that his focus remains with McLaren. Magnussen raced for McLaren in 2014 but was demoted to a reserve and test role after the squad hired Fernando Alonso to partner Jenson Button. Magnussen replaced the injured Alonso for a pre-season test and the Australian Grand Prix, but has not tested a Formula 1 car since and his future remains unclear. McLaren has yet to confirm its 2016 line-up, amid […]

Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Alonso rues 'painful' weekend for McLaren

Fernando Alonso says that McLaren's performance during the Belgian Grand Prix was 'painful' as it finished significantly adrift of the top 10 at Spa Francorchamps. McLaren struggled throughout the weekend, leaving Alonso and team-mate Jenson Button to start from the back row of the grid after a litany of engine penalties. Alonso made a strong start but was unable to keep pace with the remainder of the pack as he came home a lowly 13th. "That was a tough race and a painful weekend: we […]