أرشيف وسم ‘ India ’

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mallya: Perez not a pay driver, it's against my philosophy

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya has dismissed speculation that new signing Sergio Perez is a pay driver. Perez will race for the Silverstone based team into 2014 after being axed by McLaren after a solitary season, but Mallya has rejected suggestions that he signed the Mexican due to his backing. "Mexico, Latin America - that part of the world was totally closed for us: we don’t do business in that part of the world, we had no connection to that part of the world. It’s […]

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sutil had seat fitting in 2014 Sauber

After spending his entire career to date with Force India, Adrian Sutil on Wednesday began his next F1 chapter. "Look who we found getting comfortable in his seat," the Swiss team Sauber said on Twitter, adding a photo of German Sutil, 30, at the wheel of the 2014 car. Sutil, who began his career in 2007 with Force India's former guise Spyker, was at Sauber's Hinwil headquarters for a seat fitting in the new C33, which has already passed the FIA's static and dynamic crash […]

Posted on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sutil targets podiums after move to Sauber

Adrian Sutil says that he is aiming for podiums after switching to Sauber for the 2014 season. Sutil has been part of Force India since 2006, when he joined the team under its previous guise of Midland. He then remained with the squad through its transition into Spyker and then Force India, only missing out on a drive in 2012. Sutil has never finished on the podium in 109 starts in the sport, with his best finish coming at the 2009 Italian Grand Prix, when […]

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2013

Full line-up for Bahrain test confirmed

The full line-up for this week's tyre test in Bahrain has been confirmed after Mercedes announced that Nico Rosberg will participate in the action. Rosberg, who claimed pole position for the Bahrain Grand Prix earlier in the year, will drive for Mercedes on all three days in the test, which is being organised by tyre supplier Pirelli. World champions Red Bull will give test driver Sebastien Buemi his first competitive running in a Formula 1 car since his departure from Toro Rosso at the end […]

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2013

Raikkonen picks number 7, Bottas picks 77

Drivers are spending the last days before Christmas coming up with the numbers they will carry for the rest of their Formula One careers. After the FIA kicked off the selection process, telling drivers they should name their top three picks between 2-99, it has already emerged that Force India's Sergio Perez has plumped for number 11. It is believed Fernando Alonso considers 14 to be his lucky number, Jean-Eric Vergne wants the iconic 27, and Nico Rosberg has asked to carry number 6, which […]

Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Driver number selection process under way

The process to assign driver numbers ahead of the 2014 season is under way, after several drivers revealed which numbers they have chosen. Under new sporting regulations, drivers are allowed to choose a number between 2 and 99, which will remain with them for the remainder of their careers. Drivers select their number in 2013 championship order, meaning that Sebastian Vettel has first choice, followed by Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. The reigning world champion, in this instance Vettel, has the right to use the […]

Posted on Friday, December 13, 2013

Season review - F1 2013 Driver Rankings: Part One

As part of our review of the 2013 Formula One season, we rank the drivers who entered a race this year and evaluate how they fared, beginning at the lower end of the grid. Here is the annual driver rankings... 23 | Heikki Kovalainen | Lotus F1 Team | Championship: 21st, 0 points Kovalainen wasn’t the worst driver to compete in 2013 but it would be unfair to rank him properly among rivals who participated in all 19 races. The Finn acquitted himself well during […]

Posted on Friday, December 13, 2013

Sutil to drive for Sauber in 2014

German Adrian Sutil will drive for Sauber next season, the Formula One team said on Friday, replacing Nico Hulkenberg who moved in the opposite direction to Force India last week. "I am very happy we found common ground," the 30-year-old Sutil was quoted as saying on the Sauber website, adding he had "known for a while" where he wanted to drive but negotiations took a bit longer than planned. No details of the agreement were revealed. "After six good years driving for Force India, with […]

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Perez supportive of double points

Force India driver Sergio Perez says he is in favour of the FIA's plans to introduce double points for the season finale from next season. The sport's governing body announced earlier this week that drivers will receive double points in Abu Dhabi next year. World champion Sebastian Vettel called the rule 'absurd' while Red Bull team-mate Daniel Ricciardo labelled it 'bizarre'. But Perez says the change will make the end of the year exciting. "I'm in favour, I think it will make things really exciting," […]

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Di Resta thankful to Force India, seeks new challenge

Paul di Resta has thanked Force India for his time in Formula 1 after it was confirmed on Thursday that the Brit would not remain with the team into 2014. Force India announced that Sergio Perez will partner Nico Hulkenberg next season, leaving di Resta and team-mate Adrian Sutil without a seat. Di Resta joined the team at the start of 2010 and spent he year as their reserve driver, alongside his duties in DTM. He stepped up to a race seat in 2011, registering […]

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Force India gives Perez a second chance

Underneath the Monza podium last year you’d have got long odds on then Ferrari and McLaren target Sergio Pérez lining up for Force India in 2014. Yet such is the evolution of Formula 1 that Pérez finds himself attempting to resurrect his career with a midfield outfit, despite 2014 set to be only his fourth season, and he is still just 23 years of age. In September 2012 Pérez finished on the podium in Italy, tested for Ferrari at Fiorano and then signed for McLaren […]

Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal

Force India has confirmed that Sergio Perez will race for them in 2014 after signing a 'multi-year deal' with the team. Perez, 23, who will race alongside Nico Hulkenberg, was unveiled at the Mexican consul in London on Thursday. Perez made his Formula 1 debut in 2011 and raced for Sauber until his switch to McLaren for 2013. Feature: Force India gives Perez a second chance His stint at McLaren lasted just a single year, having finished 11th in the championship, with 49 points. "It’s […]