أرشيف وسم ‘ Caterham ’

Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Caterham staff locked out of factory

Caterham staff have been locked out of the team's Leafield factory by administrators as doubts grow over whether the squad will be able to compete in next weekend's United States Grand Prix. Caterham's current owners issued a statement on Wednesday evening threatening to quit the Formula 1 team amid accusations that former owner Tony Fernandes has not transferred the relevant shares - and consequently remains the owner of the outfit. On Thursday Finbarr O'Connell, joint administrator for Caterham Sports Limited - the supplier to the […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Caterham F1 owners could quit team

Caterham's new owners have warned they could quit the Formula 1 team and have threatened to take legal action against Tony Fernandes after they claimed that the shares have not been transferred. It was announced in July that Fernandes was selling his squad to a group of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors but the new owners claim that the current situation, in which administrators have been called in to Formula 1 supplier Caterham Sports Limited, has had a 'devastating effect' on the Formula 1 team. […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Ravetto clarifies Kobayashi's Russia comments

Caterham team principal Manfredi Ravetto has clarified comments which were made by Kamui Kobayashi following his retirement from the Russian Grand Prix. Kobayashi told TV crews that he was informed by the team to retire the car shortly before the halfway point of the race and had no idea why he was asked to do so. But Ravetto has since clarified that the telemetry showed an issue with the brakes on Kobayashi's car. "I was very surprised to hear Kamui referring to some mileage-saving instruction […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kobayashi keeps Caterham seat for Sochi

Caterham has confirmed that Kamui Kobayashi will again race for the team at this weekend's inaugural Russian Grand Prix. Kobayashi's future has been unclear since the team was sold mid-season and his position at the squad has been confirmed on a race-by-race basis. The Japanese driver will again line-up alongside Marcus Ericsson, with Spaniard Roberto Merhi set to take part in the opening practice session on Friday in place of Kobayashi.  

Posted on Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Caterham dismisses 'unsubstantiated' rumours over future

Caterham has moved to play down rumours over its future in Formula 1 after speculation that some of its goods were seized by authorities at their Leafield base on Wednesday. High Court enforcement group The Sheriff's Office posted a list of assets it claims to have removed from Caterham, including a 2013 test car and parts which were set to be used at this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix. It claims that the parts will be sold at a public auction to the highest bidder in […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Merhi eager ahead of Suzuka outing

Roberto Merhi says he 'will not be starting from zero' as he prepares for his second practice outing with Caterham at this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix. Formula Renault 3.5 frontrunner Merhi will participate in the opening practice session at Suzuka, in place of Marcus Ericsson, having replaced regular driver Kamui Kobayashi in the first session in Italy last month. Merhi believes his experience from Monza, when he was quicker than Ericsson, will aid his progress on Friday. "I’m very happy to be driving in another […]

Posted on Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Kobayashi retains Caterham seat for Suzuka

Kamui Kobayashi will retain his Caterham drive for his home race in Japan this weekend, the team has confirmed. Kobayashi's future has been unclear following a takeover of the squad earlier in the year, with the Japanese racer missing the Belgian Grand Prix in August. Kobayashi will nonetheless line-up on the grid at Suzuka this weekend, alongside Marcus Ericsson, with Formula Renault 3.5 frontrunner Roberto Merhi taking part in Friday's opening practice session. "I’m very excited to be back in front of all my Japanese […]

Posted on Friday, September 26, 2014

Ravetto adamant of Caterham presence in 2015

Caterham team principal Manfredi Ravetto insists that the squad has a future in the sport beyond the end of the 2014 season. Ravetto joined the outfit following a takeover by a group of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors and was promoted to the role of team principal following the resignation of Christijan Albers. Ravetto insists that plans are being put in place to ensure that Caterham has a future in Formula 1. "We are currently testing our 2015 car in Cologne, at Toyota’s wind tunnel," […]

Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kobayashi unsure of presence at Suzuka

Kamui Kobayashi says he is unsure whether he will be on the Formula 1 grid for his home round of the championship in Japan, in two weeks' time. Kobayashi has raced for Caterham in 2014 but missed the Belgian Grand Prix after the squad opted to give Andre Lotterer his debut, while Kobayashi's presence in Italy and Singapore was only confirmed on the Wednesday prior to each event. As well as Lotterer, Formula Renault 3.5 frontrunner Roberto Merhi has been in the frame, having tested […]

Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kobayashi retains Caterham seat for Singapore

Caterham has confirmed that Kamui Kobayashi will continue to race for the team at this weekend's Singapore Grand Prix. Kobayashi was replaced for the Belgian Grand Prix by Andre Lotterer but returned to his seat in Italy. Kobayashi nonetheless admitted at the most recent event that his future with the team was uncertain and he could not confirm whether he would be in the CT05 for the remainder of the season. Kobayashi's future also remained unclear following Caterham's decision to hand Roberto Merhi a practice […]

Posted on Sunday, September 7, 2014

Albers resigns as Caterham team principal

Christijan Albers has resigned as Caterham team principal after just two months in charge. Albers stepped into the role following the team's take over by a group of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors, but the Dutchman has resigned from his position. "Over the past months I have dedicated all my energy to ensure the takeover of the team would go as smoothly as possible and to achieve the best possible result for our investors, sponsors and all the people involved with Caterham," he said. "As […]

Posted on Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ericsson penalised for yellow flag infringement

Marcus Ericsson must start Sunday's Italian Grand Prix from the pit lane after stewards deemed that he did not slow for yellow flags during the third practice session at Monza. Ericsson, who qualified in last position, was judged not to have slowed sufficiently when double waved yellows were being shown as marshals recovered Sergio Perez's stricken Force India on the inside of Curva Grande. Ericsson was also slapped with three penalty points, bringing his total for the 12 month period to five.