Other
No votes

Total votes: 41

phil1993

Re: Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2012

Post by phil1993 » 22 Apr 2012, 17:29

iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:Have a good time today?

No further action on the Rosberg incidents.
I don't know if I am lucky but when i went to the media center for the first day. The lady told me to go inside and see where I want to sit and get back to her with the seat number. Well I didn't, I told her show me the empty seats and I took "H16".

I went there and I saw James Allen at the left. Edd Straw and Jonathan Noble in front of me and a journalist from Sky sports and Adam Cooper. So I was really happy because I took that seat :p

I met the Crown prince today he told me "We have a problem here, no one is hiding it. But we have to tell the truth to the people and not just rumours" and that's what I am trying to do :p
:blink: :lol: Did they bother speaking to you? :p Were you the youngest there?

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 22 Apr 2012, 17:32

love alonso's dig on twitter!

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 22 Apr 2012, 18:59

iceman1 wrote: I went there and I saw James Allen at the left. Edd Straw and Jonathan Noble in front of me and a journalist from Sky sports and Adam Cooper. So I was really happy because I took that seat :p
if that's not luck I don't know what to say anymore. you were close to some of the best f1 journalists... how are they?
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 22 Apr 2012, 19:25

a few statistics for this weekend:

- 22. victory for Vettel witch puts him 11th overall with Damon Hill
- with Vettel's 31. pole position yesterday he just needs 3 more poles to be the 3rd most successful qualifying driver behind Michael Schumacher (68) and Ayrton Senna (65)
- 63. podium for Kimi Räikkönen. He is now ahead of David Coulthard in 6th place overall
- Mark Webber finished all 4 races in 4th position
- it was Schumacher's 230th race finish witch puts him first overall in front of Rubens Barrichello (229)
- it was the first podium for Romain Grosjean and the first leading lap in his 11th race in F1
- Paul Di Resta also got his first leading lap in F1 and his best result (6th)
- it was Jenson Button's worst ever race result (18th)
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 22 Apr 2012, 22:46

Ferrariman60 wrote:Well, I think Vettel deserved the result, but Grosjean is my driver of the day. Mclaren just collapsed and Rosberg needs a lesson on track limits.

Not a bad race by Bahrain standards.
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but what was wrong with his moves. Aren't you allowed to place your car there when defending? :huh:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 23 Apr 2012, 08:04

Personally, I think rosberg pushed alonso and hamilton off. Both had some car at the side of him but the FIA said it wasn't enough. I dont mind that sort of driving if every driver is allowed to do it, but clearly they arent.

So, why the hell isn't Lewis Hamilton penalised? IF the FIA say he wasn't pushed by nico, then he purposely went off track and overtook Nico outside the track limits.

But the FIA didn't penalise lewis. Because he was pushed. But they say he wasn't pushed by nico, so why is lewis not getting a penalty for clearly overtaking outside track limits with absolutly no reason then???

Simple. Rosberg was in the wrong. Theres a difference between defending your position, and swiping 6 car lengths across the track at such a violent angle and speed.

Sorry, but if Lewis did that move, he would be penalised. And then call the stewards racist :n

aspanos67
car driver
car driver

Post by aspanos67 » 23 Apr 2012, 09:31

I missed the race due to an absence! Is there a link where i can watch it?

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Apr 2012, 22:07

mikhailv wrote:Personally, I think rosberg pushed alonso and hamilton off. Both had some car at the side of him but the FIA said it wasn't enough. I dont mind that sort of driving if every driver is allowed to do it, but clearly they arent.

So, why the hell isn't Lewis Hamilton penalised? IF the FIA say he wasn't pushed by nico, then he purposely went off track and overtook Nico outside the track limits.

But the FIA didn't penalise lewis. Because he was pushed. But they say he wasn't pushed by nico, so why is lewis not getting a penalty for clearly overtaking outside track limits with absolutly no reason then???

Simple. Rosberg was in the wrong. Theres a difference between defending your position, and swiping 6 car lengths across the track at such a violent angle and speed.

Sorry, but if Lewis did that move, he would be penalised. And then call the stewards racist :n
Your Fernando pulled the exact same move, remember? So you're asking for a penalty for him as well
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 24 Apr 2012, 06:32

Did you even read the post or did those rose tinted lewis glasses obscure everything?

I clearly say it was rosberg. Theyve deemed him innocent of anything which in turn means lewis had no reason to go off track and overtake outside the track limits. But the FIA didnt punish lewis for for overtaking outside track limits; because he was PUSHED. So either you can shove people off or you can overtake off the track completly for no reason.

Pretty sure its clear as day what I said but i'll re-spell it you

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 24 Apr 2012, 07:30

JoostLamers wrote: Your Fernando pulled the exact same move, remember? So you're asking for a penalty for him as well
Overtakes outside track are not allowed. Or rosberg penalty or hamilton penalty. Choose

Abul3ala2
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Abul3ala2 » 24 Apr 2012, 11:10

My opinion is that the stewards avoided giving useless penalties. in ROS/HAM incident: one pushed the other outside, the other overtook outside, so there just few choices for the stewards: either punishing both of them for their actions, or order ROS to let HAM past which the later did indeed or just let it slide!

ALO in the other hand didn't have a single inch of his F2012 side by side with the W03 (if the onboard and my eyes are not failing me), so his ranting and complaining is useless. Maybe he remembers China 2010 when he pushed Felipe Baby outside the track at the pit entry.

Abul3ala2
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Abul3ala2 » 24 Apr 2012, 11:18

iceman1 wrote:
I went there and I saw James Allen at the left. Edd Straw and Jonathan Noble in front of me and a journalist from Sky sports and Adam Cooper. So I was really happy because I took that seat :p
I promise you when I become a winning driver you'll have a seat between Georgie Thompson and Lee McKenzie :n

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 24 Apr 2012, 11:46

Abul3ala2 wrote:My opinion is that the stewards avoided giving useless penalties. in ROS/HAM incident: one pushed the other outside, the other overtook outside, so there just few choices for the stewards: either punishing both of them for their actions, or order ROS to let HAM past which the later did indeed or just let it slide!

ALO in the other hand didn't have a single inch of his F2012 side by side with the W03 (if the onboard and my eyes are not failing me), so his ranting and complaining is useless. Maybe he remembers China 2010 when he pushed Felipe Baby outside the track at the pit entry.
When hamilton go outtrack, he was still back Rosberg, so then he ovaratake outtrack, penalty for hamilton?.

It's same move with hamilton and alonso.

Sl2

Abul3ala2
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Abul3ala2 » 24 Apr 2012, 11:51

dacer wrote:
Abul3ala2 wrote:My opinion is that the stewards avoided giving useless penalties. in ROS/HAM incident: one pushed the other outside, the other overtook outside, so there just few choices for the stewards: either punishing both of them for their actions, or order ROS to let HAM past which the later did indeed or just let it slide!

When hamilton go outtrack, he was still back Rosberg, so then he ovaratake outtrack, penalty for hamilton?.

It's same move with hamilton and alonso.

Sl2
Well, my opinion is from what I seen from the onboard and what I read from the stewards' press release. :)