Other
2%

Total votes: 44

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Grand Prix de Monaco 2011

Post by TwistedArmco » 31 May 2011, 20:55

JoostLamers wrote:@LewisHamilton: "Hey guys. I wanted to apologise 4 last weekends performance & also my comments after, I never meant to offend no1. I would also like to say thank u 2 everyone on here, 4 their positive messages & also 2 the angry messages. I can respect them both. 2 Massa & Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended u. Both of u r fantastic drivers who I regard highly. 2 my fans lost & my fans won, I wish u nothing but love & happiness. God Bless u. Onwards & upwards, Montreal next. Lewis"

:)
Rubbish example of how to convey language. It's shortened, but actually much harder to read than if it had been written properly. Not Hamilton's weekend to be a role model (although if you're looking for a role model, sport is probably about as good a place to start as politics, i.e. a poor place).

Why are people seriously considering Hamilton getting any more penalties? Surely that would be stupid. He got some for his driving, which were fair enough. Di Resta probably deserved one too (lay off Alguesuari Joost, I'd like to see you react to a 5-car pile up round a corner (with nowhere else to go) at 60 miles per hour, never mind at over 140mph). But any more would be pointless.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 31 May 2011, 21:26

JoostLamers wrote:Incredible everyone is talking about Hamilton and his agressive driving, while nobody here questions Algersuari being lapped, launching himself into Hamilton and Paul Di Resta making the exact same mistake as Hamilton into the Loews hairpin. This just shows how big Hamilton is. Lovely.
Di rest took responsibility. He was an idiot. One could excuse him for never driving monaco before, but those people are idiots. Hes an F1 driver and made a stupid mistake and deserves the penalty. Much like someone who ran into heidfeld in 2008; stupid move, deserved penalty. lewis didnt. and still dont admit fault

Alguesari ran out of road. But its not the first time he's be lacklustre and involved in an incident. Sooner Bueno and Agalooo get out of toro rosso, the better.

And were talking about lewis, not about his aggressive driving at all. Its about his stupid mistakes. So I know joost, your a big fanboy and you revelling in the fact your boy is center of attention and you still cant see it that its for the wrong reasons not the right.

Powerslave
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Powerslave » 31 May 2011, 22:44

JoostLamers wrote:Incredible everyone is talking about Hamilton and his agressive driving, while nobody here questions Algersuari being lapped, launching himself into Hamilton and Paul Di Resta making the exact same mistake as Hamilton into the Loews hairpin. This just shows how big Hamilton is. Lovely.
&doh
mikhailv wrote:Di rest took responsibility. He was an idiot. One could excuse him for never driving monaco before, but those people are idiots. Hes an F1 driver and made a stupid mistake and deserves the penalty. Much like someone who ran into heidfeld in 2008; stupid move, deserved penalty. lewis didnt. and still dont admit fault

Alguesari ran out of road. But its not the first time he's be lacklustre and involved in an incident. Sooner Bueno and Agalooo get out of toro rosso, the better.

And were talking about lewis, not about his aggressive driving at all. Its about his stupid mistakes. So I know joost, your a big fanboy and you revelling in the fact your boy is center of attention and you still cant see it that its for the wrong reasons not the right.
+1

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 01 Jun 2011, 08:12

Sam Michael (Williams): "It was a race incident"
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Powerslave
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Powerslave » 01 Jun 2011, 10:20

Jackie Stewart: "I thought the last manoeuvre by Hamilton (on Maldonado) was overly aggressive and he was very lucky to get out of that one without any damage. I think the stewards could have been much more severe than they were, and that is not a criticism of the stewards.’

As for the losses of cool in and out of the car, Stewart had this to say: "It comes down to mind management. He (Hamilton) has got to be more mindful of how he allows his emotions to run into statements that he might later regret."

"Emotions can be very dangerous and if you allow them to get the better of you then you can say things that later you wish you may never have said. He has got to be careful of that, not only to the administrators but also to his colleagues on the track because they can react as well."
:zz:

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by harrisv48 » 01 Jun 2011, 10:26

Full on board Hamilton and Masa in tne tunnel before crash

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 01 Jun 2011, 11:14

harrisv48 wrote:Full on board Hamilton and Masa in tne tunnel before crash

I believe it's the third time that someone posts this video :zz:
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 01 Jun 2011, 14:44

Just viewed all the comments on the Lewis Hamiltons "it's because Im black" And just want to put my point across.

I really dont understand why people are trying to brush this comment off as if it's just a bad joke. Joke or not this is not what Lewis should of said after FIA launched "Racing Against Racism" campaign. They did this because of spanish fans taunting Hamilton for being black. Now if he is allowed to joke about racism where do you draw the line?

jianh
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by jianh » 01 Jun 2011, 15:59

Eric_Cartman wrote:
harrisv48 wrote:Full on board Hamilton and Masa in tne tunnel before crash

I believe it's the third time that someone posts this video :zz:
I'd rather wish for Massa onboard instead of Hamilton's.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 01 Jun 2011, 17:19

nano1alonso wrote:Just viewed all the comments on the Lewis Hamiltons "it's because Im black" And just want to put my point across.

I really dont understand why people are trying to brush this comment off as if it's just a bad joke. Joke or not this is not what Lewis should of said after FIA launched "Racing Against Racism" campaign. They did this because of spanish fans taunting Hamilton for being black. Now if he is allowed to joke about racism where do you draw the line?
He was laughing out loud when saying that quote ffs. Get real! Have a sense of humor, be happy Hamilton had an outburst and wasn't being the commercial robot EVERY other driver is in those interviews!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 01 Jun 2011, 17:30

I have a sense of humor, But your missing the point by a mile. So if people start going to races this year with a face full of boot polish dressed as ali G would that be wrong or because Lewis thinks it's ok to make silly comments it makes it ok?

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Jun 2011, 17:57

Hold on joost, laughing means that your not being racist? Oh right. forgot.

If jenson button said 'maybe its because I iz white' if black stewards penalised him all the time, there would be absolute uproar.

if a black man says its racism, its a joke because he is chuckling as he said it. Maybe he is chuckling in his own twisted disbelief, not at the joke. Its the same with the '*** No Racism ***' word. Black people can use it to call it other, white man says it and he's automatically racist.

Its just stupid.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Jun 2011, 14:06

Maldonado wrote:"My phone rang and it was Lewis [Hamilton] himself. We talked for a few minutes fluently, he said that the intent of his call was to apologise for his behavior both on the track and in the statements [afterwards]
Nice gesture from Hamilton ;)

Powerslave
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Powerslave » 05 Jun 2011, 14:24

^I wonder if Felipe got a similar call from L.H.?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Jun 2011, 14:25

"Hey Felipe baby, its Lewis"