Korean Grand Prix 2010

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 South Korean GP?

Mark Webber
17%
Fernando Alonso
44%
Sebastian Vettel
8%
Lewis Hamilton
19%
Jenson Button
4%
Felipe Massa
2%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
2%
Michael Schumacher
2%
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes: 48

dacer
Donator
Donator

Re: Korean Grand Prix 2010

Post by dacer » 26 Oct 2010, 17:05

MP4/4#12 wrote: At this point of the season, and let`s forget the rest of it, just look at the table, Vettel had a blowned engine, otherwise he would be right there at the top. Why is he still considered immature ? His performance in such a dificult race was spot on until his retirement. He made some mistakes along the season, he`s human, besides in a 5 drivers battle each one will steal points from the others, also Red Bull is the best car but they didnt dominate in every race.
There are a driver with more used engine that Alonso? (anyone have used engine table?). Alonso had a lot of problem with his engine the first half of seasson, and now he had all his engine used for a long time ago.

Vettel, 9 Poles, 3 races win, 4 races=0points, 8 Podiums
Webber, 5 Poles, 4 win, 2 races=0points, 9 Podiums
Alonso, 2 Pole, 5 win, 3 races=0points, 9 Podiums
Hamilton, 1 Pole, 3 win, 4 races=0points, 8 Podiums
Button, 0 Pole, 2 win, 3 races=0points, 6 Podiums
(another podiums, 5 Massa, 3 Kubica, 3 Rosberg)

Vettel with 9 Poles, has 3 races win, 4 races with 0 points, and 8 podiums, like Hamilton, who only has one pole. An even Hamilton has more points. Webber and Alonso have more race win, more podiun, and fewer 0points, and both together have fewer poles. Are you sure Vettel is a good driver?.

RBR, only didn't get Pole in 3 races, so RBR is faster car on 14 races (only two races without RBR on top 3 grid position). Are you sure RBR is not the best car?.

Sl2

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 26 Oct 2010, 17:09

phil1993 wrote:What do you guys think about the question of Webber possibly trying to take out a title rival when he crashed? At the time I thought it was nonsense but watching it again, his hand movements on the steering wheel are pretty odd...
In Korea?, sure not!!!.

phil1993 wrote:About 1:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GJJIFpuTCA

Just seems weird.
He turn left, but wheels turn right.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 26 Oct 2010, 17:18

dacer wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote: At this point of the season, and let`s forget the rest of it, just look at the table, Vettel had a blowned engine, otherwise he would be right there at the top. Why is he still considered immature ? His performance in such a dificult race was spot on until his retirement. He made some mistakes along the season, he`s human, besides in a 5 drivers battle each one will steal points from the others, also Red Bull is the best car but they didnt dominate in every race.
There are a driver with more used engine that Alonso? (anyone have used engine table?). Alonso had a lot of problem with his engine the first half of seasson, and now he had all his engine used for a long time ago.

Vettel, 9 Poles, 3 races win, 4 races=0points, 8 Podiums
Webber, 5 Poles, 4 win, 2 races=0points, 9 Podiums
Alonso, 2 Pole, 5 win, 3 races=0points, 9 Podiums
Hamilton, 1 Pole, 3 win, 4 races=0points, 8 Podiums
Button, 0 Pole, 2 win, 3 races=0points, 6 Podiums
(another podiums, 5 Massa, 3 Kubica, 3 Rosberg)

Vettel with 9 Poles, has 3 races win, 4 races with 0 points, and 8 podiums, like Hamilton, who only has one pole. An even Hamilton has more points. Webber and Alonso have more race win, more podiun, and fewer 0points, and both together have fewer poles. Are you sure Vettel is a good driver?.

RBR, only didn't get Pole in 3 races, so RBR is faster car on 14 races (only two races without RBR on top 3 grid position). Are you sure RBR is not the best car?.

Sl2
yes Red Bull did get the pole in 14 of 17 races and they only transfered it into 6 victorys, but 3 of the 8 times Red Bull didn't win after a pole was because of the reliability on Vettel's car (Bahrain, Melbourne, Korea), 1 time they crashed (Istanbul) and 4 times they just not had the best pace on race day (Hockenheim, China, Montreal, Belgium). Remember that the Red Bulls are stronger in the Qualifying than in the race! :O
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2010, 17:30

RBR >> F10>MP4/25

Imo.

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 26 Oct 2010, 17:34

phil1993 wrote:What do you guys think about the question of Webber possibly trying to take out a title rival when he crashed? At the time I thought it was nonsense but watching it again, his hand movements on the steering wheel are pretty odd...
Indeed it seems weird because he cross the track after crash. But I don't think so he wanted to take out a title rival ( certainly not Hamilton at least as he could take some points to Alonso and Vettel imo ). Before hitting the wall, Webber put his hands off the steering wheel to avoid any kind of injuries on his wrist ( even if the crash his not a speed crash, the sudden change of direction of the steering wheel is still huge ). When he puts his hands on the steering wheel again, the car is already crossing the track. So, if he braked, he would have stopped on the racing line. But the thing that is weird is that he could have steered on the left to try putting the car at least on the other side of the track, because Rosberg was already on the grass ( mud ? :lol: ) during the impact...

EDIT: after seeing the crash again, I find the crash more and more weird and begin to believe that indeed he wanted to take out a title contender lol

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2010, 18:17

dacer wrote: He turn left, but wheels turn right.
No, he turns the wheel right. Seems so weird. Would need telemetry to see what happened but damage probably made a big difference

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 26 Oct 2010, 19:05

phil1993 wrote:
No, he turns the wheel right. Seems so weird. Would need telemetry to see what happened but damage probably made a big difference
Looking back at this it looks like he is trying to spin it back on track and recover and carry on. Its silly anyone knows you have to wait for a gap before joining. I think panic set in. It reminds me of a desprate Paul Tracy from the USA.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 27 Oct 2010, 01:49

it is hard to say whether there was any manipulation thoughts from Webber, but it is possible that he was just looking to the right the car in proper direction as quickly as possible, hence he turned to right, because on collision, the car was already moving to the right, so turning leftwould have been no use at that point IMO

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 27 Oct 2010, 07:46

phil1993 wrote:
Look

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 27 Oct 2010, 08:41

dacer wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Look
He doesn't turn left. The steering wheel is upside down in that image. The impact turns it right and then Mark blocks the wheel as you can see he puts his left hand on the steering wheel.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 27 Oct 2010, 08:55

That's ludicrous. After a spin, the last thing you want is to be collected by another car at racing speed, even in a relatively slow section. Plus it all happens so fast, you don't have time to premeditate stuff like that.

Are you maybe suggesting that such tactics naturally occur to you when playing F1 2010? :p

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 27 Oct 2010, 10:46

Vorull wrote:
dacer wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Look
He doesn't turn left. The steering wheel is upside down in that image. The impact turns it right and then Mark blocks the wheel as you can see he puts his left hand on the steering wheel.
If Hamilton or Schumacher had done that everybody would be screeming for a 10 place grid penalty!

Those Red Bitches get away with everything. Man I can't tell you how happy I was when Vettel retired and I saw those disappointed faces :lol:
I really really hate that guy. The most overrated driver in F1 history, without such a supreme car he would be nowhere!

Kimi won 8 races in 2005, when McLaren had a supreme car. Without the massive reliability problems he would have won 12 or 13 races.
Schumacher won 13 races in 2004, the last time Ferrari had a dominant car.
This year Red Dumb have a supreme car and Sevastian 'overrated' Vettel has won 4 races and Mark 'average' Webber 3. That's class for ya! :p

nano1alonso
kart driver
kart driver

Post by nano1alonso » 27 Oct 2010, 11:08

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2459 ... -hamilton/

I think he did try to take a title rival out he needs to be punished if this is true

escalador
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by escalador » 27 Oct 2010, 11:38

blizzard wrote: If Hamilton or Schumacher had done that everybody would be screeming for a 10 place grid penalty!

Those Red Bitches get away with everything. Man I can't tell you how happy I was when Vettel retired and I saw those disappointed faces :lol:
I really really hate that guy. The most overrated driver in F1 history, without such a supreme car he would be nowhere!

Kimi won 8 races in 2005, when McLaren had a supreme car. Without the massive reliability problems he would have won 12 or 13 races.
Schumacher won 13 races in 2004, the last time Ferrari had a dominant car.
This year Red Dumb have a supreme car and Sevastian 'overrated' Vettel has won 4 races and Mark 'average' Webber 3. That's class for ya! :p
+1
But do not compare Vettel with Raikkonen / M.Schumacher, for me it's ridiculous. These are two different worlds, different class.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 27 Oct 2010, 13:58

blizzard wrote: Those Red Bitches get away with everything. Man I can't tell you how happy I was when Vettel retired and I saw those disappointed faces :lol:
Certainly Vettel is not overrated in this forum, as 95% here think he is just average. I don't think so, because he outperforms his teammate in nearly every race. Webber was known as one of the best Qualifyiers in the field before Vettel changed to Red Bull and now he gets beaten very often by Vettel.
And I also don't think that Vettel would be nowhere without a supreme car. Just look at 2008 where he delivered very good results in the second half of the season in a torro rosso, which was only the 5th or 6th best car.

And why do you think Red Bull allways gets away with everything??? Just give me a few exampes, because I don't understand it.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0