2010 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 Singapore Grand Prix?

Mark Webber
19%
Lewis Hamilton
17%
Fernando Alonso
34%
Jenson Button
3%
Sebastian Vettel
19%
Felipe Massa
2%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Robert Kubica
3%
Michael Schumacher
2%
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Kamui Kobayashi
2%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 59

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by megasyxx » 27 Sep 2010, 19:55

lewis blew it once again! such crucial dnf's at this part of the championship......

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 27 Sep 2010, 21:00

megasyxx wrote:lewis blew it once again! such crucial dnf's at this part of the championship......
Of course, Lewis' mistake in Monza AND Lewis' mistake in Singapore. Same situation and Hamilton in both roles, and both his mistake? How's that possible???
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 27 Sep 2010, 21:24

JoostLamers wrote:
megasyxx wrote:lewis blew it once again! such crucial dnf's at this part of the championship......
Of course, Lewis' mistake in Monza AND Lewis' mistake in Singapore. Same situation and Hamilton in both roles, and both his mistake? How's that possible???
I'm a fan of Hamilton but Megasyxx is right!

In Monza, Hamilton was behind Massa and "try" to pass him at the second chicane ( I believe he just lose it at the braking and can't avoid Massa ). Here we all easily can say it was Hamilton's fault.

In Singapore, yes Webber was this time in the "Hamilton role". BUT it's Hamilton who made the move so it was up to Hamilton to judge if the move was successful or not. At the beginning of the corner, Webber had the inside line and Hamilton was not a full car length ahead. It was a risky move by Hamilton. Okay, against somebody else but Alonso, this pass would be successful, but he knows that Webber would not give up that easily ( they are battling for the championship right? Not like Sutil or Kubica :O ).

But as TwistedArmco said, it's the Virgin of Glock that set it all up. Hamilton would normally not take Webber's slipstream that easily.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 27 Sep 2010, 21:52

I would honestly say it's just bad luck. Both drivers were perfectly entitled to be where they were, Hamilton attempting a brave pass on the outside and Webber resisting to the very end and taking the corner as best as he could from where he was. A bit more room, perhaps as little as a few centimeters, might've done the trick, as Lewis would most likely have kept the position even if he had run a bit wide.

Kubica's move on Sutil was very similar and could've ended up the same way, as Robert essentially just cut across from where he was, assuming Sutil would have backed off. But in hindsight, it was a rather logical outcome: having started so far back and driving an FI, Sutil couldn't afford to risk losing a certain points finish, 7th or 8th making little difference; a lot more was at stake in Webber and Hamilton's cases, and it was to be expected that neither would back off.

To sum it up I feel sorry for Hamilton, who deserved much better than a second DNF in succession, but I cannot blame Webber either. It's just one of those incidents. There's a lot more to happen, though, and I wouldn't rule out Lewis for the title just yet.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 Sep 2010, 02:47

Yes, it is too early to rule out anyone from the title, as they are still one win apart from each other

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 28 Sep 2010, 09:02

Im by far the last person to support lewis as phil and joost would know. But for gods sake lay off lewis.

He made a stupid cock up in singapore, he should have accounted for a little extra room just as a safety net incase webber did what he did. He was entitled to and lews was never truly more than a full car length infront. I say that because lewis was on the wider line, but then the apex narrows and both would come together. Kubica/sutil pulled it off pretty well.

But theres no point comparing them two different overtakes. The crux is, lewis is under massive pressure after monza. A DNF was the last thing he needed. if he bided his time in monza and tried to pick massa off for 3rd, lewis would be leading the WDC. Infact, if he still had the retirement and didnt go for the overtake instantly on webber, hed be leading the WDC still.

See lewis to me, hasnt developed the thinking race brain yet. He HAD to overtake webber NOW. If he waited a lap or so, bided his time and assessed webbers tyre situation, he could have passed him the next lap or a lap after that.

Its what buggered him up in monza. The do or die mentality, he HAD to make the move there and then. He isnt coping with having an inferiror machine compared to the bulls and is trying way to hard to over compensate for it. Its the exact thing alonso has done this season before just getting his head down and thinking more. He had the pressure of italy and spains expectations. Now hes got his head down hes driving like alonso of old.

Hamilton needs to develop that, some say it comes with experience, but come on, this is his 4th season in f1's top team and he still hasnt learned how to read situations from the cockpit and the racing brain jenson does have. He doesnt have the speed, but he's up there with his brain and consistency. Lewis just needs to develop the brain and to just bide some time. The max he would get in both monza and singapore is 3rd. If he bided time he would have had 30 odd points more than he has, and would be leading the championship.

I for one, hope alonso wins the title, but I want lewis to do well next race and he needs to develop. Personally hes too reliant on mclaren that he cant think for himself IE australia.

Ofcourse, I may get slated for what im saying by some, but i wish lewis would just get rid of that stupid mentality and start thinking more inside the cockpit, and being more assertive IE Alonso in Q2. Lewis wouldnt do that hed trust the team too much. Blind trust leads to China 2007.....

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 28 Sep 2010, 11:29

Mitsuro Sano wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:
You are right, it's hamilton mistake.

Do you remember Alonso words?. "Have to finish all race on podium"

Hamilton is thinking about win races, others about win championship.

sl2

KevC

Post by KevC » 28 Sep 2010, 11:31

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 28 Sep 2010, 13:14

dacer wrote:
Mitsuro Sano wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:
You are right, it's hamilton mistake.

Do you remember Alonso words?. "Have to finish all race on podium"

Hamilton is thinking about win races, others about win championship.

sl2
I am not a Hamilton Fan but I think this was probably the only chance in the race to overtake Webber. Why should he wait? I mean there's no better chance to overtake than after the restart. And Mark Webber as Championship leader didn't need to defend that hard, he was very lucky not knocking off his front wing.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2010, 14:29

:roll:: whatever.... whether it's lewis' fault or not, lucky or unlucky, the last 2 dnf's are really crucial ones. but there are 4 races left and tons of points remain, i hope lady luck would this time favor any or both of the mclaren drivers. :)

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 28 Sep 2010, 16:22

megasyxx wrote::roll:: whatever.... whether it's lewis' fault or not, lucky or unlucky, the last 2 dnf's are really crucial ones. but there are 4 races left and tons of points remain, i hope lady luck would this time favor any or both of the mclaren drivers. :)
or perhaps none :p. Webber for victory :D

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Sep 2010, 16:42

sdutt wrote:or perhaps none :p. Webber for victory :D
no problem for me, as long as it's not alonso :p :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2010, 15:15

KevC

Post by KevC » 30 Sep 2010, 08:38

phil1993 wrote:Image
We can never see those pics cos it's in a passworded section of your account :)

bar555
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by bar555 » 01 Oct 2010, 19:26