Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix 2010

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 17 Apr 2010, 16:51

Felipe Massa
6%
Fernando Alonso
10%
Sebastian Vettel
45%
Jenson Button
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Lewis Hamilton
19%
Robert Kubica
8%
Mark Webber
3%
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Michael Schumacher
3%
Vitantonio Liuzzi
2%
Rubens Barrichello
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 62

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix 2010

Post by JoostLamers » 19 Apr 2010, 21:20

Dudes, what a freaking brilliant race, and Hamilton is in the form of his life! Incredible!
Off-Topic: show
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! :1st:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 20 Apr 2010, 07:50

JoostLamers wrote:Dudes, what a freaking brilliant race, and Hamilton is in the form of his life! Incredible!

well in thats in wet, we need to see whappens on dry track
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

Icecream_woman
car driver
car driver

Post by Icecream_woman » 20 Apr 2010, 07:56

iceman1 wrote:Sutil giving advices to schumacher on how to drive an F1 car

Sutil: "It may sound funny, but Michael has to learn how to drive an F1 car again. Above all, the tyres are extremely sensitive. This is totally underestimated. In order to use them fully, he just needs more experience."
i think that schumi even in his wildest dreams tought that this is never gona happen :p
Kimi Raikkonen: ''ICEMAN DOESN'T MELT!!!''

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Apr 2010, 12:28

lealjaime wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:Dudes, what a freaking brilliant race, and Hamilton is in the form of his life! Incredible!

yeah, we have yet to see a great dry race performance from mclaren......maybe barcelona? :n

mclaren's top speed advantage wasn't apparent on the chinese round.....maybe they used more wing/downforce as they have a straight line speed weapon anyway. :)

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 20 Apr 2010, 15:02

megasyxx wrote: mclaren's top speed advantage wasn't apparent on the chinese round.....maybe they used more wing/downforce as they have a straight line speed weapon anyway. :)
:thumbsup:
thats the best way to go about it IMO

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Apr 2010, 15:10

maybe they should stall the front wing as well, and also the diffuser-if applicable :D :lol:

dragoneak
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dragoneak » 20 Apr 2010, 15:25

From motorsport.com

Code: Select all

Martin Brundle has revealed that he would push for harsher decisions and penalties if he was a Formula One steward.

So far in 2010, to give additional credibility to the officials' adjudications, experienced former drivers including Alain Prost, Johnny Herbert and Alex Wurz have acted as stewards at grands prix.

But although Brundle argues that the "brutal and sometimes unfathomable penalties" of the recent past have now been eradicated, he thinks the stewards are now being too lenient.

The former McLaren driver, a full-time commentator for British television since retiring in 1996, wrote in his BBC column that Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton should have been penalised for their pitlane stoush in China.

"They both received a reprimand, but what does that mean? How long does a reprimand last and how many are you allowed to collect before a real penalty?" said Brundle.

"They are lucky I wasn't the resident driver steward for the weekend because I would have strongly recommended dropping them both some penalty places on the grid for the next race in Barcelona.

"The decision taken has set a very dangerous precedent," he charged.

Brundle also said race winner Jenson Button deserved a penalty for unduly slowing behind the safety car prior to a race restart.

"I wouldn't have been a popular steward with my former McLaren team but that job is not a popularity contest. Ask any referee," said the Briton. 
I still learn English. Please forgive me all mistakes. If I make any mistake just please tell me.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Apr 2010, 15:41

5LiveF1

Ok our car contains the following Bradley driving, Crofty navigating, Holly doing telemetry while Ant and Producer Jas are eating Haribos

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Apr 2010, 16:54

lealjaime wrote:

3-4 teams are only genuinely competing for wins when it's wet.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Apr 2010, 17:22

iceman1 wrote:
lealjaime wrote:

3-4 teams are only genuinely competing for wins when it's wet.
actually, it's only 2 drivers imo :n :p :thumbsup:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Apr 2010, 18:21

Total amount of laps completed by each team this year

438 laps - McLaren (only team to complete every lap)
436 laps - Ferrari
405 laps - Red Bull
391 laps - Mercedes
377 laps - Williams
329 laps - Renault
322 laps - Lotus
321 laps - Toro Rosso
290 laps - Force India
286 laps - HRT
149 laps - Virgin Racing
113 laps - Sauber

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 20 Apr 2010, 18:39

dragoneak wrote:From motorsport.com

Code: Select all

Martin Brundle has revealed that he would push for harsher decisions and penalties if he was a Formula One steward.

So far in 2010, to give additional credibility to the officials' adjudications, experienced former drivers including Alain Prost, Johnny Herbert and Alex Wurz have acted as stewards at grands prix.

But although Brundle argues that the "brutal and sometimes unfathomable penalties" of the recent past have now been eradicated, he thinks the stewards are now being too lenient.

The former McLaren driver, a full-time commentator for British television since retiring in 1996, wrote in his BBC column that Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton should have been penalised for their pitlane stoush in China.

"They both received a reprimand, but what does that mean? How long does a reprimand last and how many are you allowed to collect before a real penalty?" said Brundle.

"They are lucky I wasn't the resident driver steward for the weekend because I would have strongly recommended dropping them both some penalty places on the grid for the next race in Barcelona.

"The decision taken has set a very dangerous precedent," he charged.

Brundle also said race winner Jenson Button deserved a penalty for unduly slowing behind the safety car prior to a race restart.

"I wouldn't have been a popular steward with my former McLaren team but that job is not a popularity contest. Ask any referee," said the Briton. 

Vettel deserved a penalty. He was preremained for passing Trulli under yellows in Sepang and clearly pushed Lewis towards the pits in China. Stupid driving by the young lad.
Jenson was almost braking to a standstill before the restart. c**p driving. We had it before in Fuji in 2007, but I think this one was even worse. People didn´t know where to go in the pack and Lewis and one or two others actually had to move off track to avoid a massive pileup.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Apr 2010, 18:42

blizzard wrote:Jenson was almost braking to a standstill before the restart. c**p driving. We had it before in Fuji in 2007, but I think this one was even worse. People didn´t know where to go in the pack and Lewis and one or two others actually had to move off track to avoid a massive pileup.
i think jenson forgot to move his knee......then stepped on the brake when he should have stepped on the gas :n :lol:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 20 Apr 2010, 19:49

OMG! I just read an article stating Hamilton already overtook 32 cars this season, he only overtook 2 or so in Bahrein, which means he has done about 30 in 3 races. Sick!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 20 Apr 2010, 19:53

JoostLamers wrote:OMG! I just read an article stating Hamilton already overtook 32 cars this season, he only overtook 2 or so in Bahrein, which means he has done about 30 in 3 races. Sick!
WOW!