Rate the 2010 Malaysian GP

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Rate the 2010 Malaysian GP

10/10 Absolutely perfect!
No votes
9/10: Superb race!
2%
8/10 A great race!
17%
7/10: Fun to watch
35%
6/10 Quite good
28%
5/10: Average
12%
4/10 Sub-par
No votes
3/10: Barely worth watching
3%
2/10: Boring
2%
1/10: Atrocious!
2%

Total votes: 60

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rate the 2010 Malaysian GP

Post by TwistedArmco » 05 Apr 2010, 16:26

1 - Best Driver
I'm gonna be a bit left of field and say Jaime Alguersuari. This was his breakthrough race, because he beat Buemi, overtook superbly and got points. Hamilton again, was overhyped by himself and everyone else, doing well, but not MOTR well. Alonso did superbly for the fact he had no clutch, but I think Jaime deserves it. Kubica and Rosberg made themselves useful, as did Sutil. Look where Kubica is in championship terms!
2 - Best Team
Red Bull, without question.
3 - Best Overtake
I think it might possibly be Jaime Alguersuari on Vitaly Petrov (??) who's not half fast himself.
4 - Best Moment
Hamilton trying to pull of his laddish, PR-able grin after Quali and failing miserably, and then unashamedly pulling it out after the race. All the good overtakes. There were a few. Vettel's whooping. Actually, no, I hate it when they do that. Webber's humiility in the press conference. Any moment with jaime Alguersuari on screen.
5 - Worst Driver
Hard one this. Once again, I vote no-one.
6 - Worst Team
Poor HRT are just slow.
7 - Best Rookie
It probably has to be Hulkenburg. He did quite well.
8 - Biggest Surprise
Kubica's championship dark-horse status. No rain.

9 - General Comment
I wish it had rained. It wasn't that good for a race where the front-runners started at the back. There were some decent overtakes, but no overall lead drama apart from right at the start. Was better than Bahrain though. 6/10

EDIT: Yeah, the weaving from Hamilton just shows what an A-class tosser he really is. Also, imagine if Vitaly Petrov hadn't seen him and had turned in when Hamilton dived in on him in turn 1. It would have been an accident that Hamilton would have moaned about for an age. The longer and more frequently he leans on people, the more and more frequently he's going to get a big injection of karma for it. Any move where you require the other guy to avoid a collision when you're not alongside them on the road is risky, and a bit pushy.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 06 Apr 2010, 11:09

I liked the race. It was not that eventful as melbourne but it was good fun. Seeing the Ferrari's and McLarens coming through the field. But yet again, this was due to the weather on Saturday. If it stayed dry all weekend, it might be a quite boring race. Maybe this full tank start is not such a good idea... But driver of the day, absolutley Vettel.

gregg1966
kart driver
kart driver

Post by gregg1966 » 06 Apr 2010, 19:17

1 - Best Driver - Vettel- great start,no mistake ,car was finally OK// Hamilton-good progres in race with some nice overtaking,//Alonso-good standard again in spite of technical problems,Kubica-good full race speed
2 - Best Team - Red Bull
3 - Best Overtake - Hamilton and Petrov manoeuvres
4 - Best Moment - Hamilton unable pass Sutil,
5 - Worst Driver - Barrichello/ this weekend showed substantial difference between Schumi and Nico,Massa could be better
6 - Worst Team - Sauber
7 - Best Rookie - Alguersuari. /good all weekend for Hulkenberg,on wet he did fine
8 - Biggest Surprise - I was expecting rain
9 - General Comment - I thought it was a good race. // Bahrain-5poins//Albert Park-9points//Sepang- 7 points

Icecream_woman
car driver
car driver

Post by Icecream_woman » 09 Apr 2010, 12:35

1 - Best Driver:Sebastian Vettel(finnaly had a good car),and even if he had failure in 2 races,one he finnished 4th second didn't managed,he has same number of points like alonso and just 2 less than massa,really amazing talent),also Lewis did great job!
2 - Best Team:Red-Bull
3 - Best Overtake:Hamilton vs Petrov,remember when lewis was going from left to rigt and petrov followed him
4 - Best Moment:Alonso's failure
5 - Worst Driver:Alonso
6 - Worst Team:Ferrari
7 - Best Rookie:Petrov
8 - Biggest Surprise:Actually biggest supprise from whole weekend is seeing both mc-laren's and ferrari's in the bottom and in race:no rain!also massa in 1st position in general,didn't see that coming,but i think he won't be there for to long,after next race he will probably lose his 1st place?!

9 - General Comment-good race,interesting race.
Last edited by Icecream_woman on 10 Apr 2010, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Kimi Raikkonen: ''ICEMAN DOESN'T MELT!!!''

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 09 Apr 2010, 13:39

Icecream_woman wrote:1 - Best Driver:Sebastian Vettel(finnaly had a good car),and even if he had failure in 2 races,one he finnished 4th second didn't managed,he has same number of points like alonso and just 2 less than massa,really amazing talent),also Lewis did great job!
3 - Best Overtake:Hamilton vs Petrov,remember when lewis was going from left to rigt and petrov followed him
8 - Biggest Surprise:Actually biggest supprise from whole weekend is seeing both mc-laren's and ferrari's in the bottom and in race:no rain and Algersuari did great job with Schumi,i was really suprised when schumi couldn't pass him,i hope schumi will do better in next races!also massa in 1st position in general,didn't see that coming,but i think he won't be there for to long,after next race he will probably lose his 1st place?!

I do not remember Michael getting stuck behind Jamie this race. It happened in Australia but he overtook Jamie towards the end of the race :)

Icecream_woman
car driver
car driver

Post by Icecream_woman » 10 Apr 2010, 15:17

sdutt wrote:
Icecream_woman wrote:1 - Best Driver:Sebastian Vettel(finnaly had a good car),and even if he had failure in 2 races,one he finnished 4th second didn't managed,he has same number of points like alonso and just 2 less than massa,really amazing talent),also Lewis did great job!
8 - Biggest Surprise:Actually biggest supprise from whole weekend is seeing both mc-laren's and ferrari's in the bottom and in race:no rain and Algersuari did great job with Schumi,i was really suprised when schumi couldn't pass him,i hope schumi will do better in next races!also massa in 1st position in general,didn't see that coming,but i think he won't be there for to long,after next race he will probably lose his 1st place?!

I do not remember Michael getting stuck behind Jamie this race. It happened in Australia but he overtook Jamie towards the end of the race :)
omg i mixed 2 race :lol: i am such an idiot :)
Kimi Raikkonen: ''ICEMAN DOESN'T MELT!!!''