Radio Scanner frequencies at the track

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
davidc
car driver
car driver

Radio Scanner frequencies at the track

Post by davidc » 23 Oct 2014, 15:09

So, I'm gong to the Austin race, and I plan on buying a scanner to use to listen to the BBC or SkyTV feeds so I know what's going on!

Does anybody know however what freq range the F1 teams and broadcasters use? Is it the usual motorsports 400+Mhz analog range, or do the use the 800+Mhz analog or digital range?

Thanks very much everyone.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Radio Scanner frequencies at the track

Post by iceman1 » 23 Oct 2014, 19:39

davidc wrote:So, I'm gong to the Austin race, and I plan on buying a scanner to use to listen to the BBC or SkyTV feeds so I know what's going on!

Does anybody know however what freq range the F1 teams and broadcasters use? Is it the usual motorsports 400+Mhz analog range, or do the use the 800+Mhz analog or digital range?

Thanks very much everyone.
Why don't you simply use the F1 app which has the audio commentary from BBC5 live radio?

Have fun!

davidc
car driver
car driver

Post by davidc » 24 Oct 2014, 02:40

The Austin track was built in the middle of nowhere 3 yrs ago. They had no cell service in the area until the built it. The first year, you could only get a cell signal in limited areas around the track. But no way could you even get a text out. The second year, they increased coverage so you had a strong signal everywhere, but the network was still so overloaded you couldn't even get a text out, let alone a call or data. This year, T-Moblile says I shouldn't have any problems with data coverage, but I don't trust them. So I want to get a scanner just in case.

How good are the BBC5 radio commentators compared with BBC or SkyTV?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Oct 2014, 07:13

davidc wrote:How good are the BBC5 radio commentators compared with BBC or SkyTV?
They're pretty good. James Allen and Allan Mcnish are doing a good job. And I guess the whole weekend will cost you $5 or less :thumbsup: