What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2014, 14:25

Melbourne
4%
Kuala Lumpur
4%
Shanghai
No votes
Monte Carlo
8%
Montreal
No votes
Silverstone
4%
Nurburg
4%
Spa-Francorchamps
42%
Monza
13%
Marina Bay
4%
Suzuka
13%
Interlagos
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 24

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 28 Jun 2013, 14:25

Mine is Monaco, with Silverstone in a close second.

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: What is your favourite current F1 circuit?

Post by majidasadi » 28 Jun 2013, 14:46

Silverstone!
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 28 Jun 2013, 14:52

difficult to say. Melbourne was my favourite circuit, but the races weren't that good from 2011 - 2013. I also like Monaco, Montreal and Spa. Of the newer tracks I prefer Shanghai and Austin.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 29 Jun 2013, 04:21

Spa

skywatcher
Donator
Donator

Post by skywatcher » 30 Jun 2013, 06:58

I was going with Spa, but really like Austin's new circut - looked great on Television, and raced well also.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 Jun 2013, 10:50

Between Imola and Singapore.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 30 Jun 2013, 12:34

mikhailv wrote:Between Imola and Singapore.
I did say "current". :p

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 01 Jul 2013, 16:55

Monza

TGO
car driver
car driver

Post by TGO » 01 Jul 2013, 17:58

Melbourne. Simply because - apart from a few Times - its the Start of the New Saison, and usually generates Good Races. Not always, but i think on every Circuit u had at least 1 or 2 boring Races.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Jul 2013, 18:45

Joey Zyla wrote:
but...but....this happened two weeks ago, right? RIGHT!?

Oh the past glory days of racing and non-dominance XD

Still say Singapore. Australia is ok, I love bahrain, China is ok, Malaysia is brilliant, hate monaco, silverstone and hungary. Canada is great, Germany is boring, Belgium and Monza is ok, Suzuka is great, Korea is average, Brazil is great. new Jersey is great too. Crapu Dhabi should buuuurn.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 01 Jul 2013, 20:08

mikhailv wrote:Still say Singapore. Australia is ok, I love bahrain, China is ok, Malaysia is brilliant, hate monaco, silverstone and hungary. Canada is great, Germany is boring, Belgium and Monza is ok, Suzuka is great, Korea is average, Brazil is great. new Jersey is great too. Crapu Dhabi should buuuurn.
Poor Hungaroring deserves some love. Though it's true the circuit desperately needs a little touch-up... Like new asphalt, a new layout, more and better grand stands, better parking.... but still. It's the Hungaroring. :blush:
And are you a seer? Either you meant Texas, or you know something that we don't. :p

On topic: probably Spa.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

TGO
car driver
car driver

Post by TGO » 01 Jul 2013, 20:30

Treacle wrote: Poor Hungaroring deserves some love. Though it's true the circuit desperately needs a little touch-up... Like new asphalt, a new layout, more and better grand stands, better parking.... but still. It's the Hungaroring. :blush:
And are you a seer? Either you meant Texas, or you know something that we don't. :p

On topic: probably Spa.
Hungaroring isnt that Bad tbh. Let it rain and the Races rock. And even on Dry Tracks there have been a few good Races.

@mikhailv : Why Imola? I can hardly remember any good Races there :blink: It was usually drive behind each other till someone overtook in the Pits

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 02 Jul 2013, 03:02

mikhailv wrote:
Joey Zyla wrote:
but...but....this happened two weeks ago, right? RIGHT!?

Oh the past glory days of racing and non-dominance XD

Still say Singapore. Australia is ok, I love bahrain, China is ok, Malaysia is brilliant, hate monaco, silverstone and hungary. Canada is great, Germany is boring, Belgium and Monza is ok, Suzuka is great, Korea is average, Brazil is great. new Jersey is great too. Crapu Dhabi should buuuurn.
But why? Those circuits are fantastic!

I love seeing the cars inches away from the barrier at Monaco, going through the fast, high G-force corners at Silverstone, and the tight, twisty layout of the Hungaroring.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 02 Jul 2013, 11:32

I don't have a favourite circuit. Although I do love the classics of Monza and Monaco, even if the races are rarely interesting. Spa and Silverstone I should still love, but they've been altered / neutered almost beyond recognition.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Jul 2013, 12:11

Monaco is so boring. F1 has outgrown the track. With the cars being longer its just made it abit worse. The only exciting monaco race was 2008 because it was wet. Its just so boring. The fact that you had Alonso saying he was going to try and move and happily go into the barrier with Vettel trying, and buton saying he wasn't going to bother making any moves and wait for Alonso/Vettel to crash or accept 3rd, is the exact racing we all despise; not bothering to overtake because you will crash.

Silverstone I hate the track. i've been there 4 times now, its a shitehole. I wont even watch touring cars there for £20 because i detest the track, detest the BRDC/old tossers club and the new layout and pit complex is rubbish, the track is so out of touch and backwards thanks to the arseholes blowing a load of money on a pitlane which hides cars and is designing for the high flyers, punishing the people who pay excess money to go and watch is sub standard seating, terrible access for wheelchairs and terrible facilities and parking and traffic and management. Its a sham.

Hungary is boring too. Enjoy playing it on the PS3;but i find the races boring.