***Official Monaco GP Thread***

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 27 May 2007, 16:09

the race was not bad, but kimi just got 8 :evil:. Ferrari is faster than all cars exept maybe mclaren, so why didn't he get 4rd max, michael schumacher sure would have done it.
GO KIMIIII....

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 27 May 2007, 16:34

it was a boring race...i kind of expected a mclaren 1-2 after quali but it was interesting at about lap 19 when fernando was in traffic and lewis was 'catching' him but then of course, fernando did a good consistent middle stint and won the race...

the mclarens lapped all cars up to 3rd, it was a dominant performace, mclaren are really back, we will win the championships! :S

however there was no overtaking at all...it was just very borring...
fisichella and kubica did a good job though
theo wrote:the race was not bad, but kimi just got 8 :evil:. Ferrari is faster than all cars exept maybe mclaren, so why didn't he get 4rd max, michael schumacher sure would have done it.
i think kimi did an alright job, last year the ferrari was a lot faster and the midfield was not as strong, but this year the ferrari is not as strong and the midfield is much faster so i don't think kimi's performance in the race was bad BUT in the quali he messed up :lol: :lol: :D
mm tofu

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 27 May 2007, 17:29

Race could of been better, nice to see Fisi up there in 4th. Kimi was lucky to get that one point. he was stuck behind button way to long to make any sort of run for the front.
ImageImage

Blackperseo
car driver
car driver

Post by Blackperseo » 27 May 2007, 18:44

Alonso rules! Superb. What an amazing driving. No mistakes & Speed. Smooth, quick and constant during all the race. Congratulation to Mr. Hamilton. Second after the Spaniard fighting until the end. Great!

artem57
kart driver
kart driver

Post by artem57 » 27 May 2007, 18:57

Amazing performance from McLaren! I'm completely satisfied! Eeeee-ha! :cheesy:

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 27 May 2007, 21:20

BANANAGP wrote: DF! your boy Fisico did good in P2! Maybe got a good set-up for the race! I would love to be proven wrong about him on the streets of Monaco!
Ate my words on Fisi... guy did good to bring the Renault to P4 and then run a faultless races...
Monaco is where great cars matter less than great drivers... Hat's off to Fisi & Scott Speed... Questionmarks for Kimi and Ralf...

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 28 May 2007, 05:11

Blackperseo wrote:Alonso rules! Superb. What an amazing driving. No mistakes & Speed. Smooth, quick and constant during all the race. Congratulation to Mr. Hamilton. Second after the Spaniard fighting until the end. Great!
:lol::lol::lol: Don't make me laugh the only time he worried Alonso was when Alonso was going through traffic...

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 28 May 2007, 09:47

im not a happy person at the moment.... albers having MORE proplems this week in the race.... not sure what happened but this is more bad luck to him! he was fighting with sutil for the start of the race, but then he had leaders behind him.... he said hes got something special that he can do in canada as hes always done well here, so i guess i cant wait till canada!

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 28 May 2007, 11:21

it was a very boring race...
no overtaking! no safety car and no real leader change!

mclaren destroyed the grid at monaco though, i think it ould have been a little closer if kimi had of been up there.

i dont expect mclaren's dominance to continue, the next two races are very different to monaco! will be interesting how they adapt.

Ferrari have a fair bit of work to do in order to get themselves to mclaren speed.

another disapointing webber retirement... will he finish any races this year?
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 28 May 2007, 13:19

McLaren under investigation by FIA
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39420

fia are investigating whether mclaren did team orders....
this is only happening because the stupid british press are accusing and sulking and whining because OUR golden boy lewis didn't win, britain's lewis didn't win, they just can't take it that fernando beat him
:roll:

this is a load of tripe :lol: :D mclaren are not guilty of anything...
mm tofu

may
car driver
car driver

Post by may » 28 May 2007, 13:49

i'm so screwed... i missed Monaco, which i think is the best... :( do you know where i could find the video on the internet?
(i hope i'm not posting at the wrong place, but unfortunately i can't understand everything in the english sections i'm french and by the way i apologize if my english is not the best :lol: )

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 28 May 2007, 14:28

may wrote:i'm so screwed... i missed Monaco, which i think is the best... :( do you know where i could find the video on the internet?
(i hope i'm not posting at the wrong place, but unfortunately i can't understand everything in the english sections i'm french and by the way i apologize if my english is not the best :lol: )
Salut!

There are lots of videos here...

http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?t=990

enjoy!

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 28 May 2007, 16:44

may wrote:i'm so screwed... i missed Monaco, which i think is the best... :( do you know where i could find the video on the internet?
You didn't really miss much. The race was boring in my opinion.

There are lots of videos of the Monaco GP weekend in the Motorsport Videos section (You need 5 posts to get access to it) Chubbs just posted the link to the Official Monaco Video GP Thread.

Don't worry about your English. I can read it fine. :)

gofernando
car driver
car driver

Post by gofernando » 28 May 2007, 17:47

That race was not the best Monaco we've seen, sure...
No one even tried to overtake!!!
Where is f1 going? Are drivers too bad for that? Are the cars not made for racing? I mean, just a couple of years ago, we had great racing, with plenty of moves after the tunnel, down to Ste-Devote or even at Loews...
What's going on?

may
car driver
car driver

Post by may » 28 May 2007, 19:13

Thank you very much for the help, i am going to see the much videos i can to catch up !
however, it is so bad that this one was boring, i like monaco a lot because i think it is interesting in a city, but it's true that overtaking is really difficult especially in this race... And yes, maybe the cars are not adapted for that as they're becoming more and more sophisticated, i can't really say...