***Official Spanish GP Thread***

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 15 May 2007, 16:29

well, if it was not a racing incident, one of them would have got a penalty.

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 16 May 2007, 13:20

hamilton has beaten alonso once again.... the worse part about it was hamilton beat him on his home race :D .... alonso better pick up his game if he wants to beat hamilton now! the others need to get massa too.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 17 May 2007, 22:00

jana7i wrote:lets get something strait here! people who like ferrari will say it was alonso's fault, people who like mclaren will say its massa fault. we dont have to agree o_O
Disagree... I think we're all very sensible, unbiased people who look at the hard facts.... yeah right. ;)

jana7i wrote:but here is what i think....
i think Alonso was to ambitious to take the racing line, and massa was too stubborn to give Alonso space.
Alonso turned into Massa, not the other way around! Two objects cannot occupy the same place at the same time. It was up to Alonso to complete the pass on Massa, he never did!

jana7i wrote:So they are both at fault. so it’s a racing incident.
Some say that after Malaysia, massa is now driving aggressively like schumi,, that might be true. We will know in the future races.
Alonso is at fault for turning into Massa. I hope massa drives more agressively, after all he's got a once in a lifetime opportunity and is certainly getting paid enough!

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 20 May 2007, 11:51

BANANAGP wrote:
jana7i wrote:lets get something strait here! people who like ferrari will say it was alonso's fault, people who like mclaren will say its massa fault. we dont have to agree o_O
Disagree... I think we're all very sensible, unbiased people who look at the hard facts.... yeah right. ;)

jana7i wrote:but here is what i think....
i think Alonso was to ambitious to take the racing line, and massa was too stubborn to give Alonso space.
Alonso turned into Massa, not the other way around! Two objects cannot occupy the same place at the same time. It was up to Alonso to complete the pass on Massa, he never did!

jana7i wrote:So they are both at fault. so it’s a racing incident.
Some say that after Malaysia, massa is now driving aggressively like schumi,, that might be true. We will know in the future races.
Alonso is at fault for turning into Massa. I hope massa drives more agressively, after all he's got a once in a lifetime opportunity and is certainly getting paid enough!
thats just what you think...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 20 May 2007, 19:34

jana7i wrote:
thats just what you think...
You are master of the obvious...

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 20 May 2007, 20:32

Well Fernando knows that the start is the ONLY opportunity he had to take the lead in the race (because there is nearly no overtaking here) so that's why he did make this very ambitious move, fernando got a good slipstream but felipe was in a better place on the track...felipe also knows that the start is the most impotant part and that he cannot lose any place to anyone so that's why he tried hard to defend it...

in the end, i don't think it's an issue and i think fernando was just a little bit ambitious when felipe had got the position after the first corner, so he went off track, if fernando had allowed felipe to go so that there would be more space for him on the track then he would be right behind felipe and maybe he could have tried to overtake felipe/force him into an error :lol: :lol: :evil:

i don't think anyone did anything wrong, it's just racing but fernando kind of spoiled his own race by not letting felipe go...it's sad that this happens but it's just racing, anyway it's good to see him taking risks, he just really wanted to have a strong win in front of his people :mrgreen:
mm tofu

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 21 May 2007, 00:12

Agreed Alex... I would further suggest that he sullied his reputation by crying about it during the press conference.

Monaco next... men will be seperated from boys!

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 21 May 2007, 04:43

BANANAGP wrote:Agreed Alex... I would further suggest that he sullied his reputation by crying about it during the press conference.

Yes, what he said in the press conference did hurt his reputation, people are saying that he is a complainer now (I think alonso is starting to crack, and its not cuz he cant win, its cuz Hamilton is beating him)

Imagine what will happen to Alonso if Hamilton wins Monaco!!!??

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 21 May 2007, 19:56

jana7i wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:Agreed Alex... I would further suggest that he sullied his reputation by crying about it during the press conference.

Yes, what he said in the press conference did hurt his reputation, people are saying that he is a complainer now (I think alonso is starting to crack, and its not cuz he cant win, its cuz Hamilton is beating him)

100% agree with you... this is the million dollar question! I (along with 650 Million of my closest friends) cannot wait for Monaco to find out exactly this... how will hamilton do against Alonso? Will Kimi rebound? His Massa's pole streak come to an end? Will Alonso crack!?

These any many other questions will be answered in the next Monaco Grand Prix!!! WooHoo!

!

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 21 May 2007, 20:12

BANANAGP wrote:
jana7i wrote:

100% agree with you... this is the million dollar question! I (along with 650 Million of my closest friends) cannot wait for Monaco to find out exactly this... how will hamilton do against Alonso? Will Kimi rebound? His Massa's pole streak come to an end? Will Alonso crack!?

These any many other questions will be answered in the next Monaco Grand Prix!!! WooHoo!

!
I think it will be very close between fernando and lewis at monaco and the qualifying will be tense!
it's impossible to predict who will come out on top but i hope fernando can do something about this...his past few races haven't been too great...but at the same time i want lewis to get his first win...but whatever happens, if mclaren get a 1-2 i'll be verrrryyy happy...2nd 1-2 of this season :P
mm tofu

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 22 May 2007, 04:31

alex wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
jana7i wrote:

!
I think it will be very close between fernando and lewis at monaco and the qualifying will be tense!
it's impossible to predict who will come out on top but i hope fernando can do something about this...his past few races haven't been too great...but at the same time i want lewis to get his first win...but whatever happens, if mclaren get a 1-2 i'll be verrrryyy happy...2nd 1-2 of this season :P
i hope to see alonso win, it would boost his moral a lot. but if hamilton wins, then, i have no comment for alonso!!!!!!!!!!!

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 22 May 2007, 17:11

I haven't been this excited about F1 in a while...

tipatiblo
car driver
car driver

Post by tipatiblo » 27 May 2007, 05:14

Is this Ferrari´s picture real or a fake? Let us know please!!

Pety_018
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Pety_018 » 10 Jun 2007, 21:48

Felipe's the best :cheesy:

Cheremisan
car driver
car driver

Post by Cheremisan » 10 Jun 2007, 22:05

Felipe had a good race and he dominate the weekend.