"Cool Fuel" Appeal

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: "Cool Fuel" Appeal

Post by Lilellatho » 17 Nov 2007, 10:44

MrReasonable wrote:
Lilellatho wrote:Wow, you McLaren fans sure are sore loosers. Why can't you just accept that Kimi won this championship fair and square??? After all, he did have 6 wins &doh

And have you even read the whole statement? The appeal was dismissed due to the fact that they HAD SUFFICIENT DOUBT AS TO BOTH THE TEMPERATURE OF THE FUEL ON BOARD THE CAR AND THE TRUE AMBIENT TEMPERATURE.
Besides, Mac didn't even have a case to begin with, as they protested against the wrong thing! &doh

And don't even get me started on all the things that McLaren was forgiven for this year :<>: Oh, and I'm not a Ferrari fan if that's what you're thinking, I was actually a fan of McLaren since I started watching the sport in 2002, but what they have been doing this year was just wrong.

So get over it, accept the sentence and continue enjoying the sport, cause that's why we are on this forum in the first place, right?

Bring on 2008 :T:@
Actually the text you quote is from the initial stewards desicion at Brazil, and not the FIA statement today.

Before I go any further, Kimi is the champion. Kimi is the legitimate, fair and square, no-foolin champion. (trying to head off any sour grapes accusations).

Im not upset about the result, but the way they arrived at it really irritates me.

The FIA did not reject the appeal, they refused to hear it. They ruled it was inadmissable as an appeal because Mclaren was not an interested party. Mclaren was looking for a clarification as to why the stewards could not rule on a possible infraction because of a lack of data. Its important to remember that this was started by an FIA technical delegate and not Mclaren itself.

Ian Mill's comments about disqualification were unfortunate in that they clouded the issue, which is an important one. The FIA is either unable or unwilling to accurately verify that rules are being followed. That is troubling, and today's desicion should be seen by all fans as bad news.
Ok, so I don't want to take this any further, cause these issues have been discussed and rediscussed all over F1 forums and I just don't want to turn this thread into another debate on that, but I just have to clarify some things.

Umm, actually, that quote does come from the FIA official statement ''hmm''
Here you go http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Re ... 07-01.html

I apologize if my comments on the McLaren fans were too general, but there was a way too long wait for the verdict and and I was a bit pissed to see that people still hadn't accepted the sentence $peace Hats off to you for acknowledging Kimi as the deserving champion for 2007, you gained my respect for this.

This cold fuel case was just wrongly dealt with by everyone, especially by the McLaren representatives, whose declarations clashed throughout the hearing, but as I've said before, the FIA are the only ones responsible for all of the incertainties in the sport, cause their rules are subject to interpretation and they are not crystal clear.
I mean, look at this case : how can you say that the temperature of the fuel inside those cars were illegal when you can't even determine the temperature accurately? &doh #Fear
The FIA just needs to wake up once and for all and realise that these scandals are only tainting the sport( memo to Mosley and Bernie :<>: ). But I'm deviating again... :angel:

Let's just all put a lid on 2007, realise that we've had a wonderful season ( at least on track :angel: ) and look ahead to 2008, which promises to be even better. I for one can't wait. !yahoo: !yahoo: !yahoo:
Last edited by Lilellatho on 18 Nov 2007, 13:59, edited 3 times in total.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 17 Nov 2007, 15:34

Actually FIA didn't even look at the fuel temperatures or anything at all. The appeal McLaren lodged was wrong. I believe they weren't allowed to appeal about the stewards' decision not to punish BMW and Williams, but they could have appealed about the race results. It was pretty complicated, but basically it lead to the rejection of the appeal, no matter if the fuel temperatures were wrong or not.

Interestingly BMW's Theissen seeks clarification to the rules as well:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64016

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Nov 2007, 15:59

McLaren press release: http://www.mclaren.co.uk/mediaroom/info ... r-2007.php

Williams and BMW Sauber argued McLaren's appeal was inadmissible because Hamilton's team had not been an interested party in the stewards' initial inquiry, and had not appealed against the race classification immediately after the event http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 099263.stm

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 17 Nov 2007, 18:11

Here's an interesting read about the FIA verdict:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19873.html

MrReasonable
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MrReasonable » 17 Nov 2007, 21:47

Lilellatho,

Thanks for providing some informed and respectful arguments on this issue. Theyve been a bit hard to come by (on other boards).

The link you gave isnt loading correctly for me, but I'll take your word for it. Mea culpa.

I think we're essentially saying the same thing though, that it was a cluster___ from top to bottom. That article you posted was spot on. The FIA is a mess.

And by all means, on to a hopefully lawyer-free 2008!

martinez
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by martinez » 21 Nov 2007, 14:55

cool fuel only strips off a couple of seconds hamilton was miles behind kubica, nick and nico so no punishment was about right
Martinez 10

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 21 Nov 2007, 18:46

martinez wrote:cool fuel only strips off a couple of seconds hamilton was miles behind kubica, nick and nico so no punishment was about right
True. Had Hamilton been fighting for position with Kubica, then maybe there would have been a chance of a win with the appeal, but only maybe...