Illegal move?

All the racing game fun from consoles and PCs.
octaaff1
car driver
car driver

Illegal move?

Post by octaaff1 » 29 Nov 2013, 23:49

I need your expertise on this move:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6Hi_RoFXQ

Is the first driver making an illegal move by not allowing the 2nd driver to pass to his right?
thank you!

SpliT
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Illegal move?

Post by SpliT » 30 Nov 2013, 03:47

octaaff1 wrote:Is the first driver making an illegal move by not allowing the 2nd driver to pass to his right?
No, it was totally legal ;)

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 30 Nov 2013, 12:08

there was nothing there, the lead driver held a single line. I don't think a move was on anyways.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 30 Nov 2013, 15:53

@octaaff1 - What makes you question the legality of this move? I'm assuming you're one of the two cars.

octaaff1
car driver
car driver

Post by octaaff1 » 30 Nov 2013, 23:04

kals wrote:@octaaff1 - What makes you question the legality of this move? I'm assuming you're one of the two cars.
Yes I'm the first driver. My friend tells me that only 1 defensive move is allowed. So if the front car defends to the left, he may not steer back again to the right. He feels because I was slightly moving to the left already and leaving the ideal line a bit, that was my move. The slight correction to the right I did just before the corner is therefore not allowed. I disagree and feel that I was not defending but simply making my car as broad as legally possible: leaving no space to the right for him, yet making sure he needed to go far left to overtake me.

We both have limited knowledge of the rules, thats why I was hoping to find experts on this forum :). Thanks for all your replies so far guys

SpliT
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SpliT » 30 Nov 2013, 23:21

Yes, one defensive move, but back to the ideal line is not counted into that. So, You can move to the left, and then goes back to the ideal line before the corner. But if somebody will already have front wing alongside You, You must leave some space for him(car width is minimum).

There was nothing illegal in Your move. No doubt.

octaaff1
car driver
car driver

Post by octaaff1 » 01 Dec 2013, 00:16

SpliT wrote:Yes, one defensive move, but back to the ideal line is not counted into that. So, You can move to the left, and then goes back to the ideal line before the corner. But if somebody will already have front wing alongside You, You must leave some space for him(car width is minimum).

There was nothing illegal in Your move. No doubt.
Thank you sir, you convinced him :)