Gran Turismo 6

All the racing game fun from consoles and PCs.
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Gran Turismo 6

Post by mikhailv » 02 Aug 2013, 08:26

The AI wasnt challenging, no touge tracks, track editor was rubbish, engine sounds were NOT real. The start up sounds on the menu was, the racing sounds were largely false.

race structure as in 12 races per difficulty. Do it like Juiced; a yearly calendar over and over with a variety of lesser known week events and high flying weekend events.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 02 Aug 2013, 08:35

From what I've heard track editor will be improved. And how in the name of God can you say the AI wasn't challenging, or are you one of those people who uses auto gears, ABS, skid control, and driving line?

You want twelve races per difficulty, there are nine. I don't think it makes that big of a difference. I think you're missing the whole point of the game.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Aug 2013, 11:49

No i thought there was 12. I know the point of the game, I played the first one probably when you was born. The race structure sucks. Ai is c**p and doesnt deviate from the racing line; because the physics set them like boats, the ram and spin you off while they dont get spun. They brake mid corner, slow laptimes and poor racing. Online is a challenge because its not dumb AI.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 02 Aug 2013, 15:14

I honestly don't bother with AI whatsoever when it comes to racing games. They are computer-controlled after all, and they'll never become as challenging as human opposition.

All I do when I boot up GT5 is take a car, go into time trial, and drive it around all the tracks, trying to get the best lap time in every circuit. Then I do the same for another car and so on. I enjoy the driving mechanics and reaching the circuit limits with each car. Meantime, I also get a comparison between the cars. A car that's faster in Monza than another means it probably has better acceleration and top speed. A car faster in Suzuka means it's better around corners. If I can't decide, the car that's faster around the Nordschleife is probably the better car :)

That's just me though :lol:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 02 Aug 2013, 19:01

I like doing that Tderias, but I delve into the car set up; hanging the amber, wing angles and downforce. I also like playing with the LSD and hanging the power distribution percentage on AWD cars like the EVO. That element is supreme in GT5.

The GT5 engine sounds are no way near real, theres so little bass and popping and grunt. Its so artificial, they all have that same artificial sound. The F1 cars sound horrendous;

This is how its done;

GT6 KTM vs real; It misses bass, grunt and proper engine sound

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 02 Aug 2013, 22:06

mikhailv wrote:No i thought there was 12. I know the point of the game, I played the first one probably when you was born. The race structure sucks. Ai is c**p and doesnt deviate from the racing line; because the physics set them like boats, the ram and spin you off while they dont get spun. They brake mid corner, slow laptimes and poor racing. Online is a challenge because its not dumb AI.
No, online is a challenge because everyone uses assists.

Not to say there aren't any online drivers who are good at racing without assists, but it's difficult to find rooms where everyone races with all assists off.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 03 Aug 2013, 07:36

Thats because without a steering wheel set up you cant drive with a controller. Thing is, as always the AI have assists when you dont.just like F1 2012; thats why its a challenge because its unbalanced

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 03 Aug 2013, 16:33

I use the controller and some assists on F1 2012. It would be almost impossible to do it without at least ABS and some traction control.

F1 2012 is very understeery. In F1 2002 you could change each wing's level of downforce separately, as well as suspension and ride height... in 2012 i always wish i had just a bit more front wing.

I should probably get a wheel controller or something, but for that price i could chip tune my car... so i guess i'd rather do that hehehe

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 03 Aug 2013, 21:57

Lol! Steering wheels suck i find; never feels real

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 03 Aug 2013, 23:34

I used to use a controller with ABS and TC disabled. You're using a standard PS3 controller?

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 04 Aug 2013, 02:34

Joey Zyla wrote:I used to use a controller with ABS and TC disabled. You're using a standard PS3 controller?
Yup; the standard one. I find TC is a must, ABS i can work it out a bit... but then, i dont play all that much.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Aug 2013, 09:26

I cant use a controller without TC. I cant feather the throttle, I cant feel it going, theres no feedback. Thats my problem. I took the RX8 for a flirt on track and the difference to a videogame is just phenomenal;

Gravity, braking, speed sensation, road feedback, adrenaline, how you sit, awareness, checking the dashboard, using the gear stick, trying to heel-toe.

Its all things that you never ever get on a videogame. Probably why I dont consider any games simulators.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 06 Aug 2013, 07:32

I drive also with normal PS3 controller and without TC or anything else off, only ABS to 1 or 2
Youre faster without TC... if someone doesnt know...

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 06 Aug 2013, 16:47

alex1369 wrote:I drive also with normal PS3 controller and without TC or anything else off, only ABS to 1 or 2
Of course you'll be faster without TC. My problem is mostly on pushy corner exits... touch the kerb, forget to EASE on the throttle and it's a spin. I get more nervous when i'm leading...

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 07 Aug 2013, 07:04

F1EA wrote:
alex1369 wrote:I drive also with normal PS3 controller and without TC or anything else off, only ABS to 1 or 2
Of course you'll be faster without TC. My problem is mostly on pushy corner exits... touch the kerb, forget to EASE on the throttle and it's a spin. I get more nervous when i'm leading...
I dont get nervous. I spin on the kerbs but I still come back on and win because the AI is pretty dumb.