Forum Reconstruction

Tell us your comments about F1zone.net and the suggestions to improve it.
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Forum Reconstruction

Post by Ali » 08 Aug 2009, 12:28

Hi fellas,

We've long been discussing among mods about reconstructing the forum in such a way that it would be more appealing for not only die-hard Formula 1 fans but also other motorsport followers who might be considering why the hell this forum is just all about F1? Yes, for those who think that way, we are now ready to listen your view on this and suggestions, if any.

Questions:
Do you feel that current F1 Discussion forum meet the expectations of the forum community, which is you effectively?
What other sections could be opened under General Motorsport forum as sub-forums?
How would you classify those new sub-forums? i.e, Single Seaters, Rallying, Two-Wheels, etc.
What would you suggest to moderate or administrate those sub-forums? Do you think sub-mods would be needed?
What could it be done for attracting new members?

Bonus question:
How do you rate current moderation and moderators, and do you feel any change is needed?

We'll be delighted to hear your opinions.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

phil1993

Re: Forum Reconstruction

Post by phil1993 » 08 Aug 2009, 13:52

I feel we need an extra moderator *whistles* :p

The current forum design is fine, the blue and white is really easy to see and very clear and welcoming

I think that discussions are fine and maybe, via twitter we should try and interview a few figures? ask a few drivers maybe? And whatever happened to the magazine? - I'd love to try and interview a few F1 drivers.

Sub forums to try and expand into other sports (and motor sports), yes I know we're F1Zone but we can expand (discussed with Ali before)

Perhaps

Single Seaters (F3, GP2, F3 Euro, WSR, Superleague)
Tin Tops (BTCC, WTCC, DTM (lol), V8s, NASCAR)
Rally (International, National, World Rally)
Bikes (MotoGP, WSB, BSB)

but to do this we need others interested in these sports, which currently are limited to just a few members, which doesnt make it a great talking point, compared to another forum where the BTCC Snetterton thread reached well over 1000 posts...

And also, we need a more difinitve section classification, sometimes I don't know whether to start topics in what section as I feel that Discussion should be NEW issues but something which isnt really historic might not be suited to either section. I can try and upload videos from other series but idk how to upload anywhere but mediafire

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 08 Aug 2009, 16:18

Is this going to be a motorsport forum or an F1 forum? There's a big difference between the two. Also there's only roughtly about a dozen regular posters, we need more than that to start doing other things.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 08 Aug 2009, 16:44

Yes, but first we need to expand - and by having us as a motorsport forum AS WELL may attract these new members

Another issue is attracting members onto the forum away from grand prix weekends, only a few of us (Icy, me, swca, joost, Ali, TA, and a few others) post through the off season and between races...

The forum is nearly 3 years old, I've been a member for nearly 2 and we've had a few new members that I remember who have made an outstanding contribution, but mainly its the same old crew (which isnt a problem) who contribute. Whilst this is no bad thing, we can keep going and have a good laugh and fun, but we can expand and I wanna try and get an interview with a big star and maybe we can promote the forum somehow... without being found by Bernie & Co

Also, I think we need a 'Motorsport Videos' section for WRC, GP2, MotoGP etc and 'F1 Videos' just for F1, whether it be full races, clips, highlights or Classic races

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 09 Aug 2009, 15:15

What about putting the latest motorsport news, such as winners or whatever, on the banner or homepage. Maybe that way people will start going here for updates and eventually sign up.

Beside that i don't really know any other suggestions. I found this site because of youtube videos. It would end with "more videos f1zone.net"; so i decided to check it out. I really like this board as it is so i can't see it getting any worse :) .

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Aug 2009, 15:26

Maybe we can Add a new Category (General Motorsport) and Open the Following Forums :

-Indycar
-Touring cars
-Nascar
-GT Racing and Le Mans
-Motorcycle Racing
-European Late Model Series & Pickup Trucks forum
-A1GP Series
-National Motorsport
-Rallying

After that we can upload some Videos with "F1zone.net" to get more members

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Aug 2009, 15:27

^ yup, good idea and can we talk about server stuff and how i can upload videos

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Aug 2009, 15:31

phil1993 wrote:^ yup, good idea and can we talk about server stuff and how i can upload videos
Ah, I've bought a new VPS to upload Videos for €19.99 /Month - Now we Have 2 servers so we can upload Videos as much as we want (we have enough space and a HUGE bandwidth) :D

I don't need Any donation - Just need members to give a "Thanks" to the uploaders

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Aug 2009, 15:41

iceman1 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:^ yup, good idea and can we talk about server stuff and how i can upload videos
Ah, I've bought a new VPS to upload Videos for €19.99 /Month - Now we Have 2 servers so we can upload Videos as much as we want (we have enough space and a HUGE bandwidth) :D

I don't need Any donation - Just need members to give a "Thanks" to the uploaders
:D :D gimme details for uploadage

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Aug 2009, 18:52

iceman1 wrote:Maybe we can Add a new Category (General Motorsport) and Open the Following Forums :

-Indycar
-Touring cars
-Nascar
-GT Racing and Le Mans
-Motorcycle Racing
-European Late Model Series & Pickup Trucks forum
-A1GP Series
-National Motorsport
-Rallying

After that we can upload some Videos with "F1zone.net" to get more members
I got an idea. rather than saying these ideas...

@ 0.20:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dwXvAvT20[/youtube]

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 09 Aug 2009, 19:01

:lol: :lol:

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 10 Aug 2009, 15:08

Ali wrote:Hi fellas
*cough* :zz:

:lol: Heikki cracks me up.
i dont really have any suggestions as of yet, but i'm currently brainstorming. :thumbsup:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Aug 2009, 15:09

Rachael-The-Great wrote: i dont really have any suggestions as of yet, but i'm currently brainstorming. :thumbsup:
''hmm'' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol, thinking.

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 10 Aug 2009, 15:12

:confused:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Aug 2009, 15:29

Never mind :lol: