Paul Di Resta
No votes

Total votes: 11

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2013 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Post by mikhailv » 03 Nov 2013, 16:12

Doesnt matter, No penalty. Stewards agreed he had no room.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 03 Nov 2013, 16:37

Haha, headline is fantastic!

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

SineQuaNon
car driver
car driver

Post by SineQuaNon » 03 Nov 2013, 17:03

Vettel won the start and was never seen again ... :zz:
His first round is astonishing again and again. He always takes an advantage of about 2s. Does it take the others one round to recognize that the race has already begun? :roll::

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 03 Nov 2013, 18:39

mikhailv wrote:Doesnt matter, No penalty. Stewards agreed he had no room.
Looking at the recordings, you are right. Though he should have given the position back, imo.

If I'm right, this was Red Bull's 100th podium.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 03 Nov 2013, 19:42

Credit to Vergne for saying Alonso did the right thing as it wouldve been a huge accident. Also Alonso has back pain but passed fit after 25g impact.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 04 Nov 2013, 09:16

Q: (Khodr Rawi - Autosport Middle East) My first question is for Sebastian: will you keep on doing your doughnuts celebration if you win the next two Grands Prix, even if you’ll get a penalty today?
SV: Well, it depends on what kind of penalty I get. If I get excluded from the next race then probably I won’t be able to do them. Again, it was spontaneous. Obviously I had the experience last week but entering the sort of stadium, I thought it was a very very good spot, I made sure there was nobody around and I was far away from the lines. I think if we are in a position to think about that then obviously it’s very special because it means we had a very very good result in the race. So I think there’s a lot of work before we get to decide whether we can do it again or not.

Q: (Khodr Rawi - Autosport Middle East) The second question is to Mark: you have won at least one race a year with Red Bull since 2009; would it make a difference if don’t win a race in your last season?
MW: Well, it would be nice. I’ve challenged for a few victories here and there this year but not strong enough when it counted, but in the end, Seb was too strong today for the win. I’ve got a couple more races to go, all I can do is do my best. It’s not going to be a huge huge difference but it would be nice to get it as any Grand Prix victory is always special to get them. Yeah, we’ll keep pushing mate and see how we go in the next two races.
Source: Formula1 official website. :)

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Nov 2013, 09:47

Partial eclipse during the race

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 04 Nov 2013, 10:08

I saw it yesterday and I was saying to my folks it's the eclipse, they told me it's probably the mountain. Later in the evening I saw that it was a hybrid eclipse, LOL. :)

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 04 Nov 2013, 11:08

Vlad-SRB wrote:
Q: (Khodr Rawi - Autosport Middle East) My first question is for Sebastian: will you keep on doing your doughnuts celebration if you win the next two Grands Prix, even if you’ll get a penalty today?
SV: Well, it depends on what kind of penalty I get. If I get excluded from the next race then probably I won’t be able to do them. Again, it was spontaneous. Obviously I had the experience last week but entering the sort of stadium, I thought it was a very very good spot, I made sure there was nobody around and I was far away from the lines. I think if we are in a position to think about that then obviously it’s very special because it means we had a very very good result in the race. So I think there’s a lot of work before we get to decide whether we can do it again or not.

Q: (Khodr Rawi - Autosport Middle East) The second question is to Mark: you have won at least one race a year with Red Bull since 2009; would it make a difference if don’t win a race in your last season?
MW: Well, it would be nice. I’ve challenged for a few victories here and there this year but not strong enough when it counted, but in the end, Seb was too strong today for the win. I’ve got a couple more races to go, all I can do is do my best. It’s not going to be a huge huge difference but it would be nice to get it as any Grand Prix victory is always special to get them. Yeah, we’ll keep pushing mate and see how we go in the next two races.
Haha, he's one of Mark's "mates" now. :p

Thought it was a mountain too.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 04 Nov 2013, 11:34

Red Bull and donuts: The breakfast of champions
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Nov 2013, 21:02

Helmut Marko says Webber pushed KERS too early at the start and that was why he lost out to Vettel.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 04 Nov 2013, 21:06

Well then, that's a surprise... Webber having a working KERS unit that is.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 04 Nov 2013, 21:59

gotta admit, its hilarious. He cant do clutch timing, cant do KERS timing. Cant look after tyres, cant look after his alternator, cant look after his gearbox, cant look after his hydraulics.

He's rogered in Porsche next year then!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 Nov 2013, 11:20

François wrote:
Vlad-SRB wrote:

Haha, he's one of Mark's "mates" now. :p

Thought it was a mountain too.
I'm his best friend now :lol: