Other
No votes

Total votes: 21

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Korean Grand Prix 2013

Post by mikhailv » 06 Oct 2013, 08:34

whats the bulls** with the tyre? 'oh locking caused a blow out'. Since when do they cause blowouts? lewis' was at canvas back in 2007 and it never blew.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 06 Oct 2013, 08:38

mikhailv wrote:whats the bulls** with the tyre? 'oh locking caused a blow out'. Since when do they cause blowouts? lewis' was at canvas back in 2007 and it never blew.
I agree. The commentators said that it was because of the characteristics of the circuit and Perez pushed too hard. I honestly don't think this should cause a blow out. (Same with Silverstone, sure the teams swap the tyres and everything, but they were doing that since the start of the season...)

Also, amazing race by Hulkenberg. :cool:
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

iceT
Donator
Donator

Post by iceT » 06 Oct 2013, 08:51

Kimi on Lotus team orders would've been "Have my salary up to date and we'll discuss Gro getting back P2"...maybe not in so many words...! :O

Coopz
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Coopz » 06 Oct 2013, 08:59

Will be interesting to see how Sauber are in Suzuka. Can't really defend on straights there. :D

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Oct 2013, 09:15

iceT wrote:Kimi on Lotus team orders would've been "Have my salary up to date and we'll discuss Gro getting back P2"...maybe not in so many words...! :O
:lol:

@Treacle: So Hulk is better than Hunt now :p?

@virtualstatman: Vettel can clinch the title at Suzuka. If he does, he will a four-time champion at a younger age than Prost was when he won his 1st GP!

@virtualstatman: In the last 4 Grands Prix combined, Sebastian Vettel has led 209 out of 213 laps #F1

Very scary :fear:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 06 Oct 2013, 09:40

It's a shame Kimi finished ahead of Romain, as apart from that one moment Romain was the better driver over the course of the weekend. Kimi benefited massively from the safety car like Germany. Still, he's showing what he can do. Him and Hulkenberg would be a fantastic line-up for any team.

It was disappointing Romain let his head drop like he did when Kimi passed him though. He had fresher tyres but went AWOL for a few laps until Boullier spoke to him. He should have carried on and tried to re-pass rather than complain. That's something to improve on.

Lewis has been blabbering on. All before the weekend it was about Newey and the car. Now this.

http://www.espn.co.uk/korea/motorsport/ ... 28445.html

Maybe a driver of a "higher calibre" than Lewis wouldn't have used his tyres up quicker than anyone else today. Comments like this just make me want Vettel to continue winning.
Last edited by donald29 on 06 Oct 2013, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Oct 2013, 09:43

donald29 wrote: Lewis has been blabbering on. All before the weekend it was about Newey and the car. Now this.

Maybe a driver of a "higher calibre" than Lewis wouldn't have used his tyres up quicker than anyone else today. Comments like this just make me want Vettel to continue winning.
Excuse us Lewis, but remind us next time to put you on the front row with Fernando.

It's understandable if Fernando said this, at least he started from P5 and was fighting for this position. Not Lewis who went backward :p

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 06 Oct 2013, 09:45

donald29 wrote:It's a shame Kimi finished ahead of Romain, as apart from that one moment Romain was the better driver over the course of the weekend. Kimi benefited massively from the safety car like Germany. Still, he's showing what he can do. Him and Hulkenberg would be a fantastic line-up for any team.

It was disappointing Romain let his head drop like he did when Kimi passed him though. He had fresher tyres but went AWOL for a few laps until Boullier spoke to him. That's something to improve on.

Lewis has been blabbering on. All before the weekend it was about Newey and the car. Now this.

Cmon, I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy! At least have competition lol

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 06 Oct 2013, 09:46

iceman1 wrote:
donald29 wrote: Lewis has been blabbering on. All before the weekend it was about Newey and the car. Now this.

Excuse us Lewis, but remind us next time to put you on the front row with Fernando.

It's understandable if Fernando said this, at least he started from P5 and was fighting for this position. Not Lewis who went backward :p
Sad thing is, Nico couldve got a podium I reckon :confused:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 06 Oct 2013, 09:53

mikhailv wrote: Cmon, I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy! At least have competition lol
Oh yeah same. Hamilton's complaining is the only thing that makes me want Vettel to win. :p I'd love to see Grosjean win before the end of the season, and see some properly close battles for wins with Alonso, Kimi etc involved. But with everyone focussing on 2014 I can't see it happening unless Vettel runs into trouble. The best battles are going to be for 2nd downwards like we've seen recently.

Kimi's in danger of having to attend the FIA end of season gala again. :p

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 06 Oct 2013, 10:02

See today, I dont see what Kimi did that everyone is ranting and raving about. He was pretty poor. Qualified poorly > Couldnt overtake > safety car > podium > OMFG ICEMAN LEGEND

Im left scratching my head.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 06 Oct 2013, 10:31

3 races in a row di Resta has crashed out of the race on his own accord. Probably wishes he hadn't been so quick to throw his team under a bus earlier in the season now.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Oct 2013, 10:38

mikhailv wrote:See today, I dont see what Kimi did that everyone is ranting and raving about. He was pretty poor. Qualified poorly > Couldnt overtake > safety car > podium > OMFG ICEMAN LEGEND

Im left scratching my head.
Well he overtook Ricciardo, Perez and Alonso which was enough for me. Then, overtook Romain for the 2nd place.

But maybe you didn't see them as you were sleeping.

BTW, nobody said Kimi is legend here, but if you are referring to another forum, maybe it's better to address this issue there.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 06 Oct 2013, 10:57

What an amazing race!!! :) Vettel crushed them, again! Hulkenberg showing even to little birds on the trees that he MUST get a strong car next season.
As for Hamilton's words: lame...

Shame Webber was unlucky again today.

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!