Other
No votes

Total votes: 18

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: Gran Premio d'Italia

Post by tderias » 10 Sep 2013, 10:58

lealjaime wrote:I really wait for something similar happen with Alonso, but it doesnt.
I was hoping for the same thing to happen as well. Sure, Alonso might be a magician behind the steering wheel, but I have to say he's not particularly a nice guy. And I think, in this day and age, that really hurts his mental game. I think among the three or four title contenders, he's the worst in that aspect, with Seb clearly miles ahead of everyone else.

You need more than just driving skill to win championships, as every world champion will testify. You need to be healthy in the mind. With the Alonso of 2005/2006 I think that was alright, but with the Alonso of the 2012/2013 you feel there's always that red mist going on inside his head when things aren't going his way...

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 10 Sep 2013, 16:56

It's easy being nice when you are winning.

People boo because they wanted someone else to win. There's no hidden logic to it. It happens in all cultures and sports.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Sep 2013, 09:05

This is quite interesting. I thought Ferrari wanted to keep Alonso longer in his first stint to have fresher tyres than Vettel at the end of the race. But according to Mark Hughes, Alonso stayed out longer than what it was suggested by his team.

I liked the final part of his article :lol: "In 1991, Alain Porst, a very great driver, was sacked a few races before the end of the season for being publicly critical of Ferrari. He took a a year's sabbatical and returned to win another title with a different team".

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Gran Premio d'Italia

Post by F1EA » 12 Sep 2013, 19:21

Hehehe Who knows. In any case, there was no way Ferrari was going to win the race.

Ferrari (specially LDM) are very emotional. This has probably been the reason why Massa was kept for so long and why they payed Kimi out; and also why they allowed Alonso to have so much "control" of the team and such a long/expensive contract. Obviously, they wanted/needed to keep him happy because he was making up for their design deficiencies by driving superbly. He is probably fed up.

Kimi brought in at least shows the team is not taking their under-delivering lightly (unlike... Mclaren?). I mean... seriously, they should be doing better.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Sep 2013, 19:23

F1EA wrote:Hehehe Who knows. In any case, there was no way Ferrari was going to win the race.
Haha, sorry :lol: Hughes was talking about the Hungarian GP. I read his column again :p

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Gran Premio d'Italia

Post by F1EA » 12 Sep 2013, 20:03

iceman1 wrote:
F1EA wrote:Hehehe Who knows. In any case, there was no way Ferrari was going to win the race.
Haha, sorry :lol: Hughes was talking about the Hungarian GP. I read his column again :p
LOL
You never know nowadays. There's media going on everywhere. I think 99% is just to stir some pot.

But certainly, Alonso should be fed up, not in the way of giving up; but in the way of seriously, something must be done.

Ferrari made a good coup move though; this will definitely help the image of the team. And i, for one, will definitely be buying Ferrari merch. Now this looks like a team who wants to win. :)