5%

Total votes: 20

SilverHAMBenz
car driver
car driver

Re: 2013 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

Post by SilverHAMBenz » 26 Aug 2013, 20:03

Treacle wrote:
SilverHAMBenz wrote:By the way that was pretty dangerous! Why Greenpeace activists always feel like using these ''questionable'' methods to raise awareness?
Because these methods raise awareness. :O As you can see, the Internet is flooded with pictures and videos of their protest. Bad publicity is still publicity. :)
It's good thing in a sense that people know about oil companies activities in the Arctic but they're also becoming 'naughty'... Yeah bad publicity is still publicity!
p.s: Love your avatar and it's nice to see another Mercedes fan! :thumbsup:
' You've got to be on the limit all the time, and I like that, because that is how I love to race ' Lewis HAMILTON MBE, F1 World Champion of Great Britain

SilverHAMBenz
car driver
car driver

Post by SilverHAMBenz » 26 Aug 2013, 20:13

phil1993 wrote:
SilverHAMBenz wrote:SPA ratings seem fair! :)
Fine.
Thanks. Several people on Twitter disagree so it's nice to have a positive comment!
I was really (pleasantly) surprised by your ratings! I always do mine including qualy+race. It is what is, no bias!
Obviously you can't please everybody!
' You've got to be on the limit all the time, and I like that, because that is how I love to race ' Lewis HAMILTON MBE, F1 World Champion of Great Britain

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 26 Aug 2013, 20:24

SilverHAMBenz wrote:It's good thing in a sense that people know about oil companies activities in the Arctic but they're also becoming 'naughty'... Yeah bad publicity is still publicity!
Yeah, it's good to raise awareness, but in all fairness, protesting won't save the world. Even if by some miracle they reached their goal and Shell backed out, there would be another oil company jumping at the chance...
Does anyone know why Spa was fined? Is it because their security is not good enough and the Greenpeace members could enter the track?

P.S. - Thanks, I think this is one of the most gorgeous pictures ever. But I'm not really a fan of Mercedes... :blush:
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

SilverHAMBenz
car driver
car driver

Post by SilverHAMBenz » 26 Aug 2013, 21:01

Treacle wrote:
SilverHAMBenz wrote:It's good thing in a sense that people know about oil companies activities in the Arctic but they're also becoming 'naughty'... Yeah bad publicity is still publicity!
Yeah, it's good to raise awareness, but in all fairness, protesting won't save the world. Even if by some miracle they reached their goal and Shell backed out, there would be another oil company jumping at the chance...
Does anyone know why Spa was fined? Is it because their security is not good enough and the Greenpeace members could enter the track?
P.S. - Thanks, I think this is one of the most gorgeous pictures ever. But I'm not really a fan of Mercedes... :blush:
Oops! I don't have good eyes! What car is it?

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 26 Aug 2013, 21:05

An interesting thing:
Lap 10, Massa and Hulkenberg going out of pitlane, Massa steps on the line, going completely over it, I think, in the next moment

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 26 Aug 2013, 21:28

sermilan wrote:An interesting thing:
Lap 10, Massa and Hulkenberg going out of pitlane, Massa steps on the line, going completely over it, I think, in the next moment
Yeah, I caught that as well and I was surprised that it wasn't investigated. I don't remember any penalties applied for that since Badoer in 2009, so I don't know if they've become more lenient or if that one just slid under the radar.

By the way, since we've been discussing track limits a lot, does anyone know what Gutierrez actually did to earn himself a drive through penalty? Is there any footage of it? I'd be curious to find out.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 26 Aug 2013, 21:36

He just about looks ok there. You're allowed to be on it, not over it. He was very close.
F1EA wrote:Absolutely no way Vettel did a better job than Alonso.
Why not? One had the fastest car, one had the second fastest car. Both comfortably beat everyone else. Pretty similar jobs if you ask me.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 26 Aug 2013, 21:50

donald29 wrote:
Why not? One had the fastest car, one had the second fastest car. Both comfortably beat everyone else. Pretty similar jobs if you ask me.
Similar jobs?
Comfortably beat everyone else?

I guess i watched a different race.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 26 Aug 2013, 23:19

We all watched the same race. Vettel didnt need to overtake and race as usual like Alonso did. He maximised the car. Vettel didnt need to maxi.ise the car because it was so dominant akin to 2011.

vettel didnt need to do much and coasted from lap 3 except when he was bored. Did Alonso do a better job? Probably. But how could Vettel do better? He didnt really do much except coast but got the job done in a different way to Alonso.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 26 Aug 2013, 23:29

F1EA wrote:
donald29 wrote:
Similar jobs?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Or maybe you're just biased.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 26 Aug 2013, 23:48

Guys, maybe someone mentioned this before, but, as far as I remember, we didn't have a single drop of rain in last 3 races on Spa. Curious...

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

2013 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

Post by F1EA » 27 Aug 2013, 00:09

Joey Zyla wrote:
F1EA wrote:
donald29 wrote:
Similar jobs?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Or maybe you're just biased.
One driver gets more action within the first two corners than the other over the whole race. Passes the other fastest car, in a b*** out showdown. Payback for that other memorable move two yrs ago.

One driver was told to conserve tires on lap.. 4 was it? While the other pushes until the very last corner... Extra pts for sideway awesomeness ;)

One driver tricks the other podium finisher into turn1 and then denies him on the straight, against DRS, without forcing him off, without dodgy brake zone antics except fighting his own car, notably on the limit...

And so they both had similar races and dealt with everyone with confortable ease.

Guess I am biased.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 27 Aug 2013, 00:18

One beat the other by sixteen seconds despite conserving tyres for 95 percent of the race...

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 27 Aug 2013, 00:27

Joey Zyla wrote:One beat the other by sixteen seconds despite conserving tyres for 95 percent of the race...
Ehhh.... Wouldn't that make the point??
:confused:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Aug 2013, 06:08

Ferrari had strong pace and had they not screwed up qualifying then they were in with a shout of the win. It was always unlikely but starting P3 or 4, Alonso would have had a much better chance.

Regarding Gutierrez, I believe it was when he passed Maldonado on the Blanchimont run off.