Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Grand Prix de Monaco 2013

Post by Treacle » 28 May 2013, 16:17

naiego wrote:I disagree on that as well. In my opinion his value as a driver has nothing to do with his premature death.
Senna was good, no one questions that. But he was not the best. Yet because of his premature death he is remembered that way.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 28 May 2013, 16:33

Treacle wrote:
naiego wrote:I disagree on that as well. In my opinion his value as a driver has nothing to do with his premature death.
Senna was good, no one questions that. But he was not the best. Yet because of his premature death he is remembered that way.
Yes. Senna was good; i' say Great. But not the best. To me Prost was better, and had it not been for Shumacher's damaging return, i would have categorically said Schu was the best. (Not really going back to the elder generations).

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 28 May 2013, 16:42

The situation with Kimi/Perez/Alonso etc is pretty simple: Perez starts the move in which he WILL crowd the opponent off the track. Did he leave track space to Alonso or Kimi? No. Kimi didnt leave space for him either, but Sergio had the option to not go for the move. Kimi nor Alonso had that option.

Would Sergio been able to make the pass without either sending the opponent off track or crashing? No. Alonso simply avoided the contact, but was 'penalised'. Kimi wasn't, but got hit......

The stewards allowed this to happen by making Alonso cede the position. It could have been worse, Sergio almost took out a couple more guys right near the end there.... that would have been super embarrassing.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 28 May 2013, 16:52

I echo F1EA and Treacle; he was a great driver which is never questioned, the problem is, his death elevated him to something more than he ever was. He wasn't as skilled as people believe. People excuse his disgusting behaviour like punting Prost and chinning whoever didnt move out his way when they had no need to move. His skill was exaggerated after his death and his acts which were disgusting washed over as 'its the times' yet when Schumacher did it he was tarnished, black mark, slated. And its all because Schuey didnt die that he is criticised.

The problem with Perez is the FIA said its ok to barge cars off track. Pere wouldnt dare do that move if it wasnt an open area and it was walls, so he shouldnt do it just because the car can run off. His BUtton overtake was perfect, he was already alongside and won the corner before it came. With Alonso, he just bardged through and crowded a car off.

Kimi's problem is that he braked and moved left at the same time, he continually closed a gap. Regardless of whether both cars would make the turn, they would both have to rejoin with Kimi ahead.

What pisses me off is that Kimi slated perez in China; its Perez's fault. Kimi slated Perez in Monaco; its Perez's fault. But to me, whats the difference between Monaco and Kimi on Alonso in Japan? a gap that was closing by the track coming inwards towards the cars, a gap which no car would fit, a gap which kimi was already ending up on the grass. Yet that was Alonso to blame.

Kimi is blameless in every event, even though he does it, he is still blameless. But, in a way, he got his penalty by losing 8 points.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 28 May 2013, 16:54

I think Sergio's finally starting to show his true colours. Aggressive, over-confident and sometimes just plain reckless. It seems like he's so desperate to make a name for himself that it's backfiring...

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 28 May 2013, 17:02

tderias wrote:I think Sergio's finally starting to show his true colours. Aggressive, over-confident and sometimes just plain reckless. It seems like he's so desperate to make a name for himself that it's backfiring...
That's true. I wonder though how much of this behavior comes from Whitmarsh saying he should be more aggressive.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 28 May 2013, 17:51

Treacle wrote:
tderias wrote:I think Sergio's finally starting to show his true colours. Aggressive, over-confident and sometimes just plain reckless. It seems like he's so desperate to make a name for himself that it's backfiring...
That's true. I wonder though how much of this behavior comes from Whitmarsh saying he should be more aggressive.
He was like that last year though. Just look at Crapu Dhabi.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 28 May 2013, 18:12

Yeah, but by then he was already signed by McLaren. I don't recall him being so aggressive at Sauber.

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by naiego » 28 May 2013, 18:19

Treacle wrote:Yeah, but by then he was already signed by McLaren. I don't recall him being so aggressive at Sauber.
In 2011 he was aggressive enough.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 28 May 2013, 19:29

I wonder how many points he lost 2012 due to very optimistic overtakes. Just remember his silly move against Hamilton in Suzuka. His car was fast enough to drive on the podium but he threw it away so frivolously.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 29 May 2013, 05:14

mikhailv wrote:I echo F1EA and Treacle; he was a great driver which is never questioned, the problem is, his death elevated him to something more than he ever was. He wasn't as skilled as people believe. People excuse his disgusting behaviour like punting Prost and chinning whoever didnt move out his way when they had no need to move. His skill was exaggerated after his death and his acts which were disgusting washed over as 'its the times' yet when Schumacher did it he was tarnished, black mark, slated. And its all because Schuey didnt die that he is criticised.

The problem with Perez is the FIA said its ok to barge cars off track. Pere wouldnt dare do that move if it wasnt an open area and it was walls, so he shouldnt do it just because the car can run off. His BUtton overtake was perfect, he was already alongside and won the corner before it came. With Alonso, he just bardged through and crowded a car off.

Kimi's problem is that he braked and moved left at the same time, he continually closed a gap. Regardless of whether both cars would make the turn, they would both have to rejoin with Kimi ahead.

What pisses me off is that Kimi slated perez in China; its Perez's fault. Kimi slated Perez in Monaco; its Perez's fault. But to me, whats the difference between Monaco and Kimi on Alonso in Japan? a gap that was closing by the track coming inwards towards the cars, a gap which no car would fit, a gap which kimi was already ending up on the grass. Yet that was Alonso to blame.

Kimi is blameless in every event, even though he does it, he is still blameless. But, in a way, he got his penalty by losing 8 points.
True.
Good point.
Also true.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 May 2013, 07:22

Is that you Joey? You've just agreed with something i've said. Who's hacked your account!?

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 29 May 2013, 07:37

I agree about Kimi and Perez, it's simply because Perez don't have enough fans as Kimi's :D

What happen between them, Kimi is always right and Perez is always wrong!
It's exaggerated by Perez experiences is too small compare to Kimi's.

Kimi always rules XD

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 29 May 2013, 07:58

mikhailv wrote:Is that you Joey? You've just agreed with something i've said. Who's hacked your account!?
:rofl: Yes, it's me. :thumbsup:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 29 May 2013, 08:18

lol! What about Bottas. Claiming that there was blue flags (none being waved) and he thought kimi was in the lead? Thats the biggest load of tripe I have ever heard.