Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Grand Prix de Monaco 2013

Post by donald29 » 26 May 2013, 19:02

Massa didn't make the same mistake twice it seems, Pat Fry says car problem.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 26 May 2013, 19:32

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 27 May 2013, 05:36

How dare Perez to blame Kimi for the crash? This guy has some nerve. I don't want Perez to be hit in the face as I don't like violence but I'd like to see him leave F1 now. He's dangerous on the track and I lost all respect I had for him.

Edit: someone quoted senna on a youtube vid that he said to go for a gap that exists. This gap didn't exist.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 May 2013, 06:01

The problem with Perez is that it's good he has a go, but he justifies it for the next move.

Just because it works once doesn't mean it'll work again. The move on Button was so good that it, for him, justified the move with Alonso. It was a bold move and it just about worked. But the one with Kimi was way too ambitious. He was so far back. Kimi perhaps should have taken a tighter line but Perez was never making the corner.

---

Anyway, I really fear that Vettel will run away with it now. Traditionally, Spain/Monaco is a bit of a weakness for him but he's emerged from it with a 21 point lead. The RB9 has the most downforce so as the tyres last longer - as is usual once teams understand them - they have the advantage. Raikkonen won't be able to continue near the front once the tyres last longer, while Alonso isn't consistent enough.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 27 May 2013, 06:23

Yes that move was too far back, it didn't show in the initial onboard replay but it was way too far. Kimi didn't expect it reasonably so.

This will probably be another RB year with more vettel domination.

Can't wait. (sarcasm)

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 27 May 2013, 08:16

phil1993 wrote:Never one to mince his words...
http://www.f1zone.net/news/angry-raikko ... rez/19126/
True. Perez was divebombing all afternoon there, sometimes doing it right, but on a few occasions, completely missed the turn.
One thing is if you try like that, but make the apex while doing it and it's completely different when you're not able to stop the car on time to make it.
He was far behind Kimi when he tried the move, so it really was a stupid move from Perez.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 27 May 2013, 11:57

phil1993 wrote:Perez too ambitious for me.
yes, but, what he must do?. Get points for championship?

I think he has only to goals now, get better place in every race and beat his teammate. No more.

He and sutil was very aggressive, but they can score this race his better seasson position, and even "Monaco"!!

Some complain Alonso, not very aggressive. Alonso said, he has not a good pace. But look Kimi, he fight with Perez, and he loose 9 points. Alonso didn't fight with Perez, Sutil and Button, and get 6 points. They are fighting for championship, not for a single race.

Sl2

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 27 May 2013, 12:00

iceman1 wrote:Perez you are not a fireman. So don't play with fire again :rofl:
Why not?. He played with fire with button, he burned but only a little. Played with Alonso, and was Alonso burned (Alonso can fight and crash, or avoid collision and wait to steward).

Perez must run every race as the last race, all ones are a single race for him.

Sl2

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 27 May 2013, 12:03

So grosjean gets a 10 place grid penalty. For ricciardo plonking in the middle of the road on destroyed tyres slamming the brakes on.

+1 for common sense there.

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 27 May 2013, 12:46

phil1993 wrote:*DRIVER RATINGS KLAXON*
http://www.f1zone.net/news/monaco-gp-dr ... ngs/19111/

There. Quickest ever I think.
Thanks again Phil. :thumbsup:

Rosberg was brilliant over the whole weekend. He seems to have the edge on Hamilton which I find fantastic. I always thought Rosberg is a great driver. But with Schumacher on his side most people were just disappointed by the weakness of Schumi and nobody praised Rosberg for his efforts.
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 27 May 2013, 13:09

Yesterday i was surprised by Alonso's drive,it was very strange that drivers like Sutil were passing him easily...In San Marino 2005 Schumi was chasing him in the final 12 laps and Alonso's drive that day was amazing,he defended brilliantly,yesterday it was one the worst races of his career.
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 27 May 2013, 13:44

Checo the new Kobayashi? :D

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 27 May 2013, 13:50

majidasadi wrote:Yesterday i was surprised by Alonso's drive,it was very strange that drivers like Sutil were passing him easily...In San Marino 2005 Schumi was chasing him in the final 12 laps and Alonso's drive that day was amazing,he defended brilliantly,yesterday it was one the worst races of his career.
To be honest, I think he just didn't want to risk anything. I mean, he didn't try attacking Raikkonen or overtaking because he didn't want to collide, but in not making a move on raikkonen he left himself open to attack from behind, which is exactly what happened.

Its funny, but if you think, in giving the place back to Perez, it saved him from retiring; Perez hit raikkonen and gave him a puncture, it could've been a lot worse. He got balked with Sutil/Perez and Button took advantage. Alonso just looked like he didn't want to fight or defend. Sutils move was a beauty! Might seem lacklustre but the whole race was weird.

We had one lapped car come the first safety car right? The whole race was so so slow. Vettel had 2 seconds in his pocket yet didn't use it at all.

I dare say, Mercedes went purposely slow to try show they 'gained nothing' from the test, RBR wanted merc to win so slowed down more to try and say 'they gained a second/tyres are c**p'.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 27 May 2013, 14:38

mikhailv wrote:
majidasadi wrote:Yesterday i was surprised by Alonso's drive,it was very strange that drivers like Sutil were passing him easily...In San Marino 2005 Schumi was chasing him in the final 12 laps and Alonso's drive that day was amazing,he defended brilliantly,yesterday it was one the worst races of his career.
To be honest, I think he just didn't want to risk anything. I mean, he didn't try attacking Raikkonen or overtaking because he didn't want to collide, but in not making a move on raikkonen he left himself open to attack from behind, which is exactly what happened.

Its funny, but if you think, in giving the place back to Perez, it saved him from retiring; Perez hit raikkonen and gave him a puncture, it could've been a lot worse. He got balked with Sutil/Perez and Button took advantage. Alonso just looked like he didn't want to fight or defend. Sutils move was a beauty! Might seem lacklustre but the whole race was weird.

We had one lapped car come the first safety car right? The whole race was so so slow. Vettel had 2 seconds in his pocket yet didn't use it at all.

I dare say, Mercedes went purposely slow to try show they 'gained nothing' from the test, RBR wanted merc to win so slowed down more to try and say 'they gained a second/tyres are c**p'.
That's the thing though. Being so cautious is not Alonso's style. It's too early to be thinking about the points so tentatively imo.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 27 May 2013, 14:52

mikhailv wrote:I dare say, Mercedes went purposely slow to try show they 'gained nothing' from the test, RBR wanted merc to win so slowed down more to try and say 'they gained a second/tyres are c**p'.
That's probably not the case though. Even Alonso said during free practices that this is the race Mercedes will win. Hell, even Vettel said after the race that their test had nothing to do with their victory. (It's a different topic that Helmut Marko is a jerk.)
I think what happened is that everyone was so afraid of degradation, that they went awfully cautiously.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."