Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil 2012

Who will be the 2012 Formula One World Champion?

Poll ended at 25 Nov 2012, 11:28

Sebastian Vettel
55%
Fernando Alonso
45%

Total votes: 29

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Grande Prêmio Petrobras do Brasil 2012

Post by mikhailv » 15 Dec 2012, 15:08

phil1993 wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Webber fails when exhaust trickery comes into play.
Alonso fan = exhaust trickery
Reality = Suiting the car to the driver's needs.

:O
Its the same thing; its exhaust trickery which suits vettel :p webber should be more adaptable

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 15 Dec 2012, 17:43

You guys make me laugh too much!
Most of you talk as though you knew how hard it is to be an F1 driver let alone in the top 10 drivers. You are hypercritical of every minuscule mistake, as though you would or could do better. You talk of drivers "failing" to live up to your expectations, giving little or no thought to the fact that your opinion means zero to Red Bull Ferrari McLaren etc.
You talk of drivers moving to other teams because it would suit you, but you phrase these statements as though they actually carried some weight somewhere.
What happened to just enjoying the races. Where and when did all this "cheating" talk come from? Does anyone remember Senna crashing into Prost to secure the title? Was that legal? yes. Was it sportsman like? No. Was it F1 racing? Absolutely.
All of your carping and bitter-loser comments about Vettel won't change the fact that he won the WDC. Alonso lost. Webber is now and will be next year the team mate of Vettel. For god's sake get over it.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Dec 2012, 17:48

I'm in awe of all of them, but it's those minor mistakes that tell the difference between the very good and the great.

But it's what it is with every sport. A goalkeeper will make 9 saves out of 10, but it'll be the one he missed that we all remember.

And this is a discussion forum, it's what we do.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 15 Dec 2012, 18:42

mileso wrote:Most of you talk as though you knew how hard it is to be an F1 driver let alone in the top 10 drivers. You are hypercritical of every minuscule mistake, as though you would or could do better. You talk of drivers "failing" to live up to your expectations, giving little or no thought to the fact that your opinion means zero to Red Bull Ferrari McLaren etc.
I don't think anyone on this forum has ever questioned anyone's driving abilities on the grid. Okay, maybe we did question if Narain has a place in the grid, but it's compared to the other drivers, not us. Believe me, everyone knows that driving an F1 car requires talent, strength, passion, focus, etc.
So... You only have an opinion, because someone somewhere cares about it? Because that's not why I have one, that's for sure.

And as high as I rate Senna for his driving skills, I question quite a few of his actions as a sportsman... Same with Schumacher.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Dec 2012, 19:43

Treacle wrote:
mileso wrote:Most of you talk as though you knew how hard it is to be an F1 driver let alone in the top 10 drivers. You are hypercritical of every minuscule mistake, as though you would or could do better. You talk of drivers "failing" to live up to your expectations, giving little or no thought to the fact that your opinion means zero to Red Bull Ferrari McLaren etc.
I don't think anyone on this forum has ever questioned anyone's driving abilities on the grid. Okay, maybe we did question if Narain has a place in the grid, but it's compared to the other drivers, not us. Believe me, everyone knows that driving an F1 car requires talent, strength, passion, focus, etc.
So... You only have an opinion, because someone somewhere cares about it? Because that's not why I have one, that's for sure.

And as high as I rate Senna for his driving skills, I question quite a few of his actions as a sportsman... Same with Schumacher.
Everyone questions Ide XD but thats it. Tell you what, hamilton cant drive. shouldnt be near a car. Alonso is abysmal, that ferrari drove itself with a controller. Vettel? Hes 12. He doesnt even have a driving licence....

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 17 Dec 2012, 23:52

phil1993 wrote: A goalkeeper will make 9 saves out of 10, but it'll be the one he missed that we all remember.
Oh yeah. Like Moacir Barbosa Nascimento
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moacir_Barbosa_Nascimento
He was one of the world's best goalkeepers in the 1940s and 1950s and known for not wearing gloves because he wanted to feel the ball with his bare hands. Although he won many trophies, his fame is mainly associated with the defeat of Brazil in the decisive match of the World Cup 1950 against Uruguay.
Barbosa was blamed for the defeat, for which he suffered for this for the rest of his life as the match became part of Brazilian folklore. In 2000, shortly before his death, he said in an interview: "The maximum punishment in Brazil is 30 years imprisonment, but I have been paying, for something I am not even responsible for, by now, for 50 years."
F1 probably is not as harsh, even top drivers have said: "You are just as good as your last race".

andrew
kart driver
kart driver

Post by andrew » 23 Dec 2012, 11:43

mileso wrote:You guys make me laugh too much!
Most of you talk as though you knew how hard it is to be an F1 driver let alone in the top 10 drivers. You are hypercritical of every minuscule mistake, as though you would or could do better. You talk of drivers "failing" to live up to your expectations, giving little or no thought to the fact that your opinion means zero to Red Bull Ferrari McLaren etc.
You talk of drivers moving to other teams because it would suit you, but you phrase these statements as though they actually carried some weight somewhere.
What happened to just enjoying the races. Where and when did all this "cheating" talk come from? Does anyone remember Senna crashing into Prost to secure the title? Was that legal? yes. Was it sportsman like? No. Was it F1 racing? Absolutely.
All of your carping and bitter-loser comments about Vettel won't change the fact that he won the WDC. Alonso lost. Webber is now and will be next year the team mate of Vettel. For god's sake get over it.
I think you need to saty off the caffeine.

It's called a discusion dude. Believe me, I (and Vlad, F1EA and Mnmracer) could show you somewhere far worse. :O

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 23 Dec 2012, 13:51

BBC currently showing a replay of the Brazilian Grand Prix on the Red Button and online.