Michael Schumacher
13%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 39

phil1993

Re: Grand Prix du Canada 2012

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2012, 10:43

mikhailv wrote:Where did di resta come? think i saw him at the start and then he went invisible. did he crash?
Eleventh.

Force India had to pit him early through tyre wear and then they couldn't get the prime tyres to work at all. Hulkenberg had the same issue.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jun 2012, 11:36

Force india keep disapointing dont they? Every year its 'were gonna move forward' but they go backwards. last year they nearly had Renault/Lotus. This year Sauber is having them and williams could get them too.

The team goes backwards and it Misses Sutil. He scored double what Di Resta did last year, and he'd be doing a damn sight better than Hulkenberg, even Di Resta I dare say.

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 11 Jun 2012, 11:41

Force India had a very poor race as per their standards. They were very promising throughout the practice sessions & with Mercedes Power they should have scored some decent points here.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 11 Jun 2012, 12:30

I'm surprised the FIA didn't look at Schumacher's release from his second stop. The mechanics know the DRS is stuck open, some even try and close it, yet they let him go back out.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 11 Jun 2012, 12:31

Just noticed that Fernando Alonso has now gone a year without a retirement - considering the nature of the F150 and the F2012, to do that is impressive. Further to that, he's finished every race since Canada 2011 in the points. Top class.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 11 Jun 2012, 13:04

That's Schumacher levels of long-term consistency. Give him the car and like 2002 he is capable of finishing every race of a season on the podium.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Jun 2012, 13:09

phil1993 wrote:Just noticed that Fernando Alonso has now gone a year without a retirement - considering the nature of the F150 and the F2012, to do that is impressive. Further to that, he's finished every race since Canada 2011 in the points. Top class.
You keep saying that after every race :p

Picture of the day!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Jun 2012, 14:50

Button should do like this right now :zz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGcaYavB ... e=related/

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 11 Jun 2012, 15:18

iceman1 wrote:Button should do like this right now :zz:

Nooo. He wasn't now penalized for dangerous driving. Besides, as in some comments; he became a millionaire, Weldon had a fatal accident and Davidson: "Anthony Davidson should be on the track and not be looking at Georgie's tits all day in the Skypad"

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jun 2012, 17:04

reppo wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Button should do like this right now :zz:

Nooo. He wasn't now penalized for dangerous driving. Besides, as in some comments; he became a millionaire, Weldon had a fatal accident and Davidson: "Anthony Davidson should be on the track and not be looking at Georgie's tits all day in the Skypad"
Mate, if I could get paid for looking at a fit birds knockers and talking about cars id be so happy.

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 11 Jun 2012, 17:45

Yaaaay my hero finally won!! After overtaking Alonso, there's nothing else to stop hamilton.. This feeling is very different from years before 2012... Hamilton was quite often related to bad luck, mistakes, and technical issues, but maybe in this year we see a new Lewis and I agree feeling like when he got passed Alonso I already feel 100% win chance. This maybe already showing his consistency yet maturity and that really shows him equal to Alonso! Hamilton surely will be a better driver than Alonso for the next few years!! He evolve to a more than world champion now...

I think this race not only Hamilton beat alonso and vettel fair and square, he also play on them, because Hamilton pitted for the 2nd stop, Alonso and vettel was trying to achieve better position to win the race and beat Hamilton... They both were quite sure of their own performance and not really think it clearly on Hamilton's doing, then it starts to fall away from them.. But in my opinion, the timing was all about right to screw both vettel and alonso... When the time comes Hamilton will took Vettel, I know it should have been Vettel to pit already and not losing podium... Well it's very easy to say about it after we see the whole race.. But I'm thinking as Vettel that he would still try to get the car home with 1 stop and maintain the podium behind alonso.. But when tyres already gone off and get passed by rogro and perez, they react on it ASAP... Meanwhile Alonso already a sitting duck.. He get no advamtage on both not pitting or pitting.. It was a complete disastrous situation for Ferrari, and I think both Alonso and Vettel eat their own hat and say, okay you win Lewis.. We lose because we fight you... And we lost badly...

Congrats to rogro and perez!! Both show great performance today, but for me rogro just a good driver, he is not a world champion driver for me.. I thinkPerez is much better driver than Rogro... Perez and rogro both need some learning for consistency... They still not always be in their best performance. I know most of you would say Perez is better than Kobayashi, but Kob has the consistency, meanwhile Perez just being the fireworks that just blow up there sometimes.. Perez need some more experience.. I agree on what montezemolo said. But massa surely is not a better driver than Perez ;-)

Button.. Oh my oh my.. What a drift!!! He is completely disastrous.. Now i'm thinking why... Maybe the car has been damaged? Or.. Some mclaren impovement makes it oversteer style which is suit more for hamilton, which button prefer understeer style car? Maybe... I think Button wouldn't be that bad for no reason.. Something's not right for him...

Overall it was a fabtastic race!!! Because of perez and rogro, ham is leading the championship!! My God, who would expect that to happen? Anything is possible here now in 2012 season...

Maysoon
car driver
car driver

Post by Maysoon » 11 Jun 2012, 18:06

sorry for interruption!
but in such occasion "Lewis to win GP", I would like to write something!

yes, the right strategy was by McLaren, and as Whitmarsh said: "It was a majestic performance by a master of his craft at the peak of his form."
and for Jenson, since it is well known that his main problem was in the suspension set-up, will be easy to solve and to recover!

the most to annoy some, that two runners one of them is a rookie, got their podiums form two world champions!

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 11 Jun 2012, 18:35

Wow what a race

Grosjean totally slid under the radar there. And then Perez outta nowhere.

And neither Williams in the wall

guys what is happening

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 11 Jun 2012, 20:03

Maysoon wrote:sorry for interruption!
but in such occasion "Lewis to win GP", I would like to write something!

yes, the right strategy was by McLaren, and as Whitmarsh said: "It was a majestic performance by a master of his craft at the peak of his form."
and for Jenson, since it is well known that his main problem was in the suspension set-up, will be easy to solve and to recover!

the most to annoy some, that two runners one of them is a rookie, got their podiums form two world champions!

Did a better job with the tyres in the end.

But then on other way of looking at it, dont you think its sad that fighting for a win, actual makes you lose your podium because you cant push and attack? I mean hamilton couldve had alonso before the DRS zone, but he chose to just wait for the push to pass job done, no amount of defending can stop it no matter how good you are. Its such a horrid shame that we actually are losing racing. Fighting for the lead, 2 laps of pushing and everyone is just trying to save their tyres to scrape to the end.

Its racing ofcourse, but it just doesnt feel right. Monaco it wasn't so bad, but some races have just been.... daft.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 11 Jun 2012, 20:17

mikhailv wrote: Did a better job with the tyres in the end.

But then on other way of looking at it, dont you think its sad that fighting for a win, actual makes you lose your podium because you cant push and attack? I mean hamilton couldve had alonso before the DRS zone, but he chose to just wait for the push to pass job done, no amount of defending can stop it no matter how good you are. Its such a horrid shame that we actually are losing racing. Fighting for the lead, 2 laps of pushing and everyone is just trying to save their tyres to scrape to the end.

Its racing ofcourse, but it just doesnt feel right. Monaco it wasn't so bad, but some races have just been.... daft.
I was just thinking that... To me it seems that DRS gives a huge advantage to the "attacker" since the driver in front of him can't defend his position. Even though Hamilton deserved this win - though somewhere in the back of my mind I beleive that Ferrari and Red Bull had handed him the victory on a silver plate - I would have liked better if he actually had to fight for the win... Alonso's situation reminded me of Raikkonen's, which is a shame.
Also, I think that Schumacher's bad luck is starting to seem suspicious...
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."