Other
3%

Total votes: 35

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: British Grand Prix 2011

Post by tderias » 10 Jul 2011, 16:15

Eric_Cartman wrote:I don't understand why Di Resta didn't get a penalty for his incident with Buemi. It was exactly the same accident as Schumacher on Kobayashi...
Dont think it was. Di Resta actually got a half-hearted run on Buemi down the inside, but Buemi just swept past the corner, too bad Paul's wing was still in there.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Jul 2011, 17:10

The McLaren and Sauber teams have been fined for the unsafe releases of Jenson Button and Kamui Kobayashi during pitstops in the British Grand Prix.

Button's team was given a €5,000 fine, while Sauber will have to pay €20,000 added to Kobayashi receiving a drive-through penalty for his unsafe release during the race.

The Japanese driver was released in front of Rubens Barrichello and damaged one of Force India's air hoses in the process.

Button retired from the event after his front right tyre was not attached properly to his car.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 10 Jul 2011, 17:15

Im surprised theres nothing against Lewis... he did seem to lunge into Massa as felipe went round the outside... thats just my unbiased opinion.

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by naiego » 10 Jul 2011, 17:17

tderias wrote:Im surprised theres nothing against Lewis... he did seem to lunge into Massa as felipe went round the outside... thats just my unbiased opinion.
In my opinion it was just a racing incident.

SpliT
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SpliT » 10 Jul 2011, 17:23

naiego wrote:
tderias wrote:Im surprised theres nothing against Lewis... he did seem to lunge into Massa as felipe went round the outside... thats just my unbiased opinion.
The same said Stefano Domenicali.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 10 Jul 2011, 17:43

naiego wrote:
I think like you, there is a race incident, but was more severe than MSC vs KOB, and MSC was penalty. Really never understand FIA. I think HAM, was near for a penalty, he crash two times with MAS, and force him to go outside. MSC go out and crash with KOB, and he had a penalty. If MSC really deserve a penalty, then HAM too. But I think that maybe no one had to be punished.

Sl2

Edited:
Fastest laps
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... e-laps.pdf
Alonso, 0.657 faster than Vettel, really strange, and Massa faster than Vettel.

Sector times:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... ectors.pdf
Ferrari's was a fantastic second partial

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by naiego » 10 Jul 2011, 17:52

dacer wrote:
naiego wrote:
I think like you, there is a race incident, but was more severe than MSC vs KOB, and MSC was penalty. Really never understand FIA. I think HAM, was near for a penalty, he crash two times with MAS, and force him to go outside. MSC go out and crash with KOB, and he had a penalty. If MSC really deserve a penalty, then HAM too. But I think that maybe no one had to be punished.

Sl2
In Schumacher's case, the German was behind Kobayashi and the contact they had made the Japanese spin. Perhaps this was the reason they punished him for, but I'm just guessing.

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 10 Jul 2011, 17:54

Schumacher send Kobayashi into a spin after failing to slow down ( he was his word ). He deserved a penalty. But in the Massa/Hamilton incident, it was Massa who made the move, and Hamilton tried to keep his position. It was a pure battle for position like in Fuji 07 between the same Massa and Kubica!

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 10 Jul 2011, 17:58

naiego wrote: In Schumacher's case, the German was behind Kobayashi and the contact they had made the Japanese spin. Perhaps this was the reason they punished him for, but I'm just guessing.
If you look MAS vs HAM, HAM crash two times with MAS, and he have to open his turn. He did not spin, because was not on rear tyres. Really are not very different. But as said before, I think no one must be penalizated.

Sl2

But HAM, fail to brake too. MAS, was in front of him and HAM brake with MAS cars

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 Jul 2011, 18:19

I can't find Massa's reaction on the incident with Hamilton..?!
Off-Topic: show
Where is Phil?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 10 Jul 2011, 18:50

JoostLamers wrote:I can't find Massa's reaction on the incident with Hamilton..?!
Where is Phil?
From f1.com
Felipe Massa (5th) wrote: “First of all, I want to congratulate Fernando, who drove a great race to give Ferrari a very important win. Sixty years ago, Gonzalez won for the first time and today history has repeated itself. I think we have made a step forward this weekend in terms of performance, both in qualifying and the race. It’s true my pace wasn’t amazing today, but that could have had something to do with the fact my floor was damaged, after I hit something at Turn 6; maybe a part from another car. In terms of the strategy, maybe we could brought forward the second stop a bit, but the team did not want me to end up having to complete the final part of the race on tyres that were too worn. In the end, I closed right up to Hamilton, as he was struggling, but when I was behind him, he fought and I only just missed out by a fraction on getting past him. We have to continue to push on the development of the car: there are many races still ahead of us and having improved the car means we can feel more confident about the second half of the season.”
Phil is out for few weeks

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 10 Jul 2011, 20:30

mikedc73 wrote:FIA

Ferrari international assistance

At work again!
Explain.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 10 Jul 2011, 20:44

TwistedArmco wrote:
mikedc73 wrote:FIA

Ferrari international assistance

At work again!
Explain.
Well everyone's gonna say that the ban on off-throttle blown exhausts has hindered Red Bull/helped Ferrari. If that's true then Red Bull should resume dominating Ferrari starting next Grand Prix at Nurburgring, since everything will be back to normal and blown diffusers are allowed... I'll just wait and see...

KevC

Post by KevC » 10 Jul 2011, 20:45

Race Day pics below
Spoiler:

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 10 Jul 2011, 20:48

nice pictures Kevin :)
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0