Other
2%

Total votes: 44

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: Grand Prix de Monaco 2011

Post by JoostLamers » 30 May 2011, 18:22

Lewis was right saying Maldonado turned in a car-length too early.

Thanks Phil.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Powerslave
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Powerslave » 30 May 2011, 18:46

Hamilton's 100% at fault with his Maldonado accident (see the picture below). And, he was also 100% at fault with the Massa incidend at the Grand Hotel hairpin! After that in the tunnel it was Massa's fault because he decided to continue to race with his damaged car (by non other than L.H.).

A won't comment (again) the infantile interview Lewis gave to the BBC after the race, when he played the "race card" etc etc.......... &doh

P.S. As for the ban, (hypotetically speaking of course) if they think it was unneccesary, than at least they should've given him a 10 places drop at the next race (Canada). But disgracefully for the sport, L.H. was yet again left unpunished. They could've given him a reprimand and it wouldn't have made any difference. :blink:

^Where are you going Lewis??? :zz:

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 30 May 2011, 19:13

oh dear...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 May 2011, 19:14

Vorull wrote:oh dear...

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 30 May 2011, 19:18

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 May 2011, 20:55

@LewisHamilton: "Hey guys. I wanted to apologise 4 last weekends performance & also my comments after, I never meant to offend no1. I would also like to say thank u 2 everyone on here, 4 their positive messages & also 2 the angry messages. I can respect them both. 2 Massa & Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended u. Both of u r fantastic drivers who I regard highly. 2 my fans lost & my fans won, I wish u nothing but love & happiness. God Bless u. Onwards & upwards, Montreal next. Lewis"

:)

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 30 May 2011, 21:43

JoostLamers wrote:@LewisHamilton: "Hey guys. I wanted to apologise 4 last weekends performance & also my comments after, I never meant to offend no1. I would also like to say thank u 2 everyone on here, 4 their positive messages & also 2 the angry messages. I can respect them both. 2 Massa & Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended u. Both of u r fantastic drivers who I regard highly. 2 my fans lost & my fans won, I wish u nothing but love & happiness. God Bless u. Onwards & upwards, Montreal next. Lewis"

With the greatest respect he called both of them stupid and their driving standards a joke. A tweet wont replace the damage because if he respected them he wouldnt have been so personal.

To be honest, let the FIA give him a reprimand/bollocking, and just get on with it now. Lets hope he doesnt play pinball in canada!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 May 2011, 21:58

A reprimande? That means a double penalty! That's a bit stupid, you can't penalise someone twice. And that would be just a reaction on all the exaggerated commotion.

And when an apology isn't enough anymore, what more can he do???

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 30 May 2011, 23:18

François wrote: I still say, in hindsight (which makes it is very easy), that Hamilton should've known better. He had been all over Schumacher's gearbox for several laps when he pulled that move, Schumi would've known he was there and fully expected that he should try something. On the other hand, there he goes trying to surprise Maldonado at the restart, I bet that surprised him alright! The guy had driven his best race of the year and was on course for some big and very much needed points, with the end basically in sight; he was probably more concerned with bringing it home safely than watching for a desperate overtaking attempt.

A move like that requires, at the very least, a bit of cooperation from the driver in front since Hamilton was never going to be fully alongside him (let alone in front!) before the corner. A quarter of a car length behind is still behind. Probably felt it might be his only opportunity, which was just untrue: Webber managed a clean pass on Kobayashi (of all people!) moments later, in a far less risky place, and I don't think the difference in car performance is bigger between RBR and Sauber than it is between McLaren and Williams. Had he waited just a couple more laps, he would definitely have had his chance. Had he fired a couple warning shots before trying, who knows, maybe Maldonado would've yielded just like Schumacher did. Maybe not.

A one-race ban? Don't be ridiculous. It was a mistake, not a deliberate attempt to shove someone out of the road.
i agree especially about getting to know the person you are racing against

geewhiz14
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by geewhiz14 » 31 May 2011, 04:41

Tik Tok: Lewis Hamilton Channels Ke$ha During the 2011 Monaco GP
http://bit.ly/koG2zp

:cool:
Football+Racing+Design+Travel: http://bouncebackabilitrix.wordpress.com
Architecture+Design+Arts&Crafts+Lifestyle: http://marjitecture.wordpress.com

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 31 May 2011, 05:42

Off-Topic: show
At least I think we can all agree this commotion is healthy for the forum: looking at the post counts, this has been the most discussed GP this year by quite some margin. :)

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 31 May 2011, 07:07

Interesting comments by Lewis

'Fascinatingly, he also revealed that his defiance began long before he spoke with reporters after the chequered flag on Sunday.

"I got hit (in the race) and my rear wing was hanging off and I was asked to come in and retire, and I refused," said Hamilton. "The first pitstop I was asked to pit and no one was there. So all the tension just boiled up."'

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 31 May 2011, 07:36

For me It´s Hamilton Fault on both cases, becuase he never was side by side with both drivers (Massa & Maldonado) when they came to the curve Hamilton only has half of the car side by side so its his fault and that why he gets 2 penalty from the Fia people, there its no discution there.

But i dont think he deserves a ban, maybe a warning or 10 grid penalty for his "joke".
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 31 May 2011, 08:16

Just watched Hamilton's onboard from Lap 68 (the mental crash). Oh my God its crazy :p

Also, someone said Hamilton caused that mess, but from the onboard you can see that he tried passing Sutil and Sutil stayed on the line and really didn't give Hamilton an option. Alguersuari was a bit too hot into there, whilst Petrov was just plain unlucky.

Powerslave
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Powerslave » 31 May 2011, 08:18

JoostLamers wrote:@LewisHamilton: "Hey guys. I wanted to apologise 4 last weekends performance & also my comments after, I never meant to offend no1. I would also like to say thank u 2 everyone on here, 4 their positive messages & also 2 the angry messages. I can respect them both. 2 Massa & Maldonado, with the greatest respect I apologise if I offended u. Both of u r fantastic drivers who I regard highly. 2 my fans lost & my fans won, I wish u nothing but love & happiness. God Bless u. Onwards & upwards, Montreal next. Lewis"

It's too late for him to appologize now (though it was expected). The damage was done and we can't just erase his dreadful 'Monaco 2011' performance from our memories. His post-race comments? Never! They will hunt him for the rest of his F1 career, just like all the controversies he made this last 4 years...

"No offence but..." and then he offends them all. Jeez! &doh