2015 FORMULA 1 PIRELLI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ

Season 2015 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
KevC

Post by KevC » 22 Jul 2015, 20:31

Hungaroring
Lap length 4.381km (2.722 miles)
Race laps 67
Race distance 293.527km (182.389 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’19.071 (199.461 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
Fastest lap 1’18.436 (201.076 kph) by Rubens Barrichello, 2004
Maximum speed 295kph (183.304 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and second straight
Distance from grid to turn one 610m

Schedule
Friday 24th July 2015
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 9:00-10:30)
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 13:00-14:30)
Saturday 25th July 2015
Hungarian Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 11:00-12:00 (UK time: 10:00-11:00)
Hungarian Grand Prix Qualifying: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)
Sunday 26th July 2015
Hungarian Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 13:00)

Previous Winners
2014 Australia Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault Hungaroring
2013 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2012 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2011 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2010 Australia Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
2009 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2008 Finland Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes
2007 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2006 United Kingdom Jenson Button Honda

Berger on board 1991

Phillipe Streiff on board 1986

Facts and Figures from the last race

Lewis Hamilton became the seventh driver in Formula One history to win his home race three times – something even his idol Ayrton Senna never managed.

Nigel Mansell and Jim Clark both scored five wins on home ground – for Mansell, one of those wins came in the European Grand Prix when it was held at Brands Hatch.

Hamilton has a long way to go to match the all-time record of nine home wins, held by Michael Schumacher. However he had the advantage of usually having two home races per year during his time in F1.

Hamilton set a new record for leading 18 races in a row when he took the lead on lap 19.

Massa and Bottas both took turns in the lead, becoming the first non-Mercedes or Ferrari drivers this year to do so. Massa has now led races in ten consecutive seasons, but despite his excellent start on Sunday he remains the driver with the worst performance on lap one so far this year, losing a total of 13 places.

Hamilton’s pole position was his eighth of the season. That’s a new personal best for him – he set seven in 2008, 2012 and 2014. It also means he has more pole positions than any driver racing in Formula One today – 46 to Sebastian Vettel’s 45. Hamilton also equalled Vettel’s tally of fastest laps, setting his 24th.

This is the third time in his career Hamilton has set four pole positions in a row, but he has never managed five or more. However it was the 20th consecutive pole position for Mercedes. Four more for them will equal the all-time record for a team – and if Hamilton sets them all he’ll equal the same record for drivers.

Hamilton has out-qualified Rosberg eighth times out of nine races so far this year. The only other driver with as good a record is Romain Grosjean , who has consistently out-paced Pastor Maldonado.

However Hamilton is not the only driver on a hot streak. Vettel has finished in the points for the last 20 races in a row, which includes his last 11 starts for Red Bull. He needs seven more to reach the record held by team mate Kimi Raikkonen.

Finally, Fernando Alonso scored his first point of the year, with tenth place.

Current Standings

mileso
Donator
Donator

Re: 2015 FORMULA 1 PIRELLI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ

Post by mileso » 24 Jul 2015, 21:31

0 posts on the British Grand Prix. 0 posts so far for the Hungarian Grand Prix. Is this a trend? Is it going to be another Hamilton snoozefest?
Where have all the Lewis fans gone? When Vettel was wining these boards were full of vitriol and people wishing for Vettel to crash.
I'm about to queue up FP 1 and FP2. No anticipation, just wondering how much I can fast forward through.

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 24 Jul 2015, 22:25

It's different, Vettel was destroying his teammate and wasn't dominating this much. This nowdays is ridiculous...

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 25 Jul 2015, 09:07

mileso wrote:0 posts on the British Grand Prix. 0 posts so far for the Hungarian Grand Prix. Is this a trend? Is it going to be another Hamilton snoozefest?
Where have all the Lewis fans gone? When Vettel was wining these boards were full of vitriol and people wishing for Vettel to crash.
I'm about to queue up FP 1 and FP2. No anticipation, just wondering how much I can fast forward through.
Actually there was 2 pages from the British GP. But we lost the database :p

FP3 has started.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 26 Jul 2015, 12:09

Yaaay this looks like another one worth watching!

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 26 Jul 2015, 19:40

Rosberg whining about Ricciardo. Nevermind that he tried to squeeze him and Ric just didn't back off. This guy doesn't deserve anything better than the 8th place he got - just drove a subpar race below his car's performance level (as he does every so often) and then came out worse in an incident which he didn't even try to avoid.

Watch how RIC hasn't publicly spoken ill of Hamilton on the other hand (as far as I know, at least). Now that's some class to go along with his superb driving skills. Really would've enjoyed a fight between him and Vettel for P1, although on merit Seb was really the man of the day.

If only this was a sign of more problems to come for Mercedes then we might have a slightly more entertaining end to the season.

Also, I don't understand why Grosjean got penalty points added to his tally for... an unsafe release? Is that a driver error now?

Vlad-SRB
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vlad-SRB » 26 Jul 2015, 21:59

What a race!!!

Human at Sight,
Monster at Heart!

sermilan
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sermilan » 27 Jul 2015, 09:16

François wrote:Also, I don't understand why Grosjean got penalty points added to his tally for... an unsafe release? Is that a driver error now?
Agree, another stupid rule that needs to go.

A trully interesting race for a change :). Too bad for Kimi though, it was probably the best performance he's had this year, he deserved the podium.
Somehow, Kimi always wakes up in the second part of the championship (or at least I have had that feeling for a long time). Let's see if he manages to keep his place at Ferrari.

KevC

Post by KevC » 27 Jul 2015, 13:42

sermilan wrote:Let's see if he manages to keep his place at Ferrari.
Seems like Bottas is a done deal so I don't think he will keep it.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 27 Jul 2015, 13:58

There's some sort of inevitability to it. Ferrari's future isn't Kimi and Bottas will likely receive other offers at some point.

As for me I've seen enough of Kimi anyway. Same with Jenson and 'Nando, I mean it's 2015 for Christ's sake. How many talented F1 hopefuls are being left on the sidelines? Not to mention a set of rules designed to ensure that the field will probably never be back to 26 cars as it should. Who's to say that there will even be 20 seats available next season?

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 27 Jul 2015, 18:39

François wrote:There's some sort of inevitability to it. Ferrari's future isn't Kimi and Bottas will likely receive other offers at some point.

As for me I've seen enough of Kimi anyway. Same with Jenson and 'Nando, I mean it's 2015 for Christ's sake. How many talented F1 hopefuls are being left on the sidelines? Not to mention a set of rules designed to ensure that the field will probably never be back to 26 cars as it should. Who's to say that there will even be 20 seats available next season?
I agree with most of what you say. Alonso still has major skills, just no car to drive. As for Jensen, Kimi, Grosjean, Maldonado, Perez and even Massa these guys should be gone. The buying of seats has always been a bad idea and holding on to a spot when you know you can't compete is bad for the sport. I understand there is a risk of having a bunch of drivers in their teens playing smash up on the track but even that would be better than watching has-beens and second-raters plod around the track.

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 27 Jul 2015, 18:53

As I watched the Free Practices and Qualifying I had a suspicion that Ferrari was play acting a bit. We tend to get a bit caught up in the BS constantly screaming from the idiot commentators about who is going fastest in the FP's. No points are scored for that just more stupid hype. That start by both Ferrari's was pure power and the start by both Mercedes shows the inevitable cracks that happen when there is no team.
Both Hamilton and Rosberg are not very good at fighting adversity especially when they spend so much energy fighting each other.
I think Ferrari has very nearly closed the power gap to Mercedes. The second half of the season should be interesting, to say the least.