Rally de Portugal 2012

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally de Portugal 2012

Post by Suomileijona » 02 Apr 2012, 08:24

phil1993 wrote:Hirvonen excluded, Ostberg wins!
::oops:; ::oops:; :<>: :<>:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 02 Apr 2012, 13:07

Citroen ImageImageImage Me too can't understand how can they mess up with clutch and turbo Image

Well, now Ketomaa get two points instead of one. In an interview he said a voice in his head tells him to retire from WRC. I can understand that. He has not really had much of a change to show his skills in WRC. He has been a privateer from 2000 to 2007. Did take part only four Finnish rallies and one Swedish rally. 2008 he drove six rallies for Sernaglia Motoring Club and one for Subaru Rally Team Japan. 2009 he was again privateer taking part only Finnish Rally. 2010 he was in S2000 driving six rallies for Shanghai FCACA Rally Team. In 2011 HJ-Autotalo.com sponsored him to Finnish rally. And now he is a privateer again and four rallies to go this year. No wonder he "hears" voices :(

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 02 Apr 2012, 15:33

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/norjala ... 70593.html (in Finnish)
Norwegian driver believes : Hirvonen can get the victory back

Published: 02/04/2012 14:19

Experienced Norwegian driver Henning Solberg believes that Portuguese Rally results may change yet again.

Citroën makes a protest about Mikko Hirvonen's disqualification and hopes to get the top position back. At present the situation is that Portuguese Rally winner is Norwegian Mads Östberg.

Petter Solberg's big brother Henning Solberg thinks that Citroen's appeal can be approved.

- I am a bit suspicious. When Citroën complains, it is not yet the time to shout hooray.

- I do not think that the last word has yet been said in this issue. French are the toughest in the world, when you start to jiggle with the rules, Henning Solberg says in Norwegian Verdens Gang's web magazine.

The last time a Norwegian driver won the WRC rally was in Wales 2005, when Petter Solberg was number one.

- This is not the way how Mads wants to win. This is not his last victory, and certainly not the biggest.

- I do not know. When Citroën makes a complaint, I'm not so sure of the result, 110 WRC rallies driven Henning Solberg thinks.

Janne Aittoniemi

JoostSchouten
kart driver
kart driver

Post by JoostSchouten » 03 Apr 2012, 10:45

My video of this spectacular rally!

Watch my video in HD1080 at Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVpum9hv8S4&hd=1

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 03 Apr 2012, 15:16

Thank you very much, Joost! Great video! :) :hug: :thumbsup:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 03 Apr 2012, 18:48

Thanks for the video Joost :thumbsup: Interestingly if Citroen's protest does not go through Petter Solberg is only 4 points behind Loeb. He would be in good position to fight for WDC, and he has won it already once and did well with his own team too. Does not look too good for Latvala :( but good for Petter. He is a good driver.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 03 Apr 2012, 20:40

Citroën's appeal has been withdrawn.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rallye/Actualites ... pel/274735 (French)

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 04 Apr 2012, 10:15

Sleenster, thank you very much for the pictures!! :) :hug: :thumbsup:

reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by reppo » 04 Apr 2012, 18:21

Wilson still trusts Latvala. Jari-Matti has until mid season to prove he is worth number 1 driver. I have started to loose my trust. It just happens too often that he looses his self confident. When he is relaxed everything goes well but under pressure he becomes error prone. Must be something psychological. :(
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98580
Jari-Matti Latvala offered to relinquish Ford number one status after Portugal crash
By David Evans Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 10:27 GMT

Jari-Matti Latvala, Ford, Portugal 2012Ford team director Malcolm Wilson has revealed that Jari-Matti Latvala was ready to give up his number one status in the squad following his third mistake from four rallies in Portugal last week.

The Finn crashed out of the lead of the Rally of Portugal on Friday. With Sebastien Loeb already out, a victory would have played Latvala right back into the fight for this year's World Rally Championship. Latvala's team-mate Petter Solberg also crashed, but he returned to finish third and is now closest to series leader Loeb; Solberg trails the Frenchman by four points while Latvala is 38 down on the defending champion.

Wilson declined the Finn's offer to support Solberg and says Latvala retains his full support.

"Jari did actually offer [to step down as number one]," said Wilson. "He said he accepted that maybe the time had come [for a change of tactic]. But the way out of this is to give him as much support as I possibly can - and that's what I intend to do. For me, he's the only driver in a straight fight who can take the fight to Sebastien and beat him. And, for us to win championships, we have to win rallies.

"Granted, three mistakes from four rallies is not good, but again he has proved he's the quickest guy at the moment and I've been in the sport long enough to know that it's coming. There's nothing to say he's not going to win the next four rallies – it's happened in the past. Remember when Colin [McRae] went a very long time without finishing a rally and then, bang, he won three rallies on the trot in 2001."

Wilson added that the key to Ford's season now was to remain together as a team.

"This shouldn't have happened," said Wilson, "but I know that Jari's got the ability to bounce back and the most important thing is that we are a team. If we suddenly start splitting within the team then we are finished and we will not have that happen. It's times like this that he knows he can rely on me and the team around him."

While Wilson continues to support Latvala, he says he will reassess the team's tactics at the mid-point of the season based on the championship position.

"The strategy doesn't change," he said. "If we do [get to the mid-point of the season] and the situation is the same then of course we will change."

ETNiES
car driver
car driver

Post by ETNiES » 04 Apr 2012, 22:16

Terrible what they did on Mikko.. I think if they check 1 car they should have to do every single car that finished the rally. I don't think the problems they found made any performance difference to that car anyway, very unfair.

Suomileijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suomileijona » 05 Apr 2012, 09:29

ETNiES wrote:Terrible what they did on Mikko.. I think if they check 1 car they should have to do every single car that finished the rally. I don't think the problems they found made any performance difference to that car anyway, very unfair.

I totally agree! :<>: :(