A1GP Memorial Thread

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

A1GP Memorial Thread

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 21 Sep 2009, 18:05

Calendar revealed, the season is about to start. So I think it's time for a thread.

[pre][s]25 October 2009 Australia[/s]
15 November 2009 China
06 December 2009 Malaysia
28 February 2010 South Africa
14 March 2010 Brazil
21 March 2010 Mexico
11 April 2010 Portugal
02 May 2010 Germany
16 May 2010 The Netherlands[/pre]

phil1993

Re: A1GP Season 2009 - 2010 Discussion

Post by phil1993 » 21 Sep 2009, 18:27

LOL The series used to be good, but now its just not. 3 races in Europe, come on! Not one in GB :roll:: talk about suicide

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 21 Sep 2009, 19:14

Bring back Zolder !

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 21 Sep 2009, 19:19

Errr Major problem is by the time people get behind(used to) it ... the season gets over :lol:

Rumors : Ferrari not willing to supply engine this season :zz:

Spa would be awesome boost :cool:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 21 Sep 2009, 19:24

Zack wrote:Spa would be awesome boost :cool:
Yup, any F1 related track would be a boost. And also, PLEASE BELGIAN EXQI SPORT. YOU HAVE A CONTRACT WITH A1GP, SO USE IT ! AND SHOW THE RACES L-I-V-E ! :<>:

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 24 Sep 2009, 15:07

A1 GP Calendar should be extended... we want more GPs , we want something similar to F1 in terms of racing not in terms of scandals and problems :p

as the guys said we need more European Gps , we want less road-tracks ..

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 Sep 2009, 12:35

In Australia, we have a conflict of interest in regard to broadcast right for the Surfers Paradise Race.
The rights to all races are as follows:
Fox Sports Australia: Live Qualifying and Race
Channel Nine: 1-hour highlights the following Sunday.

But the Surfers Paradise race is tied in with the V8 Supercar Series, broadcast by Channel Seven- who hold exclusive qualifying and race rights for the series. Now the question is:
Who broadcasts what? We can only wait and see....

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 27 Sep 2009, 16:03

Financial Future of A1GP World Cup of Motorsport Secured

London, 25 September. A1GP World Cup of Motorsport will be starting Season Five in just over a month with the Nikon SuperGP on 22 to 25 October and a financial restructuring has been put in place to secure its long term future.

A1GP Chairman, Tony Teixeira, has outlined his plans for the series having secured the full financial package necessary to see it grow over the next three to four years. “I wanted to announce this re-financing a long time ago, but the reason it has taken longer than I planned was the size of the package. I could see no reason to look for a one year deal, it had to be for at least three to four years until such a time as the series is independent. This way we can make sure everyone involved in the series has the necessary security and the series is totally creditable.”

Teixeira is also working closely with his major partners and suppliers to ensure their continued support. “I shall be meeting all of them personally in the next couple of days. I want them to understand this is a series that is here to stay on the motorsport scene, and they need to know their involvement is with a series that is going from strength to strength.”

The way Teixeira sees the series now is as starting with a totally clean sheet with a re-structuring that has no outstanding issues that can hold back its growth: “We have always put on a fantastic show and this is only going to get better.” However, he was also realistic about the adverse publicity that the series has received, and was quick to reassure all those involved that many of the stories were very wide of the mark. “I have seen all the stories written over the past few weeks doubting the future of the series, and these are not new to me as I have seen them at the start of every one of our four seasons. These are not things I like to read and I feel frustrated that I cannot always come out and explain exactly what we are doing, but, as you know, we have always delivered every season and race we have committed to,” he said.

The series has recently announced a new deal with IMG Sports Media to market its worldwide media rights for the next three years and also the Season Five calendar. Teixeira is now working on further deals, and in the coming weeks the grid for the race in Surfers Paradise will be announced after final deals have been put in place.

The one outstanding issue that will be dealt with soon is the liquidation of A1 Grand Prix Operations Limited, that was a subsidiary of A1 Holdings Ltd. Administration for this company has now been applied for and this will be heard on the 6th October. Teixeira’s message to all of the company’s creditors was: “Our intention is to settle all our outstanding creditors prior to the administration hearing, and would like to thank them for their patience and support.

“We at A1GP have been so lucky to have such loyal support from all our stake holders - management and staff, race promoters, team owners, partners, suppliers, TV rights holders, sponsors and last but not least our fans”.

src: A1GP Press Office

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

watadam
car driver
car driver

Post by watadam » 05 Oct 2009, 20:46

A1GP has the potential to be great but it is yet to deliver.

phil1993

Re: A1GP Memorial Thread

Post by phil1993 » 17 Oct 2009, 06:44

A1GP cancels opener
A1GP has called off its planned opening rounds in Surfers Paradise but series boss Tony Teixeira insists the championship is not dead.

Next weekend's Australian races had long been in doubt given the uncertainty over the championship's future during the summer, and today A1GP confirmed that it would definitely not make it to Surfers.

"I want to personally apologise to the people affected by this regrettable but unavoidable decision," said Teixeira.

"The Queensland Government, Gold Coast Motor Events Co, the management and chairman of the event have been patient and supportive of us in the past weeks.

"We were proud to be part of what has become one of the world's most iconic motorsport events, and are devastated at the decision we have had to make. We also know the Australian motorsport fans are very protective of this event and had welcomed us with open arms. To them I also apologise and stress that we wanted to put on a show for them that they would never forget."

A statement from the series said that the cancellation of Surfers was due to the knock-on effect of A1GP Operations Ltd, the championship's operating arm, going into liquidation.

"One effect of the UK operating arm of the series going into liquidation in June was that access to the cars and the ability to pay its suppliers has been impeded," said the statement.

"What should have been a summer upgrading the machinery in time for the first race of the 2009/10 season has turned into a frustrating time for achieving this."

Teixeira remains adamant that the cancellation of Surfers does not mean the end of A1GP. The series was scheduled to race at Zhuhai in China three weeks after its Australian rounds.

"We have recently announced 19 teams who were ready to race in Australia," said Teixeira. "I know they are still committed to racing in our unique series that pits nation versus nation.

"A1GP may be down, but I do not accept we are out. We have had four exciting seasons that have proved we are a force in the sport and now we shall consolidate on what we have achieved to date.

"My efforts will be on finding a way forward with the support of some very loyal people."
Or in other words, the series is dead. Many people know this but Teixeira won't admit it

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 17 Oct 2009, 12:11

R.I.P A1GP :wave:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 17 Oct 2009, 14:00

RIP A1GP.

Looks like Surfers Paradise will be V8 Supercars only :( (Maybe GP2 Asia should come here next year :) )

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Nov 2009, 13:10

A1GP cancels China and Malaysia

Thursday, November 5th 2009, 09:50 GMT

The Chinese and Malaysian rounds of A1GP have been cancelled because the series' rescue package has not materialised in time.

The scrapping of the races at Zhuhai and Sepang follows the cancellation of the opening round at Sufers Paradise in Australia last month.

This week's AUTOSPORT magazine reports that A1GP's administrator is hoping to sell the entire fleet of cars to someone wanting to continue the series, although the cars will need to be modified to meet the FIA's latest head-restraint and side-impact regulations.

Several key A1GP personnel have now left the company and the series' equipment has been put into storage after the lease on its hangar at Silverstone expired last week.
Game Over :(

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 05 Nov 2009, 13:14

Zack wrote:

The Chinese and Malaysian rounds of A1GP have been cancelled because the series' rescue package has not materialised in time.

The scrapping of the races at Zhuhai and Sepang follows the cancellation of the opening round at Sufers Paradise in Australia last month.

This week's AUTOSPORT magazine reports that A1GP's administrator is hoping to sell the entire fleet of cars to someone wanting to continue the series, although the cars will need to be modified to meet the FIA's latest head-restraint and side-impact regulations.

Several key A1GP personnel have now left the company and the series' equipment has been put into storage after the lease on its hangar at Silverstone expired last week.
A1 Grand Prix of Nations
(2005-2009)

"Ambitious but rubbish"
Flag:## R.I.P. Flag:##

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Nov 2009, 13:19

cformula1 wrote:
Zack wrote:

A1 Grand Prix of Nations
(2005-2009)

"Ambitious but rubbish"
Flag:## R.I.P. Flag:##
It was NOT rubbish. I enjoyed and sometimes more than F1 :(

Management and Administrator of A1GP were incompetent.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO