Re: F1 2009 Analysis Discussion

Post by sato113 » 02 Dec 2009, 20:45

all i say is Bring on 2010!

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 03 Dec 2009, 14:45

About the FIA Gala story, I checked both local and online eurosport tv guide's. And non of them says there's a FIA Gala tomorrow. Are you sure it's tomorrow, Phil ?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Dec 2009, 18:59

The FIA Gala is on Friday 11th December 2009

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 04 Dec 2009, 19:03

phil1993 wrote:The FIA Gala is on Friday 11th December 2009
Oh okay fine. Thanks mate

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 06 Dec 2009, 19:57

I downloaded the FIA DVD and I have to say I like him. Especially the extras where you don't have the usual onboard lap. But lots of new camera positions from race starts, accidents, ... Really funny. I also like the new team radios F~0~M included in this DVD.

Some say it's the worst one ever, I think it's quite good
Last edited by Tom Vandenhove on 07 Dec 2009, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 07 Dec 2009, 16:00

Tom Vandenhove wrote:I downloaded the FIA DVD and I have to say I like him. Especially the extras where you don't have the usual onboard lap. But lots of new camera positions from race starts, accidents, ... Really funny. I also like the new team radios F~0~M included in this DVD.

Some say it's the worst one ever, I think he's quite good
Off-Topic: show
:huh:

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 07 Dec 2009, 16:08

sdutt wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:I downloaded the FIA DVD and I have to say I like him. Especially the extras where you don't have the usual onboard lap. But lots of new camera positions from race starts, accidents, ... Really funny. I also like the new team radios F~0~M included in this DVD.

what ? I made a mistake with writing error there ? k fine sorry

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 07 Dec 2009, 16:15

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
sdutt wrote:

i am sorry Tom :( , i had no intention of making you angry or feel bad. i was just pulling you leg

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 07 Dec 2009, 16:34

sdutt wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:
sdutt wrote:

i am sorry Tom :( , i had no intention of making you angry or feel bad. i was just pulling you leg
nvm. It's just a long story ...

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 12 Dec 2009, 07:39

phil1993 wrote:The FIA Gala is on Friday 11th December 2009
I am afraid we all were wrong again... And nothing on the TV guide for next week as well

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Dec 2009, 07:58

Er, no we're not, It was last night. Look harder in the TV guide (early hours of the morning)

Button and Brawn collect silverware
Jenson Button and Brawn GP were officially presented with their world championship trophies on Friday evening, as the annual FIA Gala in Monaco provided the grand finale for a dramatic 2009 Formula One season.

Button and Ross Brawn picked up the silverware for the drivers’ and constructors’ titles respectively, whilst Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and Brawn’s Rubens Barrichello took the stage to collect their second and third place trophies.

It was a season of records for all of those on stage. With Button having won six of the first seven races of the championship, Brawn became the first team to claim the constructors’ title in its debut season.

“I am honoured to be here in Monaco this evening to collect the drivers’ championship trophy and to see my name engraved alongside the famous racing legends of the past,” said Button. “Motor racing has been a part of my life since my father bought my first go-kart at the age of eight and to have achieved my dream of becoming world champion makes me incredibly proud.

“This has been a fantastic year for myself and Brawn GP. Just 23 days before the start of the season, we didn't even know if we would be at the first race and now I am the world champion with the team winning the constructors' championship. Everyone at the team deserves our success so much.”

Brawn team principal Ross Brawn, who will continue to lead the squad next year under the new ownership of Mercedes, added: “This has been an incredible year for Brawn GP. To live the trauma of the winter months and make it to the grid for the first race and then to achieve eight Grand Prix victories and the constructors’ and drivers’ championships in our first year was inconceivable before the season started.

“On behalf of the team, it is a great honour to receive the constructors’ championship trophy this evening and I look forward to taking the trophy back to Brackley to share with our team. I would like to thank Jenson and Rubens for the spirit in which they fought for the drivers’ championship this year, all of our staff at the factory in Brackley for their hard work and dedication, and Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart and Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines in Brixworth for the support that they have given us since the start of the year and the superb engine that they provided.”

Vettel, at age 22, became the youngest drivers’ championship runner-up in Formula One history. And Barrichello, at age 37, attained his fourth top-three finish in the drivers’ championship, whilst maintaining his position as the most experienced driver in F1 history, having competed in 288 races and counting.

Collecting his trophy, Vettel, who won four Grands Prix this year, said: "It is a great honour for me to be here in Monaco at the FIA Gala to receive this award. Of course, as a sportsman, coming second is never your target, but we can be happy with what is nevertheless a great result. For the team, it was a fantastic season - its best ever - and the credit goes to everyone at Red Bull Racing, both at the race track and back in the factory. We are very proud of what we have achieved and it will motivate us to try and do even better next year.”

Barrichello, two times a winner in 2009, commented: “It was a great season for everyone at Brawn GP. We had a really fun year together that will remain in our memories forever and it’s good to be here this evening to see Ross collect the constructors’ championship trophy on behalf of the team.

“I’m really pleased to have played my part in securing the title for the team with the two wins in Valencia and Monza and the podium and points finishes in what has been one of my strongest seasons in Formula One. The team were superb all year, producing and developing a car which gave me the opportunity to return to winning ways, and maintaining their belief through the difficult times. We fully deserve our Championship success and it was a real privilege to be part of such a strong team.”

Alongside the FIA champions, two trophies were presented for best promoter and best race broadcaster. The Race Promoters’ Trophy went to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix for providing Formula One racing with a state-of-the-art circuit in a stunning setting and for organising the first-ever twilight race.

The award was collected by His Excellency Abdulla Khouri, Board Member of the Yas Marina Circuit, who commented: “I’m honoured to receive this trophy on behalf of the Yas Marina Circuit and the many organisations and people back in Abu Dhabi who were involved in organising the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. I thank all of those who supported us and helped to make our event such a success, which led to receiving this prize here in Monaco.”

The twilight concept and the spectacular setting of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix also proved popular with television viewers across the world. Formula One Management took the Television Trophy for its outstanding coverage of the event, with the award presented to F~0~M TV Director Dean Locke.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 12 Dec 2009, 08:03

phil1993 wrote:Er, no we're not, It was last night. Look harder in the TV guide (early hours of the morning)
Hmmm .... Are you sure they broadcast it live then ? Nothing popped up on the big websites (videos) so

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Dec 2009, 08:07

My TV guide says its on British Eurosport (which I can't get) either tonight at about 11.55pm or tomorrow night at that time

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 12 Dec 2009, 08:13

The FIA Gala will be broadcasted on Eurosport from 00:00 to 01:00 AM (GMT+1) on 13 december 2009 (that's sunday evening)

Source : http://www.tvgids.nl/programma/8802627/Autosport/

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 14 Dec 2009, 11:27

Guess the F~0~M have a contract with The Prodigy.. After they used Smack my b*** Up in the 2005 FIA Gala clip, Invaders Must Die in the 2008 one and Firestarter in the Brazilian Grand Prix highlights a few months ago, they now used Omen and Thunder in their 2009 Gala clip.

You don't see me crying... I am extremely happy with that :D