No votes

Total votes: 47

dragoneak
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Rate the 2009 Italian Grand Prix

Post by dragoneak » 14 Sep 2009, 19:55

1 - Best Driver - Rubens Barrichello
2 - Best Team - Brawn GP ( great tactics )
3 - Best Overtake - None
4 - Best Moment - Second pit stop of Kimi and Adrian ( It was funny )
5 - Worst Driver - Hamilton ( he had good racing but his crash was very rookie )
6 - Worst Team - Williams
7 - Best Rookie - Grosjean
8 - Biggest Surprise - Sutil's 4th place. I thought he will be higher
9 - General Comment - For me it wasn't good race. BMW Sauber was very fast on this circuit but Robert had problem with engine in the qual and with oil in the racing. It was disappointedly .
I still learn English. Please forgive me all mistakes. If I make any mistake just please tell me.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2009, 21:40

shämito wrote:
joostlamers wrote: He drove a great race.. a great weekend, and this thread is not just about the race, it says Grand Prix, so you should take the FP and Q into account as well, he scored pole, a brilliant result. A shame you (shämito) rate on 1 lap, on 1 result, without looking at his performance over the whole weekend...
I think results matters and even Kovalainen scored more points than him :thumbsup:
While it's true that a race can't be won on the strength of one corner, and that a race can be lost on one corner, I think Joost is fundamentally correct in saying you have to consider the whole weekend. One error can cap the weekend, but Hamilton's weekend up until that point was very good (arguably he had the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th> best car, so quantify his performance by whichever you think is correct) and I agree that since Hamilton has nothing to lose as he's not a title challenger, the mistake can be forgiven in light of the rest of the weekend, and doesn't necessarily make him the worst racer of the day.

(This is just my opinion. Not trying to change anyone's opinions. :thumbsup: )
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Scuderi
car driver
car driver

Post by Scuderi » 15 Sep 2009, 08:05

1 - Best Driver: Rubens Barrichello
2 - Best Team: Brawn GP
3 - Best Overtake: Trulli vs. Glock for one or two laps? :)
4 - Best Moment: Hamilton's crash
5 - Worst Driver: Nico Rosberg
6 - Worst Team: Scuderia Toro Rosso
7 - Best Rookie: Vitantonio Liuzzi
8 - Biggest Surprise: Brawn GP winning the Grand Prix

9 - General Comment: It was an exciting race, until the second pitstops there was a lot of confusion who would win the race. I was hoping for Kimi, but great for Rubens of his former home-grandprix for Ferrari. It was great that Hamilton crashed, so Kimi stood on the podium. :shhh:

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 15 Sep 2009, 12:35

1 - Best Driver - Sutil , Liuzzi
2 - Best Team - Brawn , Force India
3 - Best Overtake - huh ?
4 - Best Moment - Vettel into points :p
5 - Worst Driver - I'm not sure if there was any1 that was worst among them all
6 - Worst Team - none :p
7 - Best Rookie - Liuzzi
8 - Biggest Surprise - Mark out of the race on 2nd chicane , Lewis out of the race on last lap !

9 - General Comment - Race ended faster than expected , not quite good race to mention , less action than usualy , i would like to comment on FIA not cause am a Mark Webber fan but its everyone who is on championship fight get Jynxed and screwed up ... from kimi to Alonso to Lewis to Felipe to Webber now , when webber was released in pits he got drive through , German GP Webber almost touching rubens while defending he got a drive through , Vettel crashed with Nick on Australia 10 grid slot .. 1rst lap accident between Robert Kubica and Mark Webber no action taken ? Button and the guys accident @ spa 2 .. what is happening ?

tristan1117
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tristan1117 » 15 Sep 2009, 19:47

1 - Best Driver: Barichello
2 - Best Team: Brawn
3 - Best Overtake: Glock on Trulli
4 - Best Moment: Hamilton crashing
5 - Worst Driver: Grosjean and Nakajima
6 - Worst Team: Red Bull
7 - Best Rookie: ?
8 - Biggest Surprise: Liuzzi

9 - General Comment Good race, and fun to watch, good overtaking (except for the Toyotas) and a pointless last lap crash.