2009 ING Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2009 Belgian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 29 Aug 2009, 15:27

Jenson Button
3%
Rubens Barrichello
3%
Mark Webber
12%
Sebastian Vettel
15%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Lewis Hamilton
20%
Kimi Raikkonen
37%
Jarno Trulli
2%
Timo Glock
2%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 59

phil1993

Re: 2009 ING Belgian Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 05:38

Don't think so.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 05:39

I watched just after Radillon, but the other side of the big Allianz Bridge on the Kemmel straight. Walked on track after and found a chunk of tyre which might be from LH's car

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 06:51

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
joostlamers wrote:So 2 British drivers out.. Phil won't be happy :zz:
I hope phil was at the outcome of Kemmel straight ... as I told him :D
It was packed there, the first empty place was by the Allianz bridge

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 07:19

Totopupu wrote:But Hamilton is a bad driver and McLaren cheat a lot. So, they have been penalized last year for cutting.

And Raikkonen is a good driver in the best team. So, why they must been penalized??????????

:confused:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 07:32

Totopupu wrote:[mod]totopupu has been Banned for 7 days ~ Iceman1[/mod]
Finally :lol:

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Lemans3 » 01 Sep 2009, 09:58

the reason for me to start this issue was simply because I remembered Kimi doing the same a few years ago in the McLaren in turn 1.
I guess he had planned to do this already before the race - and I believe that even the amount of meters to cover is bigger that it is an advantage.
first of all you'll be "out of the melee" with all the cars, and second I feel the exit from the "off track" part is better than from the track itself.
In the McLaren it worked out well for Kimi, and I think he just likes it to run this way.
Still I believe the FIA should look into this a bit better.

Last year during the battle with Hamilton Kimi also ran wide (on purpose) to gain more spain in my opinion.

shail69 wrote:
AzShadow wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:Just one question ... why is everybody crying about Kimi ? Button went wide as well ! :zz:
Because Button is British and Kimi won the race. Again, many drivers go wide in that corner each year but it's just when their hated driver wins that the outrage starts.
its just because people dont care about the slow guys behind.. :lol: :p

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 01 Sep 2009, 10:21

Lemans3 wrote:I guess he had planned to do this already before the race
+1
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 01 Sep 2009, 10:28

I think the solution would be put grass or kerbs there (like in curves 4-5 in Valencia) ... then, if you want to avoid a crash you can run wide but you cannot take advantage....

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 01 Sep 2009, 12:54

phil1993 wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:
joostlamers wrote:So 2 British drivers out.. Phil won't be happy :zz:
I hope phil was at the outcome of Kemmel straight ... as I told him :D
It was packed there, the first empty place was by the Allianz bridge
Ah, that sucks man :( But I hope hope you enjoyed it !

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 13:28

Yeah, the noise was incredible... and I could see other bits of the track as well because of how high up we were... next time we are not going by coach, they got us to the track at 10.30am, just in time for GP2. So annoying, we also had to leave early on Saturday :( before the end of GP2 and we didnt see FBMW or the first 2 Sunday races...

Also, with the coaches, they all meet at Dover on the way out and Loon-Plage (Near Dunkirk) on the way back, as people come from different areas of Britain and are going to different locations on holiday (Amsterdam, Paris, Spa) and luggage, people need to be transferred and this was meant to happen at 1.30pm Yesterday for a 2pm departure time. All coaches were there except one and as there were people on that coach that needed to transfer to others - and people who needed to board that coach, the other 15 coaches waited, and waited and waited until about 2.40 when the coaches got the hurry up to go as we learnt that the other coach we were waiting for had broken down. We then had to sit in lots of traffic (UK Bank Holiday, lots of day trippers) and our ferry was meant to depart at 4.10pm. Our coach JUST made it by about 5 minutes (even though the boat journey was hellish, lots of screaming children, although it was Force 1 out at sea, rather than Force 8 on the way there (not pleasant). All the other coaches that left behind us missed the ferry and had to wait until 6.30pm, 2 and a half hours later and some people had to go all the way to Newcastle which meant they would not get home until 4.30am rather than the stated 2am... very unpleasant for them.

Also, the coach was always really hot, it took us 3 and three quarter hours to go 100km because of track traffic and I had the most annoying woman from Liverpool sat in front of me moaning about everything, to do with that she was wearing the wrong things, uncomfortable, people being late (this was when someone was 2 minutes late, ironic, because she herself had been 5 minutes late the previous day) so I gave her a nickname of 'Princess' because she acted like one all the time.

At the track, I'm slightly annoyed that they still dont do a slow down lap at Spa, yeah, the track is long, but the fans deserve to see the drivers after the finish and we see it on tracks that are also a similar length (in time) to Spa...

But I walked up Eau Rouge :D very steep!!! And Coulthard came past me on a buggy when I was walking :) and Lewis waved towards my direction as I had my flag out :D I went to the scene of where he crashed and found a chunk of tyre (maybe 2 inches x 2 inches or slightly smaller) which might have come from his car - but no bodywork :p

Definitely grandstand tickets next time :lol: And take our own food. Lunch was £15 for 3 burgers although our hotel charged nearly 10 euros (9 euro 90) for a Croque Monsieur (Ham and cheese sandwich) which was ludicruous as it was only 4 slices of toast to make 4 sandwiches... not much for the price!!!

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 01 Sep 2009, 13:53

phil1993 wrote:Yeah, the noise was incredible... and I could see other bits of the track as well because of how high up we were... next time we are not going by coach, they got us to the track at 10.30am, just in time for GP2. So annoying, we also had to leave early on Saturday :( before the end of GP2 and we didnt see FBMW or the first 2 Sunday races...

Also, with the coaches, they all meet at Dover on the way out and Loon-Plage (Near Dunkirk) on the way back, as people come from different areas of Britain and are going to different locations on holiday (Amsterdam, Paris, Spa) and luggage, people need to be transferred and this was meant to happen at 1.30pm Yesterday for a 2pm departure time. All coaches were there except one and as there were people on that coach that needed to transfer to others - and people who needed to board that coach, the other 15 coaches waited, and waited and waited until about 2.40 when the coaches got the hurry up to go as we learnt that the other coach we were waiting for had broken down. We then had to sit in lots of traffic (UK Bank Holiday, lots of day trippers) and our ferry was meant to depart at 4.10pm. Our coach JUST made it by about 5 minutes (even though the boat journey was hellish, lots of screaming children, although it was Force 1 out at sea, rather than Force 8 on the way there (not pleasant). All the other coaches that left behind us missed the ferry and had to wait until 6.30pm, 2 and a half hours later and some people had to go all the way to Newcastle which meant they would not get home until 4.30am rather than the stated 2am... very unpleasant for them.

Also, the coach was always really hot, it took us 3 and three quarter hours to go 100km because of track traffic and I had the most annoying woman from Liverpool sat in front of me moaning about everything, to do with that she was wearing the wrong things, uncomfortable, people being late (this was when someone was 2 minutes late, ironic, because she herself had been 5 minutes late the previous day) so I gave her a nickname of 'Princess' because she acted like one all the time.

At the track, I'm slightly annoyed that they still dont do a slow down lap at Spa, yeah, the track is long, but the fans deserve to see the drivers after the finish and we see it on tracks that are also a similar length (in time) to Spa...

But I walked up Eau Rouge :D very steep!!! And Coulthard came past me on a buggy when I was walking :) and Lewis waved towards my direction as I had my flag out :D I went to the scene of where he crashed and found a chunk of tyre (maybe 2 inches x 2 inches or slightly smaller) which might have come from his car - but no bodywork :p

Definitely grandstand tickets next time :lol: And take our own food. Lunch was £15 for 3 burgers although our hotel charged nearly 10 euros (9 euro 90) for a Croque Monsieur (Ham and cheese sandwich) which was ludicruous as it was only 4 slices of toast to make 4 sandwiches... not much for the price!!!
Thnaks for the summary, enjoyed reading it.. Glad you had a wonderful time in the circuit while not so wonderful time elsewhere :p

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 14:06

yup, you summed it up perfectly there shail :p

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 14:11

Also, we stopped at a chocolate factory on the way back and there were free samples, and I tried lots (5 - quite a few) and just to make sure I tried them again, then again :p nearly ate a whole box by myself :lol:

Also, Tom, how close is Louvain to where you live?

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 01 Sep 2009, 14:49

Chocolate factory ? Do you mean the Côte d'Or in Wavre ? :D
phil1993 wrote:Also, Tom, how close is Louvain to where you live?
At about 15 km. I think

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 01 Sep 2009, 14:54

No, a place called PJ's which I have no idea the exact location, but close to the motorway somewhere near Nieuwpoort in the North.

And our hotel was opposite the Stella Artois factory :lol: