Other
2%

Total votes: 62

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2009 Gran Premio de España Telefonica

Post by harrisv48 » 10 May 2009, 18:35

What we see today proof what happen in the past when the Rubens has for team meat Michael in Ferrari.... is Ross how doing all the dirty job who win and who loss! :<>: Same on you Ross :<>: :<>:

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 10 May 2009, 18:57

joostlamers wrote:Ross hasn't got any respect for Rubens, it's a disgrace he didn't allow Rubens to win. Very weak to do it like this, Rubens has already been in that position (Aus, 2001).
jeez. why has ross brawn not let him win? yeah button is winning, but rubens is part of the team too! and there's only been 5 races, they need to give him a freaking chance. that really peed me off.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 May 2009, 19:09

Ross Brawn: "If you look at the lap times on the tyres and the fuel, there was a period of the race where he was a lot slower than expected," explained Brawn. "And that's what cost him the race because Jenson on more fuel was quicker." When asked if he was worried that Barrichello had believed team orders had been used, Brawn said: "I hope not, because we're not. You saw at the first corner that there are no team orders. Rubens made a great start and got past Jenson. I'd love to see Rubens win a race and see his crew win a race because it would be great for the team. There is no priority being given." Speaking about Barrichello feeling unhappy after the race, Brawn added: "It's natural. Any driver who gets beaten and is happy is not a driver I want in the team.

Nick Fry: "Obviously he [Button] was shorter on fuel than Rubens, and we assumed he would pull away at the front and build a bit of a gap. When that didn't happen, it was necessary to split them. It was something that we had talked about a lot before the race anyway. It was something we had planned for, and it turned out to be the best. We were a little bit worried about [Felipe] Massa and [Sebastian] Vettel, for Rubens that is, and that faded when they both came into the pits together. That was a bit of a surprise as we thought Vettel was going to go a bit longer than that. I don't know if they did that deliberately or that was the plan."
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 May 2009, 19:26

Rachael-The-Great wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Ross hasn't got any respect for Rubens, it's a disgrace he didn't allow Rubens to win. Very weak to do it like this, Rubens has already been in that position (Aus, 2001).
jeez. why has ross brawn not let him win? yeah button is winning, but rubens is part of the team too! and there's only been 5 races, they need to give him a freaking chance. that really peed me off.
Yes! If you want a driver to win, you don't switch from a 2 stop, to a 3 stop. Ross and Nick can say whatever they want, I'm just not gonnan believe them :p . He was heavier then Jenson and far more quicker in the 1st stint. Then why chance to a 3 stopper if you 'want' Rubens to win :huh:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 10 May 2009, 19:34

joostlamers wrote:
Rachael-The-Great wrote:
Yes! If you want a driver to win, you don't switch from a 2 stop, to a 3 stop. Ross and Nick can say whatever they want, I'm just not gonnan believe them :p . He was heavier then Jenson and far more quicker in the 1st stint. Then why chance to a 3 stopper if you 'want' Rubens to win :huh:
exactly! surely which ever of their drivers is in front, they want them to have the best chance of winning not the other driver (i know Button was 2nd but thats not the point). from what i see, they were trying help Button win, even though Rubens was in front of him. what was the point?! the Constructors Championship would still be the same, they would still have a Brawn 1-2! the only difference would be, Rubens would be catching Button up in the Drivers Championship, which isnt a bad thing if they 'want' him to win races.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 May 2009, 19:37

Remember guys, Ross would rather Jenson have 41 than 39, as he is expecting others to catch up and has noticed mistakes from other teams (McLaren 07, Ferrari 08) where they have had 1-2s with Driver 2 leading home Driver 1 (Ham-Alo US 2007; Rai-Mas Spain 2008) and have then lost the title by 1 point, so he's gone with Jenson, and I'm supporting Brawn (not just as he went to my school :p) but because he is making the right decisions rather than having no number 1.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 10 May 2009, 19:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlPrj9a88ME

Rubens, let's change the strategy to let Button pass for the championship please.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 10 May 2009, 19:45

phil1993 wrote:Remember guys, Ross would rather Jenson have 41 than 39, as he is expecting others to catch up and has noticed mistakes from other teams (McLaren 07, Ferrari 08) where they have had 1-2s with Driver 2 leading home Driver 1 (Ham-Alo US 2007; Rai-Mas Spain 2008) and have then lost the title by 1 point, so he's gone with Jenson, and I'm supporting Brawn (not just as he went to my school :p) but because he is making the right decisions rather than having no number 1.
But then they shouldn't lie and say: "We wanted Rubens to win." And all that c**p talk afterwards :O
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 10 May 2009, 19:47

my point exactly. why do they say that when their decisions totally don't reflect it.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 10 May 2009, 19:52

I don't have many problems with it. Its better for Brawn for Button to win, and Rubens would have won if he was fast enough. Rubens apparently said to the Speed Channel after the race "If I knew the team favoured Jenson over me I'd retire" (words to that effect, see James Allen site).

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 10 May 2009, 20:00

I wonder if you guys would have a problem with it if it was Rubens having 4 wins and Button being second. :O

The situation sounds more like McLaren-like hypocrisy to me. At least Ferrari is honest when they use team orders.

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by harrisv48 » 10 May 2009, 20:02

AzShadow wrote:I wonder if you guys would have a problem with it if it was Rubens having 4 wins and Button being second. :O

The situation sounds more like McLaren-like hypocrisy to me. At least Ferrari is honest when they use team orders.

That's for sure! :thumbsup:

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 10 May 2009, 20:07

Face it though, that's what Ruben will always be...a good teammate and a good number 2 unfortunately. Saw this online:
The Brazilian veteran finished second to Brawn Mercedes teammate Jenson Button in Spain, after the team decided to switch the championship leader to a two stop strategy.

Barrichello, who passed Button at the first corner and led early, remained on his three-stopper. "I had the race in my hands and I was quite surprised when they told me they were switching Jenson to two," the 36-year-old said.

"I would like to understand why they changed that," he added, explaining that his third set of tyres also slowed him down.

For six years at Ferrari, Barrichello was Michael Schumacher's 'number two', ceding to team orders on many occasions, including the infamous radio call of the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix.

"If that happens I won't follow any team orders anymore," Barrichello told reporters in Barcelona. "I'm making it clear now so everyone knows."

The intimation is that Brawn deliberately changed Button's strategy to favour the championship leader over Barrichello, but Button denies it is the case.

"We are all here to win, and today it just went my way and it didn't for him," the Briton said. "It could swing around for the next race, that's the way things go in F1."
Last edited by HandoZiZle on 10 May 2009, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 May 2009, 20:08

HandoZiZle wrote:Face it though, that's what Ruben will always be...a good teammate and a good number 2 unfortunately.
Like Kovalainen huh?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 10 May 2009, 20:10

Ali wrote:
HandoZiZle wrote:Face it though, that's what Ruben will always be...a good teammate and a good number 2 unfortunately.
Like Kovalainen huh?
Yup him and Piquet hahaha.