2009 Chinese Grand Prix

Who will win the 2009 Chinese Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 19 Apr 2009, 01:26

Jenson Button
33%
Rubens Barrichello
10%
Lewis Hamilton
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Timo Glock
5%
Jarno Trulli
6%
Felipe Massa
7%
Kimi Raikkonen
10%
Fernando Alonso
4%
Nico Rosberg
4%
Robert Kubica
8%
Sebastien Vettel
7%
Other (Specify in thread)
1%

Total votes: 84

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Chinese Grand Prix

Post by blizzard » 19 Apr 2009, 10:44

Hamilton should get a 1/10 rating today.

Like a headless chicken. Overtaking 5 people and spinning 5 times.

World champion eh? He can´t lick Senna´s boots!

Once again today the weakness of the current field was exploited. Vettel winning this race and Webber second shows just, that no all time great is in this field. No Senna, no Schumi, no Mansell, no Prost, no Lauda not even a Mika Häkkinen.

Alonso is one of the top 20 of all time yeah, but since he rejoined Renault he´s surprisingly weak in the rain.

And the rest...well Vettel is really good but far far far away from beeing a Schumi.

Ayrton or Michael would have done a Donington 93 - Barcelona 96 performance today.

I miss the 90´s ! :(

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Apr 2009, 10:44

Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 19 Apr 2009, 10:49

Like I said, it's his own opinion, but I can't correct you that it's biased. :lol:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Apr 2009, 10:51

blizzard wrote: Once again today the weakness of the current field was exploited. Vettel winning this race and Webber second shows just, that no all time great is in this field. No Senna, no Schumi, no Mansell, no Prost, no Lauda not even a Mika Häkkinen.

It all comes down to what we like to see. Personally I don't see anything fun with it if one driver wins every race by one minute. I like competition and racing that this season has gave us exactly that. There are always drivers who are better than the others. It's hard to compare to the past drivers when they're not driving anymore. The cars are a lot different too so it's not so easy to say how good someone could have been.

I still think that Vettel is currently the rain master. He's done well in wet conditions, no matter if he's had a good car (today) or a worse one (Monza 2008, Fuji 2007). In Fuji he could have won too but lost it because of Hamilton's braking maneuvers.

There's been brilliant wet performances from Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton in the past years but they don't seem to do so well with bad cars. Kovalainen's been notably consistent too. A very good drive in Fuji 2007, technical failure hindered him in Monaco last year but today again a faultless race for him.

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 19 Apr 2009, 11:00

Any news about Massa's stop ? no more Fuel left for example which i believe it is the prob ...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Apr 2009, 11:09

fettemieze wrote:Heidfeld said on German TV that Sutils left or right rear suspension broke.
It look like right* rear suspension just broke. ..not sure.
sejtur wrote:Like I said, it's his own opinion, but I can't correct you that it's biased. :lol:
I m free to express my opinion on this opinion. :O
Jaguar wrote:Any news about Massa's stop ? no more Fuel left for example which i believe it is the prob ...
That look like engine or drive shaft or Electrical failure.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 19 Apr 2009, 11:11

Haukinen wrote:
AzShadow wrote:Wonder how Heidfeld would know that.
''hmm'' :lol:
Donr forget that hiedfiels was behind sutil at the last sint and was trying to get pasr...remember..
HE might have seen the rear pert of the car then ..

And about massa i dont think it was due to lack of fuel, he was fueled very heavy,he was scheduled to stop when heikki stopped.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 19 Apr 2009, 11:14

shail69 wrote:
Haukinen wrote:
Donr forget that hiedfiels was behind sutil at the last sint and was trying to get pasr...remember..

And about massa i dont think it was due to lack of fuel, he was fueled very heavy,he was scheduled to stop when heikki stopped.
Wasn`t it Hamilton ?!?

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Apr 2009, 11:22

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090419130731.shtml wrote: However the rain increased just minutes from the end and, on worn tyres, Sutil was unable to catch his car from aquaplaning off the track and into the barriers.
Sounds to me like a driver mistake.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 19 Apr 2009, 11:41

"Fantastic" Bourdais say that today the race must no have been start because of the rain. Ah ah ah... I like this driver
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 19 Apr 2009, 11:47

MP4/4#12 wrote:
shail69 wrote:
Haukinen wrote:

Wasn`t it Hamilton ?!?
Hamilton was infront of Sutil and at that time Heidfield was behind Sutil and Glock behind them. But when Hamilton made a mistake he slotted in behnd Sutil..

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Apr 2009, 12:07

Buemi was really very strong ...without those few unfortunate incidents i think may be Podium was possible. He has so far totally out class ..performed his teammate. Impressed :D

Kubica + KERS = HILARIOUS :rofl:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Apr 2009, 12:14

rerun of the race on bbc1 now

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 19 Apr 2009, 12:18

blizzard wrote:Hamilton should get a 1/10 rating today.

Like a headless chicken. Overtaking 5 people and spinning 5 times.

World champion eh? He can´t lick Senna´s boots!

Once again today the weakness of the current field was exploited. Vettel winning this race and Webber second shows just, that no all time great is in this field. No Senna, no Schumi, no Mansell, no Prost, no Lauda not even a Mika Häkkinen.

Alonso is one of the top 20 of all time yeah, but since he rejoined Renault he´s surprisingly weak in the rain.

And the rest...well Vettel is really good but far far far away from beeing a Schumi.

Ayrton or Michael would have done a Donington 93 - Barcelona 96 performance today.

LOL best read of the day ^^^^ hamilton spins 5 times deserves 1 point, get real he spun however many times pushing it to the limit yet he still finished in 6th i expect 5th was the best outcome possible for him but yes he deserves 1 point your right, cheap shots out of the way why dont you comment on your favoured team and drivers performance of the race, how much excitement did they bring to the table.... nothing.

fantastic drive by vettel/webber and the rest of the field today a shame for sutil thought he was gonna be rewarded for effort and for the team, anything confirmed about the problem with massa car.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 19 Apr 2009, 12:20

Zack wrote:Buemi was really very strong ...without those few unfortunate incidents i think may be Podium was possible. He has so far totally out class ..performed his teammate. Impressed :D

Kubica + KERS = HILARIOUS :rofl:
i dont know anything about buemi career but he does seem like he definatly deserves that seat he doing great so far, i reckon kubica just wants to forget about this race.