2009 Chinese Grand Prix

Who will win the 2009 Chinese Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 19 Apr 2009, 01:26

Jenson Button
33%
Rubens Barrichello
10%
Lewis Hamilton
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Timo Glock
5%
Jarno Trulli
6%
Felipe Massa
7%
Kimi Raikkonen
10%
Fernando Alonso
4%
Nico Rosberg
4%
Robert Kubica
8%
Sebastien Vettel
7%
Other (Specify in thread)
1%

Total votes: 84

phil1993

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 Chinese Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 19 Apr 2009, 12:27

blizzard wrote:fantastic drive by vettel/webber and the rest of the field today a shame for sutil thought he was gonna be rewarded for effort and for the team, anything confirmed about the problem with massa car.
Judging from the onboard shot I'd say hydraulics failure

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 19 Apr 2009, 12:32

It's not hydraulic but electric problem : Massa says that
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Apr 2009, 12:38

Ferrari PR wrote: F1 : 2009 China - Ferrari - Formula 1 Sunday report
Source - Ferrari Media
Sunday, 19 April 2009

Formula One report - In China, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro has yet again ended a race with no points to its name.

Weather: air temperature 20 °C, track temperature 22/21 °C, rain.

K. Raikkonen: 10th, 1:59.15.235 + 1.31.750, 56 Laps
F. Massa: R, 46.32.964 Lap 21, 20 Laps
Chassis: K.Raikonen 276, F. Massa 275

In a race run entirely in the rain, Kimi Raikkonen finished tenth, while Felipe Massa retired on lap 21, when lying third, because of an electrical problem.

Stefano Domenicali:
“Today, we are very annoyed about what happened to Felipe. He was driving an amazing race, when an electrical problem saw the engine die. He was third at the time and even though he had a heavy fuel load, he was lapping in the same time as the fastest and he would have almost certainly finished the race on the podium. Kimi switched his strategy, going from a two to a one stop, but he could not get higher than tenth. On his first set of tyres, his pace was reasonable, but with the second he suffered constantly from a lack of grip which kept him out of the points. The great shame is that at a time when technically we are not at our best, once again we failed to capitalise on circumstances. Now we look towards next weekend’s race in Bahrain in a realistic frame of mind, the car will be the same as here, even though we will look at running the KERS again. In the meantime, we have to work intensively on getting the new aerodynamic components to the race track, when the European part of the season gets underway in Barcelona.”

Felipe Massa:
“Obviously, I’m very disappointed and a bit upset but my motivation is still intact. All of us must work together to get out of this situation. The team is united and there is a real will to turn things round as soon as possible. We should quickly be getting some significant aerodynamic developments, but it’s true we also have to sort out as soon as possible our reliability problems, because if we want to win, first we have to finish the races. Today, I was in with a good chance of getting on the podium. I was third and lapping in the same times as the leaders, even though I had enough fuel on board to go for a one stop. The car was going well, except when running behind the Safety Car, at those times, there were a few moments when the power seemed to drop. Then, without warning, the accelerator would not work and the car went quiet. I would say to our fans that they should not give up on us, as this is a difficult moment, but the championship is still long.”

Kimi Raikkonen:
“In the early stages, it wasn’t too bad but then, after my stop, I lost grip from the tyres and I was no longer able to push as hard as I wanted, because it meant the car was sliding a lot. A few times, the engine seemed to lose power, especially when I found myself close behind other cars, but then the problem went away on its own. Clearly the championship situation looks very difficult. We have made mistakes and we are not quick enough. In Barcelona, when we will have new aero parts, we should be able to pick up some of the grip we are lacking now. I am sure we can be competitive enough to win again but this work will take time. The team is motivated, I’m sure of that and we will all do our bit. Now it is easy to criticize, but we know how to turn things round.”

Chris Dyer:
“We embarked on the race with the two drivers on different strategies and with the rain and the safety car periods, we managed to get ourselves into a good position, especially with Felipe, who at one point was third with a lot of fuel on board. Unfortunately, a software management problem meant the engine cut out and forced him to retire. It’s a real shame, because we could have got a good result. Right from the start, Kimi complained about the lack of visibility when following others and several times that the engine power was dropping due to the water, but above all he suffered with a lack of grip after his stop. In the meantime, we changed his strategy and he was unable to get any higher than tenth. Once again we’ve had reliability problems which prevented us from picking up valuable points.”
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 19 Apr 2009, 12:58

phil1993 wrote:
blizzard wrote:fantastic drive by vettel/webber and the rest of the field today a shame for sutil thought he was gonna be rewarded for effort and for the team, anything confirmed about the problem with massa car.
Judging from the onboard shot I'd say hydraulics failure
it think its offical the electrics, he must be well peeved.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 19 Apr 2009, 13:02

I had resaon

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Apr 2009, 13:12

What is worrying is the easyness in which the tyres fly off - Australia with Kubica, China with Vettel, and that is a real danger for drivers and people in the grandstands

columbo77
kart driver
kart driver

Post by columbo77 » 19 Apr 2009, 13:26

phil1993 wrote:What is worrying is the easyness in which the tyres fly off - Australia with Kubica, China with Vettel, and that is a real danger for drivers and people in the grandstands
Yes I agree, also the safety aspect is being compromised with this safety car scenario.By the time the safety car has picked up the leader and formed a nice neat chain of order, a few race marshals could be flattened by the cars charging round to catch up the back of the pack, or unlapping themselves.Or we get the confusion factor ie Buemi nearly taking out Vettel on his out lap.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Apr 2009, 13:31

1. J.Button 21pts (2 wins)
2. R.Barrichello 15
3. S. Vettel 10 (1 win)
4. T.Glock 10
5. M. Webber 9.5
6. J. Trulli 8.5
7. F. Alonso 4
8. N. Heidfeld 4
9. H. Kovalainen 4
10. L. Hamilton 4
11. N.Rosberg 3.5
12. S. Buemi 3
13. S.Bourdais 1
14. A. Sutil 0
15. F. Massa 0
16. K.Raikkonen 0
17. G.Fisichella 0
18. K.Nakajima 0
19. R.Kubica 0
20 N.Piquet 0

1. Brawn 36 (2 wins)
2. Red Bull 19.5 (1 win)
3. Toyota 18.5
4. McLaren 8
5. BMW 4
6. Renault 4
7. STR 4
8 Williams 3.5
9. Ferrari 0
10. Force India 0

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Apr 2009, 13:33

columbo77 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:What is worrying is the easyness in which the tyres fly off - Australia with Kubica, China with Vettel, and that is a real danger for drivers and people in the grandstands
Yes I agree, also the safety aspect is being compromised with this safety car scenario.By the time the safety car has picked up the leader and formed a nice neat chain of order, a few race marshals could be flattened by the cars charging round to catch up the back of the pack, or unlapping themselves.Or we get the confusion factor ie Buemi nearly taking out Vettel on his out lap.
yeah, I know, by the time the SC is out, the marshals have recovered the car. And the SC is deployed when the leader has just gone through, so they wait a lap, which is pointless. the tyre thing is the main concern. all you need is the one that fell off sutil's car to bounce irregularly or go through a small gap in the safety fence. Or what if a crash happens at monaco/singapore and the wheel flies off?

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 19 Apr 2009, 13:37

I think the SC rule must changed : I like the last year rule who penalized drivers and team who have no fuel but it was great for us

Majkel
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Majkel » 19 Apr 2009, 13:41

was it? I didn't like it :P
Sutil in China :>

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 19 Apr 2009, 13:45

Majkel wrote:was it? I didn't like it :P
Sutil in China :>
whoops, sorry &doh
I think the SC rule must changed : I like the last year rule who penalized drivers and team who have no fuel but it was great for us
Well, that was just unfair. :O

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 19 Apr 2009, 13:54

phil1993 wrote:
Well, that was just unfair. :O
Which is why it was fun.. :p But I agree, is is a tad too unfair to implement again.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Apr 2009, 13:59

BMW stopped developement of last years car early in order to work on this year at a time when they were still in a position to help Kubica to towards a WDC , this car doesn't seem to have delivered any benefits at all.

According to Stefano Domenicali switch its development focus onto the 2010 car as early as next month if its fortunes do not improve dramatically in the next few races.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74644

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 19 Apr 2009, 14:12

But BMW is good this year although today : Kubica can win in Australia and he make great quali with many fuel in Sepang