2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by MrPonx » 03 Apr 2009, 10:23

Still lying? listen to the ausio file after the 4th minute!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 978935.stm

doesn't he know that the audio recording (pit wall-to-lewis) was made available to public????

this is really disgusting!

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 03 Apr 2009, 10:35

Lewis Hamilton apologises
"I went into the meeting wanting to tell the story and I was misled. I was instructed and misled by my team manager to withhold information and that’s what I did. I sincerely apologise to the stewards for wasting their time. I’m very sorry for the situation. Sorry to all my fans, who have believed in me. Who I’ve showed you I am the past three years is who I am, I’m not a liar, I’m not a dishonest person, I’m a team player and every time I’ve been informed to do something I’ve done it. This time I realise it’s a huge mistake and I’m learning from it. It’s taken a huge toll on me.

“This is the worst thing I’ve experienced in my life and that’s why I’m here, because it’s right for me as a human being and as a man to stand up here in front of you all and tel you exactly what went on and say how sorry I am. I’m sorry to the team, to my family for the embarrassment.

I’m sure that the FIA will act accordingly and in the right way.”
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 03 Apr 2009, 10:58

I don´t care if he apologizeses or not, I don´t accept his apology. Pure hypocrisy.
He´ll cheat again, no question and this apology means nothing to him, it´s just for the media.

And to blame another person for your own mistakes is worse than lying.
As if he´s a 5 year old child, who folows instructions by his dad and doesn´t think on his own.
Yeah right...

The sweet thing is, with Brawn´s good car this season, it could be a fellow Brit, who knocks him off his fecking perch. I´d love it, love it!

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 03 Apr 2009, 11:09

Hamilton and McLaren are stupid : all cars have cameras, all pit communication, all overtake can be see after the race and they cheat ?!?
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Apr 2009, 11:11

It still sounds like Hamilton and the rest of the team are just trying to wash their hands off this and blame it all on one team member. And if Hamilton obeys everything the team orders him to do, it means that he's just as much involved in the dishonest actions as the team is. By doing that Hamilton gives the impression that he's ready to win at all costs, even if it's achieved in dishonest and unfair ways. Probably tells something about his values.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 03 Apr 2009, 12:18

There's something odd in this statement. Lewis tells that he was in hurry so that he couldn't make a just decision. Accordingly he was "misled" because he was a team player and should follow team orders (Hungary 2007?).

Well, what about after the race or Monday or Tuesday? Lewis had lots of time to re-think the situation and may well and truly decide that he was wrong about what he had done so apologise before FIA's reinspection. Why didn't he do this? Because 3rd place is a valuable asset which he can't refuse even in the expense of dignity. And now he told us that he was sorry? Thank you, I won't buy it. If he was truly genuine, he would have confessed it right after the race.

I can understand why Hamilton lied. This is very human-ish, we all do when we stuck into trouble. But I can't understand and accept why Hamilton kept his silence all week. Will he still tell the truth if FIA didn't re-open the case? That's the question to be answered.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

alper206
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alper206 » 03 Apr 2009, 12:33

mclaren is really the dirtiest team I've ever seen in F1... and together with hamilton, it makes the perfect combination!!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Apr 2009, 12:55

By the way, we've soon reached 100 pages in this topic and it's just the first grand prix of the season. Probably tells how eventful it was. Even though the GP was chaotic last season too, the race topic still reached only 32 pages. Last year there was 104 pages in Spa topic for obvious reasons and 98 pages in the thrilling Brazilian GP title decider. The community is growing larger each year. :)

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 03 Apr 2009, 13:38

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74209 wrote: Alonso: McLaren has lied before

Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso has joined the controversy over McLaren's handling of the Australian Grand Prix incident, saying it is not the first time the team has not been honest with the FIA stewards.

The Spaniard, who drove for McLaren in 2007 before leaving after his relationship with the team went sour, said this week's situation had reminded him of the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix.

Back in qualifying for the Budapest race, Hamilton was unable to complete his final run after being forced to wait behind Alonso at their final stop for tyres.

Alonso was then waved to leave the pits, but he waited for some 10 more seconds before he got moving. Hamilton, leading the championship then, had to wait behind the Spaniard and then crossed the finish line when the time had run out.

McLaren said the incident had been triggered by Hamilton disobeying team orders to let Alonso pass at the start of the third qualifying segment.

The incident led to Alonso and Hamilton facing the stewards, and the Spaniard and the team eventually being penalised, with the stewards refusing to accept the team's explanations of the incident.

Speaking to Spanish media on Friday, just a day after controversy erupted over the team lying to the stewards in Australia, Alonso suggested McLaren had not been honest in Hungary back in 2007.

"Of course it reminded me of 2007," Alonso, now at Renault, was quoted as saying by the Spanish media. "It's not the first time they go to see the stewards. It's not the first time they lie to the stewards and, sooner or later, they had to be punished.

"Of course there I lost the championship by a point and in Hungary they played a bad trick on me.

"I read about it on Thursday in the hotel, because I was there all day. I turned the computer on and I read it. Every time there are decisions taken against other teams you don't care too much and in this case it didn't change the result for me, so it didn't affect me too much."

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 03 Apr 2009, 13:43

AzShadow wrote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74209 wrote: Alonso: McLaren has lied before

Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso has joined the controversy over McLaren's handling of the Australian Grand Prix incident, saying it is not the first time the team has not been honest with the FIA stewards.

The Spaniard, who drove for McLaren in 2007 before leaving after his relationship with the team went sour, said this week's situation had reminded him of the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix.

Back in qualifying for the Budapest race, Hamilton was unable to complete his final run after being forced to wait behind Alonso at their final stop for tyres.

Alonso was then waved to leave the pits, but he waited for some 10 more seconds before he got moving. Hamilton, leading the championship then, had to wait behind the Spaniard and then crossed the finish line when the time had run out.

McLaren said the incident had been triggered by Hamilton disobeying team orders to let Alonso pass at the start of the third qualifying segment.

The incident led to Alonso and Hamilton facing the stewards, and the Spaniard and the team eventually being penalised, with the stewards refusing to accept the team's explanations of the incident.

Speaking to Spanish media on Friday, just a day after controversy erupted over the team lying to the stewards in Australia, Alonso suggested McLaren had not been honest in Hungary back in 2007.

"Of course it reminded me of 2007," Alonso, now at Renault, was quoted as saying by the Spanish media. "It's not the first time they go to see the stewards. It's not the first time they lie to the stewards and, sooner or later, they had to be punished.

"Of course there I lost the championship by a point and in Hungary they played a bad trick on me.

"I read about it on Thursday in the hotel, because I was there all day. I turned the computer on and I read it. Every time there are decisions taken against other teams you don't care too much and in this case it didn't change the result for me, so it didn't affect me too much."

Considering he had in his hands Ferrari's information when he was in McLaren and he wanted to use it... I don't know if he's the perfect man to talk about honesty..
He's the best driver in F1... but...

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 03 Apr 2009, 15:51

newtrex wrote:Even though I do not like Hamilton, I am absolutely disappointed with this decision. They could have given Hamilton 4th place and Truli 3rd place.
yeah, they could've just done that. I just think the FIA don't like him :lol:
i think this has been blown right out of proportion.
I'm not the happiest person about the decision, but no amount of arguing and complaining about the FIA will change anything. So i think, in the mean time, everyone should just look ahead and concentrate on Malaysia, including Lewis and the McLaren team.

LedFNZep
kart driver
kart driver

Post by LedFNZep » 04 Apr 2009, 01:05

With each new season F1 reminds me more and of government and corporate politics i.e. 1% racing 99% dumb a22s trying to see who has the biggest D#$% at the expense of the people.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Apr 2009, 04:14

AzShadow wrote:

Just two words .. Bitchy & Opportunistic :lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 04 Apr 2009, 06:35

Zack wrote:
AzShadow wrote:

Just two words .. Bitchy & Opportunistic :lol:
^^ very true, fernando is such an honest person ahhh bless him.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS Malaysian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 04 Apr 2009, 07:33

Hamilton apologising to the media and the public. (yesterday)
Here