2009 ING Australian Grand Prix

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2009 FORMULA 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Apr 2009, 15:55

phil1993 wrote:I'm not necessarily defending McLaren's actions - but its the misinterpretation here that could potentially decide a world championship. A fair result would be to keep the original points of Trulli 6, Hamilton 5.
Amen. Now let's race again!!!! Hamiltons disqualification is enough! No further actions!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 02 Apr 2009, 15:58

joostlamers wrote:
phil1993 wrote:I'm not necessarily defending McLaren's actions - but its the misinterpretation here that could potentially decide a world championship. A fair result would be to keep the original points of Trulli 6, Hamilton 5.
Amen. Now let's race again!!!! Hamiltons disqualification is enough! No further actions!
Yes, lets have a nice wet race and a Hamilton domination so the FIA can disqualify him again or punish him somehow :roll::

I expect the Brawns will be banned for being too yellow and therefore a health and safety hazard, Toyota and Williams for the diffuser, Renault for being French so that Ferrari will be 1-2 every time.

This is bad for the sport, we have a fairytale story in the sunshine of Australia, now we have more controversy; a great way to attract more fans!

- No new TV angles; strict TV regulation
- Expensive prices
- Diffuser row
- Wins/points controversy
- Toyota's DQ-ed from Quali
- Hamilton DQ-ed from race, 4 days after the chequered flag

And its only April 2nd!!!!

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 02 Apr 2009, 16:01

phil1993 wrote: Why can't we have good stewards who make proper conclusions, rather than amend the results a few days later. So the fans think that Hamilton has 6 points, only to be told later (4 days) that he hasn't.

I'm not necessarily defending McLaren's actions - but its the misinterpretation here that could potentially decide a world championship. A fair result would be to keep the original points of Trulli 6, Hamilton 5.
I'm sure some fans were also disappointed to see Trulli on the podium on TV only to be demoted out of point positions. It goes both ways. That's why I think that with Hamilton these things are blown out of proportion because if there had been any other driver in question, it wouldn't have been such a drama. But with Hamilton it just always seems to be.
phil1993 wrote: What I'm saying is that whilst the actions cannot be defended, it seems that nothing can be resolved fairly. The fair thing to do would be to reclassify LH 4th as it was a misinterpretation between McLaren and the Stewards, whilst the FIA have accused McLaren of 'lying', which they didn't do.
Have you read the FIA's statements? It says quite clearly there that Hamilton and McLaren gave false information when asked specifically about it.
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pr ... ision.aspx

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 02 Apr 2009, 16:03

AzShadow wrote:
phil1993 wrote: Why can't we have good stewards who make proper conclusions, rather than amend the results a few days later. So the fans think that Hamilton has 6 points, only to be told later (4 days) that he hasn't.

I'm not necessarily defending McLaren's actions - but its the misinterpretation here that could potentially decide a world championship. A fair result would be to keep the original points of Trulli 6, Hamilton 5.
I'm sure some fans were also disappointed to see Trulli on the podium on TV only to be demoted out of point positions. It goes both ways. That's why I think that with Hamilton these things are blown out of proportion because if there had been any other driver in question, it wouldn't have been such a drama. But with Hamilton it just always seems to be.
Yeah, thats because Hamilton is a racer and soooo paranoid now after last year that he let Trulli back through.

I hope Lewis is kicked out of F1 this year so people can see how poorer the sport is without him. He should do a real sport like GP2.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Apr 2009, 16:11

Audio: Hamiltons conversation with the team and the interview...

Code: Select all

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2009/Pages/f1_stewards_decision.aspx
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 02 Apr 2009, 16:14

So a fairer thing would be to punish the team rather than Lewis... maybe give Lewis WDC points but not McLaren the WCC points

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Apr 2009, 16:21

OnBoard with Trulli:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 979304.stm

Further action against Hamilton possible

Code: Select all

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090402145024.shtml
what a season :roll::

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Apr 2009, 16:50

I don't think the delay has anything to do with anything. The fact is, McLaren still acted as if Trulli had wronged them, and McLaren/Hamilton had not let Trulli past. No-one should be allowed to incriminate anyone else with misleading information. Yes its bad for the sport and the fans, but that's only because it's Hamilton and he has a lot of fans and a lot of detractors. If it was Trulli vs. Bourdais no one would give a sheet about the decision, no matter how early or late.

Justice is often a shaky word, but you're not meant to lie, or tell two different stories to different people, in order to get someone punished. Certainly not McLaren's finest hour, nor Hamilton' best overtake. I am sure we will see some fairly shaky decisions against people this season, probably more against Hamilton too. But this one is fairly clear cut and needs to be done, no matter about the image of the sport. If McLaren went unpunished, it would be like letting Wayne Rooney foul as many people as he likes without booking, simply because people like him, which clearly shouldn't happen (not that that stopped him last night).
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Majkel
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Majkel » 02 Apr 2009, 17:55

Have you read the FIA's statements? It says quite clearly there that Hamilton and McLaren gave false information when asked specifically about it.
that's right! Hamilton wasn't punished for letting Trulli go, but for laying in front of the stewards!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Apr 2009, 20:01

Exactly. The actual slowing down was pretty insubstantial really (having now seen it - here it is if you haven't) and Trulli strictly COULD have stayed behind, although Hamilton was almost at a crawl. It was the contradictory and misleading statements intended to land Trulli in trouble and gain one measly point that McLaren sunk themselves with. I think Hamilton is fairly blameless in all this - he was the one being told what to say and do - he can't do much but follow the orders of his team. But as for McLaren generally, their reputation isn't really in the finest form at the moment, and deservedly so.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 02 Apr 2009, 20:08

This is a huge setback for McLaren. The problem is that Hamilton will have to share this emberassment though he seems to be innocent to me. That's an unacceptable mistake by such a team. I really can't believe how this evident reached that level. How come? Such a small issue got bigger and bigger from nowhere.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 02 Apr 2009, 20:09

mclaren knew that they make a mistake when order to hamilton to let pass trulli becuase the overtake from hamilton to trulli was ok and when they realize that try to hide truth about the order to let him pass.

trulli sads hamilton almost stops on track and he overtake during sc

trulli gets a penalty when stewarts ask to hamilton to what happen hamilton sads: i was loking at my display are no why trulli overtake....

the truth wtih audio its was and order to let trulli pass

and mclaren and hamilton lie to try to get more points by disc of trulli thats unfarir for trulli and for mclaren and penalty its right or maybe shorter are no.

but lie to try get advantage outside of the track its no good and deserves a penalty...like in 2007 or somebody thinks mclaren and hamilton are angels and tthe are plot against them.
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 02 Apr 2009, 20:43

this is absurd.......from 4th to 3rd then to nothing? a hefty fine would do, or just exclude the construtor's points.

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 02 Apr 2009, 20:46

phil1993 wrote:So a fairer thing would be to punish the team rather than Lewis... maybe give Lewis WDC points but not McLaren the WCC points
I think thats fair yes.
why is it such a big issue? i don't understand why he could be disqualified from the whole championship just for this...

ForzaSFM123
car driver
car driver

Post by ForzaSFM123 » 02 Apr 2009, 20:50

McLaren and Lewis took a chance and lied all for just one extra point. Had they not had all their points taken, chances are they would lie again.