No votes

Total votes: 72

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: FORMULA 1 2008 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 20 Oct 2008, 14:40

Zack wrote:
Ali wrote:Heikki is strong. No doubt about it. McLaren just didn't give him a chance, even a lighter car in Q3. He was forced to play a supporting role by fuelling heavy and testing tyres. Race by race, Heikki's mood also changed. He was cheerful at the beginning of the season now he's very much down. Lewis may be quicker than him, it's OK, but I don't think McLaren gave a chance Heikki to fight for the win.
Strong :huh: so far he has not shown any resistance to Ron Dennis orders.I don't want to say this but can't resist he has been on knees so far!.He should have showed some fight at least.I m afraid Heikki's Career is following DC's path.
While saying this, I meant he's a good driver. I don't make any reference to his personality. When you correct Q3 times by fuel load, I presume you'll see Heikki was not that slow. He's been always very heavy.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 20 Oct 2008, 14:53

I know Heikki had everything to lose but think about his honor .. i personally feel bad for him and very well aware of the current wdc table & scene doesn't represent his talent ... i loved how he raced against countrymen last year in Fuiji.I hope he regains everything next year ..which is quite a tough job considering he have put fight against his own team ... their is no other option or choice.

:laugh1:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4ACmk0jBM[/youtube]
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 Oct 2008, 15:47

Zack wrote: :laugh1:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4ACmk0jBM[/youtube]
Hehe..

"We know you're quicker, pass him." Nice one, Rod Nelson.. :)

EDIT: While we're all blasting Heikki, apparently he was given a mismatched set of tyres - proving that Mac don't really care too much about him any more, and that Hamilton is required to win this on his own.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 20 Oct 2008, 15:49

Flavio Briatore apologized to Lewis; A McLaren insider declared: “Briatore spoke to a Mercedes official, who he asked to convey his apologies to Lewis. Lewis has accepted the apology and, as far as everyone in the team is concerned, the matter is over and forgotten.”

First Fernando said he didn't care who would be next Champion, now Briatiore... Pretty silly if you ask me :p
PS. Briatore apologized before the race, not afterwards
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 20 Oct 2008, 16:10

I thought McLaren were famous for their attention to detail and how meticulous they are? Giving a driver a mismatched set of tyres is a terrible mistake,that could have had cataclysmic consequences if that happened to Lewis

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 20 Oct 2008, 16:18

TwistedArmco wrote:
Zack wrote: :laugh1:
[youtube].http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4ACmk0jBM[/youtube]
Hehe..

"We know you're quicker, pass him." Nice one, Rod Nelson.. :)

EDIT: While we're all blasting Heikki, apparently he was given a mismatched set of tyres - proving that Mac don't really care too much about him any more, and that Hamilton is required to win this on his own.
See no one blasting or taking Heikki!.Now on multiple occasion you have misunderstood fanboy'ism & bashing/blasting or whatever!. :p
Anyways,Mclaren's treatment to Heikki will be point to discredit Hamilton in future by non Hamilton supporters :laugh1:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 Oct 2008, 18:09

Well I seem to remember we were earlier, maybe not (I didn't check.. :p ), and quite a few people (including me until I heard what had actually happened) put him as Worst driver on the ratings page.

But Oh well, my bad.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 Oct 2008, 18:13

It's interesting for a team whose boss praises their discipline. Poor Heikki.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 20 Oct 2008, 19:37

swca92 wrote:I thought McLaren were famous for their attention to detail and how meticulous they are? Giving a driver a mismatched set of tyres is a terrible mistake,that could have had cataclysmic consequences if that happened to Lewis
I guess it's like when Schumacher had his personal team ensuring the reliability of his car, Hamilton enjoys similar treatment. When you think about it, all McLaren's technical problems this season have been on Kovalainen's car. If they really don't care about the other driver and WCC, then why bother bringing 2 cars to race at all?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Oct 2008, 21:07

2008 Chinese GP stats and facts - By Keith
Lewis Hamilton scored the ninth win of his F1 career and the first since he was stripped of victory in the Belgian Grand Prix. It was his fifth win this year, giving him one more than last year.

That gives him as many victories as Rubens Barrichello and Hamilton’s 13th pole position also matches Barrichello’s tally, along with Graham Hill, Jack Brabham, Jacky Ickx, Jacques Villeneuve and Juan Pablo Montoya.

It was his second ‘hat trick’ of win from pole position with fastest lap, the first coming at Fuji last year. That gives him as many as - you guessed it - Rubens Barrichello, plus eight other drivers.

Hamilton and Nick Heidfeld both passed the 200 points mark - Hamilton doing so after 34 starts, Heidfeld after 149. Ferrari, meanwhile, scored their 4,000th point, hitting 4007.5. McLaren are second on the all-time points tally with 3304.5.

One final Lewis Hamilton stat: he goes into the final round with a seven-point lead over Felipe Massa, the same lead he had over Kimi Raikkonen last year. However they do not have the added complication of a third driver in the title battle, Robert Kubica having dropped out of the running.

The current points system was introduced in 2003 with the intention of making championship battles closer. But were the previous points system being used, Hamilton’s advantage over Massa would be five points instead of seven.

McLaren scored their first Chinese Grand Prix victory.

Sebastian Vettel’s best-ever points-scoring streak came to an end after five consecutive races in the top eight.

Adrian Sutil suffered his 11th retirement of the season, three more than any other driver (second is Nelson Piquet Jnr with eight). It was his sixth mechanically-induced retirement, also three more than any other driver (Jarno Trulli, Heikki Kovalainen and Rubens Barrichello each have three).

The world championship will be decided at the final round for the third year in a row, and for the 25th time in F1’s 59-year history.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 20 Oct 2008, 21:13

Thanks for the stats iceman! :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 22 Oct 2008, 13:12