9 points: I loved it!
27%
8 points: Oh that was great!
27%
7 points: It was pretty good
13%
6 points: It wasn't bad
5%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
2%
4 points: It could have been a lot better
2%
3 points: I didn't really like it
No votes
2 points: It was awful!
No votes
1 point: BAD!!
No votes

Total votes: 63

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rate the 2008 Italian Grand Prix

Post by ScuderiaFan » 15 Sep 2008, 07:10

1-Best Driver : Vettel
2-Best Team : STR
3-Best Overtake : Massa on Rosberg
4-Best Moment : Vettel crossing the finish line
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team : Force india and thier drivers
6-Best Rookie : Vettel
7-Biggest Surprise : the top 3 podium won thier first GP in the same year

8-General Comment : really glad to see a young driver overt he top contenders with pole and race win in his wallet .. congrat to vettel and wanna see him joining the red team one day
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

teahouse27
kart driver
kart driver

Post by teahouse27 » 15 Sep 2008, 11:32

1-Best Driver Vettel what more you can ask pole win & domination
2-Best Team BMW & Renault (definetely)
3-Best Overtake Massa on roseberg do know why he was asked to give back the position (ferrari team sleeping read below)
4-Best Moment Podium and anthem (remind of so much in the past)
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team Coulthard & FERRARI when there is variables in a race the team sleep 30 enginners and 6 strategist and the pit wall
and they don't see/read the evolving of the situation.This year every time it rain or there was SC, they have completely messed up. THEY SLEEPING.
6-Best Rookie Bourdais time correction he would have been 4 or 5 and not counting when he has to give space as lapped one
7-Biggest Surprise Heifield & Alonso went for inters they pitted 2 and 3 laps after kimi and lewis this it what they should have done
8-General Comment Why Kimi always waking up late He has 8 or 9 fastest lap this season but 6 of them always late.

F11992
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F11992 » 15 Sep 2008, 12:26

1-Best Driver
Of course Sebastian Vettel, the Heppenheimer!
2-Best Team
Toro Rosso and BMW-Sauber
3-Best Overtake
Massa against Rosberg
4-Best Moment
Hamilton had to come to box and take the intermediates
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team
I think Kimi Raikonnen, he was driving so bad. Only in the last laps he has shown his real power!
6-Best Rookie
Bourdais
7-Biggest Surprise
Taht Vettel had a good strategy to take the winning. I guessed he was very empty in Qualifying. Great job Sebastian! :thumbsup:
8-General Comment
It was an exiting race. And there was nearly no crash. Except Nakajima! That was advertising for the formula one

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 15 Sep 2008, 13:31

1-Best Driver - Sebastian Vettel
2-Best Team - Scuderia Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake - Massa on Rosberg in the 2nd chicane, but he had to give the place back to Rosberg to avoid penalty
4-Best Moment - Hearing the famous combination of Germany and Italy national anthems
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Nakajima & Honda
6-Best Rookie - Nelson Piquet Jr
7-Biggest Surprise - Toro Rosso (The Minardi's DNA team) can win the race with the big margins over the McLaren & BMW

8-General Comment - It was an exciting race, too bad the stewards decide to start the race behind the safety car. Vettel and Toro Rosso did such a great job from start to finish, no mistake and the strategy work pretty well for them. Congrats to Vettel and Toro Rosso :thumbsup:
Last edited by raikkonen4ever on 15 Sep 2008, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

Alonsa
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Alonsa » 15 Sep 2008, 14:10

raikkonen4ever wrote:It was an exciting race, too bad the stewards decide to start the race behind the safety car.
I agree, I think they should've done a normal start, it wasn't raining like Fuji 2007 lol

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 15 Sep 2008, 14:17

Alonsa wrote:
raikkonen4ever wrote:It was an exciting race, too bad the stewards decide to start the race behind the safety car.
I agree, I think they should've done a normal start, it wasn't raining like Fuji 2007 lol
Did you see the GP2 race? Even with a safety car start, Javi Villa, Andi Zuber and Vitaly Petrov were all involved in a mega-crash into Rettifilo. I think a normal start would have been just fine, cos they're so much more restrained than the GP2 drivers. Maybe there would have been slightly more chaos on a normal start, but still. I think that the stewards are maybe just scared of tight first corners in the wet.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 15 Sep 2008, 18:45

TwistedArmco wrote:
Alonsa wrote:
Did you see the GP2 race? Even with a safety car start, Javi Villa, Andi Zuber and Vitaly Petrov were all involved in a mega-crash into Rettifilo. I think a normal start would have been just fine, cos they're so much more restrained than the GP2 drivers. Maybe there would have been slightly more chaos on a normal start, but still. I think that the stewards are maybe just scared of tight first corners in the wet.
I think they don't want to repeat the tragic crash of Monza 2000 because, as you can see at the start, you couldn't see anything behind Vettel's car!

Alonsa
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Alonsa » 15 Sep 2008, 19:12

TwistedArmco wrote:
Alonsa wrote:
Didn't see that race,no. But anyway, it's certainly better to be careful than having crashes from the start.

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 15 Sep 2008, 20:48

1-Best Driver - Vettel of course
2-Best Team STR for sure
3-Best Overtake well, Lewis made couple
4-Best Moment hmm, as Ferrari fan...
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team Honda, Barichello
6-Best Rookie GLock
7-Biggest Surprise Hamilton's pace

8-General Comment Ferrari should think of Vettel like Villi Weber

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 15 Sep 2008, 21:14

1-Best Driver: The name of the day: Vettel
2-Best Team: Toro Rosso.... they did a good strategy too...
3-Best Overtake: There were many... the weather gave the possibility of a great show.
4-Best Moment: Vettel's victory...
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Worst Driver: Massa, because he should have done more than that... he may have lost the championship here... and Worst Team... Honda... nor even in a wet race that usually help to those that cannot be usually competitive they could give much
6-Best Rookie: Vettel
7-Biggest Surprise: Vettel winning...hehe... everything is about Vettel today....

8-General Comment: Good Business for Hamilton at the end... he could have lost the leadership of the championship but Massa did not took it... And congratulations to Vettel... that record will no be easy to achieve in the future...

Garrison
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Garrison » 16 Sep 2008, 00:31

1-Best Driver -Sebastian Vettel.
2-Best Team - Scuderia Toro Rosso.
3-Best Overtake - Robert Kubica on Nick Heidfeld (Don't even know he has overtaken).
4-Best Moment - Sebastian Vettel & Scuderia Toro Rosso (Previously Minardi) winning.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Kimi Raikkonen & Honda Racing Team (Wanted wet race, but cannot capitalise on it as the Scuderia Toro Rosso does).
6-Best Rookie - Sebastian Vettel.
7-Biggest Surprise - Scuderia Toro Rosso with a winning car, that's a class above the rest in the wets.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 16 Sep 2008, 09:48

1-Best Driver - Tie: Vettel an Hamilton, both an experience and a half, I guess :p
2-Best Team - McLaren
3-Best Overtake - Hamilton on Alonso
4-Best Moment - When Hamilton silenced all the Italian by overtaking Raikkonen
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Sutil/Force India
6-Best Rookie - certainly not Bourdais, by throwing away a chance of a STR 1-2
7-Biggest Surprise - Vettel!!

8-General Comment - The whole weekend was for me an experience and a half
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

TheViewer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by TheViewer » 16 Sep 2008, 10:20

1-Vettel
2-Toro Rosso
3-Hamilton taking Webber after coming out of the pits following his second stop. On cold tyres his overtake was skilled.
4-Podium/Winning team radio. Fantastic to see Vettel on top of the podium, but the understated 'You have won the Italian Grand Prix' on the radio was very funny.
5-Honda. They have two good wet weather drivers so they should have finished in better places.
6-Vettel obviously.
7-Toro Rosso winning a race, and that the first win for a Red Bull car was won by the STR not RBR.
8-Best race of the season, biggest shock since Monaco 1996!

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 16 Sep 2008, 13:56

1-Best Driver: Sebastian Vettel. I have to say he had a perfect weekend, the only shame is he didn't put up the fastest lap of the race, but we all know that's reserved for Kimi :)
2-Best Team: Torro Rosso. WHy? well because they had the oportunity to finish on the podium with BOTH cars, if one of the didn't stall on the start.
3-Best Overtake: Hmm... its between Hamilton on Kimi, and Hamilton on Webber
4-Best Moment: Realising that Vettel was faster than Kovaleinen, and that Hamilton had to pit one more time.
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Nakajima, Force india
6-Best Rookie: Bourdais, was a lap behind, but still didn't finish as last
7-Biggest Surprise: Seeing Hamilton actually drive quickly around the track.

8-General Comment:
I loved the race, and had the same feeling when i was watching Belgium 1992. A future champion was driving that day, the same as this sunday.

LegoTP
kart driver
kart driver

Post by LegoTP » 18 Sep 2008, 16:52

1-Best Driver : Vettel of course, he won his first race, and he deserved it.
2-Best Team : Toro Rosso was freaking good during the weekend. Pole + P4 for Bourdais
3-Best Overtake : Too many overtakes, can't choose one ^^
4-Best Moment : Seeing Vettel win
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team : Honda, Force India ? about same levels ^^
6-Best Rookie : Vettel of course.
7-Biggest Surprise : My biggest surprise was at the start, when Bourdais couldn't start the car. I was hugely disappointed.

8-General Comment : A good overall Grand Prix, with loads of overtakes, some suspens parts with "will the rain come or not?" and so on, a rookie winning his first ever Grand Prix.