9 points: I loved it!
27%
8 points: Oh that was great!
27%
7 points: It was pretty good
13%
6 points: It wasn't bad
5%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
2%
4 points: It could have been a lot better
2%
3 points: I didn't really like it
No votes
2 points: It was awful!
No votes
1 point: BAD!!
No votes

Total votes: 63

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Rate the 2008 Italian Grand Prix

Post by blizzard » 14 Sep 2008, 15:04

1-Best Driver
2-Best Team
3-Best Overtake
4-Best Moment
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team
6-Best Rookie
7-Biggest Surprise

8-General Comment

I´m gonna start:

1- Best Driver: Vettel!
2- Best Team: A tie between Toro Rosso and McLaren, Toro was brilliant with Vettel, but wasteful with Bourdais. McLaren did a perfect job with Hamilton´s car set up and scored 8 valuable points with Kovalainen.
3- Best Overtake: Massa vs Rosberg
4- Best Moment: Realizing Hamilton has to pit again and therefore can´t threat Vettel
5- Worst Driver & Worst Team: Sutil (you are the rainmaster??! hahahaha) & Force India, 19th and out.
6- Best Rookie: Vettel!
7- Biggest Surprise: Vettel, he just did it!

8- General comment: I´m delighted that Sebastian took it. I like him by far the most of all our Germans. He can be a brilliant driver in the future and I can see him fighting big battles against Hamilton in the future, as soon as he leaves the Red Bull family and joins Ferrari or BMW.

Jimmylinn
car driver
car driver

Re: Rate the 2008 Italian Grand Prix

Post by Jimmylinn » 14 Sep 2008, 15:27

1-Best Driver : Vettel of course, although with only 1 retirement everyone deserves credit on a day like this.
2-Best Team: Torro Rosso
3-Best Overtake: Massa on Rosberg, the second time round lol
4-Best Moment: When Vettel crossed the line to win
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team: Williams for mucking up the strategy, Kimi was nowhere apart from setting fastest lap as usual at the end
6-Best Rookie: Vettel
7-Biggest Surprise: Vettel's race pace

8-General Comment: Great stuff! Just what we needed after last weekend's dodgy decision making!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Sep 2008, 15:31

1-Best Driver - Has to be Sebastian Vettel - simply outstanding. although credit to lewis Hamilton and Robert Kubica, both gained 8 places from the grid.

2-Best Team- Toro Rosso. No question.
3-Best Overtake - Hamilton on various
4-Best Moment - Vettel winning
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Coulthard/ Williams and Ferrari
6-Best Rookie - Bourdais.
7-Biggest Surprise - Vettel winning!

8-General Comment- Super race with a brilliant, all new 2008 winners podium

Alonsa
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Alonsa » 14 Sep 2008, 15:35

1-Best Driver : Lewis or Vettel I can't really choose

2-Best Team : Toro Rosso (Very good strategy)

3-Best Overtake : Lewis on Fernando

4-Best Moment : When Sebastian Vettel was on the podium

5-Worst Driver & Worst Team : Kimi and certainly Williams

6-Best Rookie : Sebastian Vettel !

7-Biggest Surprise : The speed of the Toro Rosso and the fact that Kimi was so far !

8-General Comment : It was one of the greatest races of this year. Rain, an exciting front row, some beautiful overtakes, and a first win for a rookie ...

damper
kart driver
kart driver

Post by damper » 14 Sep 2008, 15:42

1-Best Driver -Vettel
2-Best Team - Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake - Massa on Rosberg
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Force India both drivers
6-Best Rookie - Vettel
7-Biggest Surprise - Vettel winning

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 14 Sep 2008, 15:44

1-Best Driver - Vettel
2-Best Team - Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake - Hamilton on most (part from Glock and Webber as they were slightly iffy but not dirty)
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Sutil (his time left in f1 is rapidly decresasing) and Honda (slowwwww)
6-Best Rookie - Bourdais very fast, shame he stalled
7-Biggest Surprise - Vettel actually winning

8-General Comment - Entertaining race and at least Hamilton gave way to cars after crossing chicanes.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 14 Sep 2008, 15:46

1-Best Driver-Vettel
2-Best Team-Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake-Massa on Rosberg
4-Best Moment-Vettel on podium
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team-Honda and Bourdais
6-Best Rookie-Vettel
7-Biggest Surprise-The top teams

8-General Comment-Ferrari have taken a wrong decision on Kimmi,Mclaren wrong decision on Hamiton.If they have choosen for one stop they might have been on podium or a big point finish.Massa bad luck for him struck in traffic after 1st pit stop.Great Job by Robert just stayed clam and clinched the 3rd position.Nick managed to stay ahead of Massa.Massa proved he is not bad in wet.over all i give 8/10 for the race for the overtaking moves from Hamilton and Massa and kimmi though very less from Ferrari
Desire has no limits

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 15:47

1-Best Driver
Vettel. Who else? For his dominance, his super demeanour, for winning by 10 seconds on a dry set-up!!! What a legend.
2-Best Team
Renault for their tactical masterstroke with Alonso and inters, and for going for a 1 stopper.
3-Best Overtake
Alonso on Glock, round the outside of T1, in the first 3 laps, on a Fuji style track.
4-Best Moment
When Hamilton was forced to pit for inters. When Vettel crossed the finish line.
Coul-THUD! He was slow and poor, but at least he didn't hit anyone/anything. That is until he stupidly nerfed Naka, his umpteenth collision in 14 races, which Martin Brundle tried to blame on Naka. And then Williams for throwing away a Rosberg result. Operationally Force India did well, and Fisi ran with the big boys for a while, creditably. So not them..
6-Best Rookie
Is Vettel a rookie? If not, Piquet and Bourdais were even - Bourdais had good pace, and great Quali, while Piquet went to lap 35 or more on fairly ok pace. But Vettel.
7-Biggest Surprise
Was going to be that DC didn't hit anybody. But he did. So, it's gonna be Vettel's pace, or Kubica, Alonso and Massa emerging in considerably improved conditions after their switch to inters.

8-General Comment
Regarding point 1) Honorable mention to Kubica, Alonso, Heidfeld and Hamilton. They all drove super races to get the good points. Alonso's inters out-lap was 9 seconds quicker than DC's!! With a 1 lap discrepancy. He certainly is canny, and can make the best out of a bad situation.
Thank Christ Hamilton didn't win the race. If it had been wet all the way through he would have. His was a storming drive, once he got the best out of his set-up, and the strategy would have been great if it had kept raining. But he was on a wet setup, whereas Vettel wasn't, which puts that into perspective. Heidfeld and Kubica did the same as Alonso, but were both a little way up the road to him before the second pitstops. They all emerged nicely into the points, with Alonso in the BM sandwich, which means he got the better of Heidfeld on inters.
But Vettel pwned everyone. :)

Regarding Hamilton's chopping, I could forgive him the move on Glock. Could have been nasty, but he just didn't see him, like di Grassi and Maldonado in the GP2 race.
His move on Alonso was harsh, because as the guy overtaking you are allowed to double move, but he did it while Alonso was still beside him and they touched. How anyone can say that was Alonso's fault is beyond me. It is not Alonso's duty to come off the pedal if Hamilton goes slightly ahead of him. It is Hamilton's duty to avoid cutting him off. Hamilton's defensive move on Webber slightly crossed the boundary as well. It was a very subtle double movement, and I didn't like it at all. It put Webber slightly onto the grass, and really forced him to go onto the escape road. They too made contact. Both of the above moves were swearworthy.
I'm not advocating penalties. Alonso chops occasionally, so do others. But Hamilton does it repeatedly, and someone in the Mac garage should tell him to stop seeing how far over the line he can go before it bites him back. Not impressed. Super race from him though. Would have been the man of the race but for Vettel, and but for his chopping activities.

Massa and Raikkonen did bugger all. So Raikkonen put on a charge and finished 9th with the fastest lap. So what? He was nowhere. Massa was somewhere, but that somewhere was his gridspot. I'm very much willing to believe that that Ferrari is the slippiest car out there. But they've got to (as WDC standard drivers) find a way around that.

Regarding 5) Kovalainen was by no means the worst driver. ITV ripped into him, but he was the second best 2 stopper. Yeah, Vettel whooped him, but that's because Vettel is Jesus. He beat Webber by a long way, Massa by some way, (they are the most comparable, because they two-stopped) and he beat Heidi and Kubi and every single other one-stopper. He didn't do that badly, he just didn't do that well either.

Good old Fernando Alonso. It's fitting that he was the one who, as the previous youngest winner in F1, congratulated Mr Vettel first. A nice gesture.

Rating: 9/10

Where this fits in:

Canada 9/10
Monaco 9/10
Italy 9/10
Britain 8/10
Australia 8/10
Belgium 8/10
Germany 6/10
Hungary 6/10
Bahrain 5/10
France 5/10
Turkey 5/10
Malaysia 4/10
Europe 4/10
Spain 3/10

Wasn't this just the perfect way to heal the Belgium angst?? :cool:
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 14 Sep 2008, 15:52

1-Best Driver - Vettel
2-Best Team - Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake - Massa on Rosberg
4-Best Moment - the podium ceremony
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Sutil & Force India
6-Best Rookie - Bourdais
7-Biggest Surprise - Vettel dominates

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 14 Sep 2008, 15:57

1-Best Driver - Hamilton
2-Best Team - Toro Rosso
3-Best Overtake - Hamilton on Kimi
4-Best Moment - finiiiiiiish
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Kimi was very disappointing. Honda was worst team imo.
6-Best Rookie - Bourdais was ok. shame for stalling :(
7-Biggest Surprise - Kimi being so c**p.

8-General Comment - Finally get to hear the Italian anthem without having to mute the sound :p seriously... Great race. we need FIA Formula 1 WET Championship.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 14 Sep 2008, 16:19

1-Best Driver - Sebastian Vettel

2-Best Team - Toro Rosso

3-Best Overtake - there have been many overtakings... can't remember which was best :blush:

4-Best Moment - podium ceremony

5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Kimi Räikkönen (I expected more of him, however, i think his car was the matter, not him)

6-Best Rookie - Nelson Piquet, Bourdais was disappoining in my opinion :pout: :(

7-Biggest Surprise - Bourdais stalling his engine/Kubica on podium

8-General Comment - Vettel did a great job. 10/10 pointws for this stunning race. I hope for an equal one at Singapur in 2 weeks :D

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 14 Sep 2008, 16:25

1-Best Driver - Vettel
2-Best Team - STR <- O.o
3-Best Overtake - Hamilton on Kimi
4-Best Moment - Hamilton's second pit stop
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Adrian Sutil and Force India
6-Best Rookie - Vettel :P
7-Biggest Surprise - Massa giving away his position for rosberg

8-General Comment - Great Race! I didnt know who was going to be the winner until the last 10 laps.

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 14 Sep 2008, 16:26

1-Best Driver - Vettel !
2-Best Team - Toro Rosso !
3-Best Overtake - All the overtakes here are beautiful!
4-Best Moment - Vettel wins!
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Sutil ( rainmaster? ) / Force India
6-Best Rookie - Vettel ! ( Shame for Bourdais ( he says the anti stall didn't work and he cannot put 1st gear...) )
7-Biggest Surprise - Bourdais stalls on the grid

Alex.J.
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Alex.J. » 14 Sep 2008, 16:29

1-Best Driver- Of course Vettel
2-Best Team - STR and BMW
3-Best Overtake - Hamilton on alllllll the ppl he passed :D
4-Best Moment - Seeing Vettel win
5-Worst Driver & Worst Team - Force India and i must say Kimi
6-Best Rookie - Vettel :D
7-Biggest Surprise - Seeing Vettel come clean of the race and Kubica on podium

8-General Comment - Kimi is out of championship IMHO
As I walked through it Sunday evening, I couldn’t help but be amazed by the scale of this operation and the thousands of man hours that go into entertaining us for a couple of hours, 17 times a year.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 14 Sep 2008, 16:32

1-Best Driver
Vettel: a consistent drive gave him the win
2-Best Team
Toro Rosso:Although Bourdais did not get a good result, the tema has improved a lot and are now best of the rest, as many people call it.
3-Best Overtake
Massa on roseberg. He gave his everything, despite knowing that the Ferrari was not good in wet.
4-Best Moment
Hamilton having to pit for inters
Kimi, he failed to improve when Kubica and hamilton did the same from poor qualifying position.
6-Best Rookie
Bourdais,did a good job in quali and that was enough for best rookie
7-Biggest Surprise
Massa on same amount of fuel as heikki and webber, and did a bad job in quali 3.
8-General Comment
Well it was a preety good race. Vettel capitalized on the quali problems of massa,kimi and lewis. Alonso, kubica and hiedfield were a little lucky to be able to switch to inters in their first stop.
Kimi as always waking up little bit late.

Next up is singapore and I believe anything can happen there.