2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by syafiqa » 15 Sep 2008, 13:40

Blizzard..I love your quote.. :D
U touch me..
Thank u for it.. :wave:

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Sep 2008, 13:52

Sorry that I started the Ferrari McLaren thing, but I was interested in how somebody can not like Ferrari. I was just interested. And I can understand the reasons scermat says why he doesn't like Ferrari. I guess it's just our expieriences and where we come from differ, thus we support another team. And I have to say that I don't like football player Figo from Italia, I guess you know why hehe. But all that doesn't change my mind on Ferrari, I still support them. For me, Ferrari is "warm" and McLaren is "cold" if you know what I mean. But Ferrari being holy is also a bit too much for me, but it gives something nice in return, for example when Ferrari wins, the church bells in Maranello ring. But that's just a small detail.

Seems like alot of drivers are really nice, scermat! Lewis cares alot about his fans, which is good. But I just don't like always what he says about himself, like being as good as Senna and stuff. Makes me respect him less. But I agree with you about his actions on the track. It seems like Kubica sometimes can't be bothered for an autograph, but just ignoring you is just not nice.

About the generalising, scermat said he knows a few nice Italians so he isn't really generalising I guess. In every country you have, like what blizzard says, good and bad people. I think we all have good meanings and let's keep it that way.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Sep 2008, 14:07

hehe sejtur Figo is from Portugal :)

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 15 Sep 2008, 14:50

TwistedArmco wrote:
megasyxx wrote:vettel isn't even in the poll choices....... :D great drive from him! the itv commentator always had the comment "toro rosso had minardi dna" :blink: is he a mad scientist or something?
No, he's just a tit who thinks he has some smart things to say.. Fire James Allen ITV. Don't hire him, BBC!!
Don't worry, its official they are not hiring him. Its between Edwards, Croft and Legard for main commentator position. BBC employee said so on broadcasting forum.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 15 Sep 2008, 15:48

blizzard wrote:hehe sejtur Figo is from Portugal :)
oh s**** :p :blush: nevermind that part then. :sad:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Sep 2008, 15:49

Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
megasyxx wrote:vettel isn't even in the poll choices....... :D great drive from him! the itv commentator always had the comment "toro rosso had minardi dna" :blink: is he a mad scientist or something?
No, he's just a tit who thinks he has some smart things to say.. Fire James Allen ITV. Don't hire him, BBC!!
Don't worry, its official they are not hiring him. Its between Edwards, Croft and Legard for main commentator position. BBC employee said so on broadcasting forum.
can you give me the link fergie?

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 15 Sep 2008, 18:28

phil1993 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
can you give me the link fergie?
Hope u guys don't get James Allen from next year
Desire has no limits

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 15 Sep 2008, 20:19

Ben Edwards was great at Eurosport.

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 15 Sep 2008, 20:46

I went to Monza to see the race... and you know what?... Fans from different teams were happy for Vettel's victory... even some of Ferrari, which is not easy because they don't like to loose at home.
It was a really nice race. I've not seen the video yet, but at least in the track was interesting...
Vettel did an incredible job. He always kept a good advantage and push hard all the race... In fact, I was near the second Lesmo curve and Vettel almost lost the car twice for pushing. One time was breaking to enter to Lesmo 2, and the second one was when there were 2 laps to go, that he went out a little bit after Lesmo 1.
To be honest I wasn't expecting him to win... I thought it was Heiki who was going to win... but I'm really glad... It's annoying when all the races are won just by two teams... even if I'm a McLaren's fan I like when somebody else wins..

About the results... From those that are fighting for the championship, I think the best result was for Hamilton, because Massa lost the possibility of taking the lead and gain some points over Hamilton. I mean, Massa ended the race where he started, and three guys that started after him could finish before... so it was not precisely a good business... He should have finish at least third...
About Raikkonen... nothing much to say... at least he could win some positions, but no points... When hamilton overtook him the commentators of the circuit said that he usually was not one that defends much his position...

And my curse didn't work perfectly (If I go to a race, one Ferrari does not finish) ... but it had the same effect... one ferrari out of the points... :p

Here there is a video I made with some of the videos I recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHUol55-c4

I'll put the photos in the correspondent section... Flag:## :wave:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 16 Sep 2008, 08:02

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 16 Sep 2008, 08:37

yeah it was a nice video...thanks
Desire has no limits

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 16 Sep 2008, 09:43

Guys!! I'm back!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 16 Sep 2008, 11:43

Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
i heard top gear gang might have something to do with it.

imagine jeremy, hammond and may cocking about in the paddock before the start. :@:2

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 16 Sep 2008, 11:52

sejtur wrote:Seems like alot of drivers are really nice, scermat! Lewis cares alot about his fans, which is good. But I just don't like always what he says about himself, like being as good as Senna and stuff. Makes me respect him less. But I agree with you about his actions on the track. It seems like Kubica sometimes can't be bothered for an autograph, but just ignoring you is just not nice.
yes. all bar one of them (kubica) i met were nice and very friendly to me. which leaves me wondering what the heck is bernie on about when he says theyre not doing any good for the sport. what does he expect them to do?

but anyway, re the driver comments i already gave my opinion in other threads (i think anyway). show me a driver who doesn't praise himself and i'll show you a driver who's failing to be successful. yes, sometimes it does get too far... which is why they have to eat a humble pie every now and then. but no driver is worse than the other. probably it seems like that if you live in the UK where all you hear about is Hamilton Hamilton Hamilton and some more of Lewis Hamilton (and you get told you're not hearing enough of Lewis Hamilton). but that's not his fault. he's just telling the general public what they want to hear. like Alonso does in Spain and Ferrari do in italy. probably the least biased country would be the finns. cause they are pretty much involved in every frikken team :@:2

ultimately it's all about self confidence and self belief. take that away and you wont be better than the others no matter what. (Kimi's going through it atm and Lewis went through it in Bahrain this year - just see what he said there. worlds apart from him being better than the others) so yes, drivers do need to think they are better than the others. whether they say that or not is another issue and yes there i'd agree that lewis rather shuts his mouth up sometimes. but he was criticised for doing that early last year anyway. :roll::

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 16 Sep 2008, 11:54

scermat wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
i heard top gear gang might have something to do with it.

imagine jeremy, hammond and may cocking about in the paddock before the start. :@:2

Haha that would be great. That "interview" at the studio with Jeremy and Jenson Button is legendary :)