9 points: I loved it!
3%
8 points: Oh that was great!
5%
7 points: It was pretty good
9%
6 points: It wasn't bad
16%
5 points: Eh there where parts that weren't very good, though!
5%
4 points: It could have been a lot better
24%
3 points: I didn't really like it
16%
2 points: It was aweful!
9%
1 point: BAD!!
7%

Total votes: 76

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rate the European GP 2008 in Valencia

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Aug 2008, 22:36

joostlamers wrote: Nonsense!! We all thought Melbourne needed rain for an exciting race, but look what happened this year!! We just need a few do or die overtaking action, and everyone is happy, but no one really knew the track that well, that they had the guts to drive very close behind another driver, and making a move (except DC, but he doesn't deserve to be in a F1 car still :p)
I think it was more the cars. That's why I said what I did. We need slippier, more powerful, less aero dependant.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 Aug 2008, 09:09

TwistedArmco wrote:
joostlamers wrote: Nonsense!! We all thought Melbourne needed rain for an exciting race, but look what happened this year!! We just need a few do or die overtaking action, and everyone is happy, but no one really knew the track that well, that they had the guts to drive very close behind another driver, and making a move (except DC, but he doesn't deserve to be in a F1 car still :p)
I think it was more the cars. That's why I said what I did. We need slippier, more powerful, less aero dependant.
No, these were the cars that made a real show in Melbourne, you can't predict an exciting race when it's dry. You need a rain installation to make sure(!) you have a great race for the fans. But we don't have that, so 7 of the 10 dry GPs, are boring I think. Melbourne was 1 of those 3 exciting dry GPs in a year.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Aug 2008, 10:59

Canada was one, but what was the other? Hock'?

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 30 Aug 2008, 15:07

Lol @ 5 people voting for wonderful. ...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 30 Aug 2008, 15:19

sejtur wrote:Lol @ 5 people voting for wonderful. ...
yes :oh: ..I don't believe them, they are fake, step forward if you voted for that was wonderful..

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 30 Aug 2008, 16:11

if you love massa and kubica and hate kimi, alonso and redbull, that was surely an wonderful race.
Its people's opinion so you can expect anything.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 30 Aug 2008, 19:37

shail69 wrote:if you love massa and kubica and hate kimi, alonso and redbull, that was surely an wonderful race.
Yeah, but maybe those people with those opinions only looked at the results sheet and didn't watch the race. Because even when your guy is winning, a boring race is a boring race.

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 30 Aug 2008, 23:01

Best Driver: Massa
Best Team: Toro Rosso
Besk overtaking: ???
Best Moment: none
Worst driver: Alonso
Worst Team: Ferrari
Best Rookie: Bourdais
Most surprising moment: Kimi's pitstop incident

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 31 Aug 2008, 15:28

TwistedArmco wrote:
shail69 wrote:if you love massa and kubica and hate kimi, alonso and redbull, that was surely an wonderful race.
Yeah, but maybe those people with those opinions only looked at the results sheet and didn't watch the race. Because even when your guy is winning, a boring race is a boring race.
If my guy had won this race I sure would have voted wonderful + 1 and I wouldn't have been bored for a minute even if he was leading with 20 sec. :O
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 31 Aug 2008, 15:51

.............now that didn't happen. Not even a finish, let alone a point. I would have been happy with that. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Best Driver:
Felipe Massa. Fast, no mistakes. He looks more and more like the only real challenge to Hamilton for the WDC title.

Best Team:
Don't know but Toro Rosso must be the surprise team of the weekend anyway.

Best overtaking:
N/A. But it's unfair to blame the track, it's wide enough for overtaking unlike street circuits like Monaco. Blame the aeroregs. Hopefully it will get getter next year.

Best Moment:
Can't really think of any. Massa running away with the win, maybe?

Worst driver:
DC. Getting more and more pathetic with every race. Can Red Bull really afford both his salary and the repair costs on his car? :pout: Honorary mention to Nakajima - it was close I made a voodoo doll resembling him after lap 1. :<>:

Worst Team:
Ferrari. Despite winning, and Kimi's mess up wasn't really the team's fault. But please Ferrari you've GOT to stop those "reliability improvements" on the engines! :blink: And don't release drivers haphazardly, it will end with a accident sooner or later.

Best Rookie:
Piquet did a decent job with a car with a damaged nose. Bourdais decent also, but he's beaten badly by his teammate.

Most surprising moment:
That I managed to stay in front of the TV the whole race.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 31 Aug 2008, 17:11

Suntrek wrote:Most surprising moment: That I managed to stay in front of the TV the whole race.
Lol :@:2

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 31 Aug 2008, 17:14

Suntrek wrote:Most surprising moment: That I managed to stay in front of the TV the whole race.
+1

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 31 Aug 2008, 18:32

Suntrek wrote: If my guy had won this race I sure would have voted wonderful + 1 and I wouldn't have been bored for a minute even if he was leading with 20 sec. :O
He's my guy too. But for instance, the Spanish Grand Prix of 2006. It was boring. I was happy after it. But it was only a 3 out of 10. :wave: This race would have been exciting, had Fernando won from 12th!
But he didn't, and that is partly Nakajima's fault (for being inexperienced and not correctly assessing the concertina effect) and partly fluke and bad luck, for there being a concertina in the first pace. I don't fully blame him. And he put the best overtake of the race in.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 31 Aug 2008, 19:47

TwistedArmco wrote:
Suntrek wrote: If my guy had won this race I sure would have voted wonderful + 1 and I wouldn't have been bored for a minute even if he was leading with 20 sec. :O
He's my guy too. But for instance, the Spanish Grand Prix of 2006. It was boring. I was happy after it. But it was only a 3 out of 10. :wave: This race would have been exciting, had Fernando won from 12th!
But he didn't, and that is partly Nakajima's fault (for being inexperienced and not correctly assessing the concertina effect) and partly fluke and bad luck, for there being a concertina in the first pace. I don't fully blame him. And he put the best overtake of the race in.
Yes, I understand your point. A race when "nothing" happens is often boring, but to me Spanish GP 2006 wasn't boring at all. It was Alonso driving one of his best races, he didn't put a foot wrong, he didn't miss a braking point, he had the perfect line, was in perfect balance all the race and I could have watched him for hours. But then again I'm perhaps easily amused. :pout: :)

I don't blame Nakajima altogether either - well I blame him but I'm not planning on murdering him or anything. Things like these can happen in the mayhem that is an F1 mid-grid at the start and first corners, it's something one must accept. And as the race panned out I'm not sure Alonso would have been much better than 12th even if he'd not been hit, most drivers "about" finished where they started, so to speak. Maybe a 9th-10th at best. But it would have been nicer to have him on track, anyway. :(

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by MrPonx » 02 Sep 2008, 07:38

i didn't really like the race, I can almost say it was the most boring weekend of the season

would it be different if Kimi was in front? maybe, but not by a lot