2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2008, 16:50

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Kimi Räikkönen
38%
Felipe Massa
24%
Robert Kubica
5%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
4%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
1%

Total votes: 76

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by ScuderiaFan » 25 Aug 2008, 15:01

senna74 wrote:
MiguelRfactorF1 wrote:
The big boys races are coming (spa, monza, suzuka and interlagos), and I do'nt expect him to do well in those races, sorry :)
Budapest wasn't Massa's Favorite's track .. and look what have he done last race .. although he lost the race in just 3 laps to go from some incedints out of his hand .. but he was untouchable in a track that he doesn't like .. i still remember when he overtook the Mclarens at the start .. he made both of them like :blink: .. Massa has the talent and a long breathe for this year .. and he willl do his best for the remaining races to put himself in the hall of fame and honour member in ferrari family .. and remember he's fast at his hometown grandprix .. poleposition last year and he could easily won despite the team wanted kimi to nail the title from alonso and Lewis so he handed it to his teammate .. and a victory in 2006 .. so don't underestimate him .. so far he's doing a great job against his nearset rivel ( Lewis )
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

senna74
car driver
car driver

Post by senna74 » 25 Aug 2008, 15:12

ScuderiaFan wrote:
senna74 wrote:
MiguelRfactorF1 wrote:
The big boys races are coming (spa, monza, suzuka and interlagos), and I do'nt expect him to do well in those races, sorry :)
Budapest wasn't Massa's Favorite's track .. and look what have he done last race .. although he lost the race in just 3 laps to go from some incedints out of his hand .. but he was untouchable in a track that he doesn't like .. i still remember when he overtook the Mclarens at the start .. he made both of them like :blink: .. Massa has the talent and a long breathe for this year .. and he willl do his best for the remaining races to put himself in the hall of fame and honour member in ferrari family .. and remember he's fast at his hometown grandprix .. poleposition last year and he could easily won despite the team wanted kimi to nail the title from alonso and Lewis so he handed it to his teammate .. and a victory in 2006 .. so don't underestimate him .. so far he's doing a great job against his nearset rivel ( Lewis )
I surely don't underestimate him, ( he's a ferrari driver so automaticlly he's good), But is he the one who can make the difference, Kimi can, alonso, lewis and kubica can, by CAN: I mean when he's in trouble or the car doesn't deliver, a talented driver can reach within his limits to find more and make a difference..

Massa deceived a lot by his poor performances in some races this year, Silvetstone does it ring a bell ? :p

senna74
car driver
car driver

Post by senna74 » 25 Aug 2008, 15:28

iceman1 wrote:
senna74 wrote:The big boys races are coming (spa, monza, suzuka and interlagos), and I do'nt expect him to do well in those races, sorry :)
Are you sure about Interlagos ? :O
Interlagos is made for the big boys, we all agree on that..
The championship this year isn't as tight as last year's but still, I think they'll arrive to brazil without a champion.. So the preassure will be high and the experienced will have bigger chances..

Massa his wins as I a said are mostly when he leads the first laps, he's like a Damon hill, and to prove it; try to give juste a couple of races where Massa drove to a win from middle pack starting position.

Alonso did it, kimi did it and lewis nearly did it if I'm not mistaken :roll::

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 25 Aug 2008, 15:42

senna is right, Massa only won two races where he didn't start from pole (Bahrain and France 2008).
In Bahrain and France he started from 2nd on the grid. So you see, Massa needs a good grid position to win a race.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 25 Aug 2008, 16:36

i completely agree with senna as well mind you. massa's good if he has no pressure. but put some pressure (like rain) and get ready for a mess.
ScuderiaFan wrote:
senna74 wrote:
MiguelRfactorF1 wrote:
wouldn't be so sure bout budapest. Lewis was out of the race in the 2nd stint where he was fueled a hell of a lot more than Massa (according to post-race reports anyway - he pitted earlier than he was supposed to in 1st stint so as to get a lot more laps in for 2nd stint)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 25 Aug 2008, 17:12

Hamilton thanked his team for the high level of reliability :) , In the last 29 GPs (that means all off Lewis' GPs) he never suffered a single technical failure which forced him park his car. :shhh:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Aug 2008, 17:39

syafiqa wrote:I dont think anyone even massa or hamy could easily beat him. :p
Next race keep the tissue paper ready :p LOL

Its not actually crazy appreciation ..he deserves very bit of it.
Kimi pit stop was kind of NOOB act quite similar DC unconventional experience overtaking attacks :n
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 25 Aug 2008, 17:46

Congratulations to Massa..And congratulations to Lewis Hamilton and Kovalainen they closed 3 points in WCC..Lewis's in safe position for the WDC i believe it'll be between Hamilton-Massa in next races..They're both in good form i can't wait to watch them in Spa.It'll be cooler than Valencia and there'll be hardest compunds so it's better For McLaren and Lewis..Lewis drover intelligently in Valencia he knew he doesn't need to push to engine cuz he used it in hot Hungarian Gp so he down the revs and bring 8 points..There's 6 points gap to Massa 13 points to Kimi..if Kimi wouldn't win in Spa his title chance will be really low...i expected exciting race in Valencia but it was the most boring race in 2008..i wanted to sleep really!There were 2-3 actions Alonso-Nakajima incident,Kimi's engine failure and Kovalainen's strong start!Although Heikki isn't fast enough in race pace he did great job in Valencia with passing Kimi and defending his position.He should have passed Kubica but it's hard to overtake here and there's no need to risk anyting for 1 point so it was ok..He's the key driver for WCC..
And about Hamilton's flu,spasm and neck problems i hope he'll get well soon..He showed solid race and qualifying pace although he had health problems.
4ever McLaren...

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 25 Aug 2008, 18:07

Zack wrote:

Kimi pit stop was kind of NOOB act quite similar DC unconventional experience overtaking attacks :n

I've already cried since the france gp. No more tears.. :p

I know..i just like to used the words crazy in my quotes..
Kimi is under pressure, he try to fight with kovy in the pits. Its normal when someone make mistake when he cant control the pressure and instead he let the pressure to control himself.

Got what I means?? :wave:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Aug 2008, 18:23

senna74 wrote:I surely don't underestimate him, ( he's a ferrari driver so automaticlly he's good), But is he the one who can make the difference, Kimi can, alonso, lewis and kubica can, by CAN: I mean when he's in trouble or the car doesn't deliver, a talented driver can reach within his limits to find more and make a difference..
I see no of current F1 have "can" abilities ..its long gone :wave: :O
syafiqa wrote:Its normal when someone make mistake when he cant control the pressure and instead he let the pressure to control himself.
:thumbsup:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 25 Aug 2008, 18:57

syafiqa wrote:
Zack wrote:

I've already cried since the france gp. No more tears.. :p

I know..i just like to used the words crazy in my quotes..
Kimi is under pressure, he try to fight with kovy in the pits. Its normal when someone make mistake when he cant control the pressure and instead he let the pressure to control himself.

Got what I means?? :wave:
Kimi is not the kind of racer to crack under pressure.

way i see it is he just cannot be bothered with racing in F1 anymore. have a hunch internal ferrari politics have a lot to do with it.

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 25 Aug 2008, 18:58

Kimi will be back at Spa .. Ferrari has dominated last year in Spa with 1 and 2 finish .. hope they will do it again .. and i can agree that Massa needs a good grid to win a race which is somthing he's gonna do in the next upcoming events .. go scuderia
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

toolmeup
car driver
car driver

Post by toolmeup » 25 Aug 2008, 19:34

Man the race was absolutely boring. I fell asleep during the race.
I remember reading about the circuit before the race (how they compared it the Monaco and Bahrein), and now I believe they were awfully wrong to do so.
No more article reading for me

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 25 Aug 2008, 20:11

senna74 wrote: Massa deceived a lot by his poor performances in some races this year, Silvetstone does it ring a bell ? :p
well one thing i would like to mention is that he had crash in the practice session. if you look at previous results if you have some problem in practice you tend to have a bad race much like hamilton in bahrain.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 25 Aug 2008, 20:16

ScuderiaFan wrote:
senna74 wrote:
MiguelRfactorF1 wrote:
wouldn't be so sure bout budapest. Lewis was out of the race in the 2nd stint where he was fueled a hell of a lot more than Massa (according to post-race reports anyway - he pitted earlier than he was supposed to in 1st stint so as to get a lot more laps in for 2nd stint)[/quote]

well it isnt the amount of fuel that decides the winner is it? its the laptime and the time when hamilton had the puncture he was 5s behind and the gap was increasing and byt the time they have to make the pits I would not have been surprised to see that gap to aaround 7s. And hamilton wasent so much heavier than massa only 2 or 3 laps. And you cannot say that it was because of the puncture, because the puncture was his fault, so he was indeed responsible for that.